Windows 10: How can I get a function key lock for my pc?

Discus and support How can I get a function key lock for my pc? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I can't seem to find a straight answer to this, so I guess I'll ask. My keyboard has the volume and some other keys on the function keys, but the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/meat_toboggan69, Jan 6, 2021.

1. How can I get a function key lock for my pc?

I can't seem to find a straight answer to this, so I guess I'll ask.

My keyboard has the volume and some other keys on the function keys, but the default use is the function keys. Is there a way to make it so I can lock the function key so I don't have to hit function to adjust the volume? Also, I can't use something that's like a permanent change because I still need the function keys a lot of the time.

submitted by /u/meat_toboggan69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/meat_toboggan69, Jan 6, 2021
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Rotation lock key is not functioning

Since the Rotation lock is still grayed out, our next step is to uninstall/Update your display driver. To uninstall your your drivers, you can do the following:

• Press the Windows and X key on your keyboard and click on
      Device Manager
    • On the Device Manager window, click on the Display adapter drop-down.
    • Right-click the driver and choose uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

If it is the same, update the said driver by following these steps:

• Go Back to the Display adapter drop down in Device Manager.
    • Locate your display adapter driver, right-click and choose
      Update Driver Software

We would also suggest that you go to your device manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for your device.

For further queries, feel free to post back.

Jay Jap, Jan 6, 2021
  3. alt-key functionality

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps:

• Single Click on the file.
    • Tap F2 ( Function Key).
    • Then type the name and enter.
    Hope this answers your query and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Andria Maria Mendez, Jan 6, 2021
  4. How can I get a function key lock for my pc?

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Jan 6, 2021
Thema:

How can I get a function key lock for my pc?

1. How can I get a function key lock for my pc? - Similar Threads - function key lock

2. How I can get my bitloker key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I can get my bitloker key: Hi. My computer is locked and asking bitloker identify key and I don't have that so please help me to solve this problem thanks.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-get-my-bitloker-key/95c6049b-27af-4030-a6a0-7dc8c09aac41
  3. How I can get my bitloker key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can get my bitloker key: Hi. My computer is locked and asking bitloker identify key and I don't have that so please help me to solve this problem thanks.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-get-my-bitloker-key/95c6049b-27af-4030-a6a0-7dc8c09aac41
  4. How do I toggle the function key lock on my USB keyboard? DESKTOP PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I toggle the function key lock on my USB keyboard? DESKTOP PC: I just got an HP keyboard for my desktop and it's nice and all but I'm having issues when I use it where I have to hold the FN key down in order to use the F1-F12 key functions. I have been searching for a while now on how to fix it, even looking at other support pages on the...
  5. How do I toggle the function key lock on my USB keyboard? DESKTOP PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I toggle the function key lock on my USB keyboard? DESKTOP PC: I just got an HP keyboard for my desktop and it's nice and all but I'm having issues when I use it where I have to hold the FN key down in order to use the F1-F12 key functions. I have been searching for a while now on how to fix it, even looking at other support pages on the...
  6. How can I change my laptops function keys?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I change my laptops function keys?: So my laptop has those keys that let you change the brightness and the volume, they share spot the function keys, F1, F2, etc.The problem is that the key that is also F1 makes my laptop suspend itself, and the F2 turns on airplane mode and I repeatedly accidentally press...
  7. how can i get my product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how can i get my product key: How can i get my product key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-product-key/530e3bb0-c8cc-422e-98af-d5972693292d
  8. Function key lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Function key lock: So I've tried the holding fn and shift or fn and caps but nothing happens. I'm playing game and I need the function keys so I dont have to keep pressing FN then f1-f12. My keyboard has no fn lock button....
  9. How do I lock the function keys?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I lock the function keys?: Hi all, I just had a quick question. Some games I play require the press of F1-12 keys, although I always have to hold down the Fn key to make them work. Is there any way to lock the F1-12 keys so I don't have to press that Fn button? I commonly see people refer to Fn+Esc,...
  10. How do I get my f keys locked?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get my f keys locked?: When I play any games that require the use of the f keys, I have to hold fn and push the f key I want to use. Is there a way I can lock the f keys so they don't adjust my brightness, volume, etc and instead be used in my game?...