Windows 10: How can I get a laptop to stop locking every 30-60 seconds?

Discus and support How can I get a laptop to stop locking every 30-60 seconds? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I just set up 2 new laptops for users in my office, and on both of them the screen turns off and locks after about 30-60 seconds away from the screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PatrickGSR94, Mar 25, 2021.

1. How can I get a laptop to stop locking every 30-60 seconds?

I just set up 2 new laptops for users in my office, and on both of them the screen turns off and locks after about 30-60 seconds away from the screen. Somehow the camera is tied to this, so when someone approaches the laptop the screen will come back on, but it's locked. So these people are having to enter their domain login PW many, many times a day. The Power settings include turning screen off after 10 minutes on battery, and Never when plugged in. Screen saver is also set to None.

I believe the necessary setting is in Sign-in Options, Require Sign-In. My machine is set to Never. But these laptops say "Every Time", and on both they're grayed out, with the red "some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization". And I can't figure out how to change that setting.

Note that these laptops are both part of my office server's AD. I have tried logging in with a local username on each machine, and even logged in with a server admin login, and every time that setting is still grayed out. I even tried removing the computer from the domain, logging in with the local user, changing that setting, then adding the machine back to the domain again. Once again the setting was back to "Every Time" and grayed out.

What can I do? We're pulling our hair out with this because it's super annoying!

:)

PatrickGSR94, Mar 25, 2021

2. locked frames while gaming on second screen after creator's update

after the creator's update when i try to game on my second screen it locks the frames at 60, every time i drop a frame it lowers in steps of 10 until i'm stuck at 40-30. this is not the case when just playing on the screen of my laptop. Love some help to
    unlock the frames on the second screen as well, thank you.

toondewindt, Mar 25, 2021
  3. AlterMind Win User
    Increase Task Manager performance view beyond 60 seconds

Hi all -- the title says it all *Smile
    Is there a tweak that would allow the Windows 10 Task Manager performance view (the graphics sliding every second) to show more than 60 seconds ? Windows 7 would allow me to see near 30 mins !
    Thx for your suggestions !
    @+++

How can I get a laptop to stop locking every 30-60 seconds? [​IMG]

AlterMind, Mar 25, 2021
  4. TWH_818 Win User

How can I get a laptop to stop locking every 30-60 seconds?

Windows 10 Console Lock Timeout (60 seconds)

My computer (Windows 10 Pro, Build 1709, 16299.371) just changed its behavior yesterday. After 60 seconds of inactivity it turns off the screen and then locks it so when I wake it up I have to enter my password again.

Power settings are 30 minutes DC, 60 minutes AC. Screensaver is set to "None" with no timeout specified.

Subgroup GUID: 7516b95f-f776-4464-8c53-06167f40cc99 (Display)

GUID Alias: SUB_VIDEO

Power Setting GUID: 3c0bc021-c8a8-4e07-a973-6b14cbcb2b7e (Turn off display after)

GUID Alias: VIDEOIDLE

Minimum Possible Setting: 0x00000000

Maximum Possible Setting: 0xffffffff

Possible Settings increment: 0x00000001

Possible Settings units: Seconds

Current AC Power Setting Index: 0x00000e10

Current DC Power Setting Index: 0x00000708

I have looked everywhere else and can't figure out where else I might be able to change this setting. 60 seconds inactivity timeout is SUPER ANNOYING.

Thanks,

TWH

TWH_818, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

How can I get a laptop to stop locking every 30-60 seconds?

1. How can I get a laptop to stop locking every 30-60 seconds? - Similar Threads - laptop stop locking

2. my laptop lags in games every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop lags in games every 20-30 seconds.: it wasn't lagging when it was on win 10 and after i upgraded the system to win 11 it started lagging every 20-30 seconds.specifications:AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile GfxNVIDA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Hynix HFM512GDJTNG-8310A8GB ram...
  3. my laptop lags in games every 20-30 seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop lags in games every 20-30 seconds.: it wasn't lagging when it was on win 10 and after i upgraded the system to win 11 it started lagging every 20-30 seconds.specifications:AMD Ryzen 5 3550H with Radeon Vega Mobile GfxNVIDA Geforce GTX 1050 Ti Hynix HFM512GDJTNG-8310A8GB ram...
  4. How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?: I have tried using the registry to add every additional setting possible to power options, and it does not look like any of my drivers are at fault. How do I fix?...
  5. How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?: I have tried using the registry to add every additional setting possible to power options, and it does not look like any of my drivers are at fault. How do I fix?...
  6. How to stop display dimming and locking every 60 seconds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How to stop the screen flickering every 60 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to stop the screen flickering every 60 seconds: monitor screen flickers every 60 seconds like clockwork. Desktop. It flashes, rather than flickers. It happens when I am on the internet, or on WORD, anytime. The mouse also jumps at that moment - becomes unstable. I have seen something online about drivers and so on,...
  8. Powershell script running every 60 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Powershell script running every 60 seconds: I have re-purposed an old Toshiba Satellite L650 laptop to stream media in my theatre room. I installed an SSD and reinstalled Windows 10. I have noticed the fan speed would increase and decrease regularly even when I was not touching it. I checked Task Manager and CPU...
  9. No Internet for 30/60 seconds after bootup.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet for 30/60 seconds after bootup.: Issue copied from reddit /windows10 as i'm having the same issue.. Hi all, I've had this issue for a while and haven't really bothered to do anything about it till now. Since I upgrade to Win10 some months ago, I've noticed that every time I start or reboot my PC my...
  10. 30-60 second black screen with cursor on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    30-60 second black screen with cursor on boot: This has been happening ever since I upgraded to 10 about 2 weeks ago. I start the computer, 3 second ASUS logo, then windows 10 logo comes up and it loads for about 10-20 seconds, then I get a black screen with a cursor for 30-60 seconds, followed by another loading screen...