Windows 10: How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

Discus and support How can I get a unique identifier in Windows? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am currently developing a C# desktop application and I want to protect this program to run on only one device. I can already do this by linking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by karim.badawy, Feb 27, 2024.

1. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

Hello,I am currently developing a C# desktop application and I want to protect this program to run on only one device. I can already do this by linking the program to the hard disk serial number or processor serial number, but this causes a problem for me with clients, as the client can change the hard disk or processor at any time, which will stop the program. I need a fixed identifier that is unique and does not change manually or even if the hard disk or processor is changed.thank you

:)

karim.badawy, Feb 27, 2024

2. Universal Unique Identifier (uuid) type is not supported

Hi Jimish,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are getting a message “Universal Unique Identifier (uuid) type is not supported” on the pc. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Have you logged in to the pc as admin?

• Is the computer connected to a domain network?

Winlogon communicates with the Group Policy service (GPSVC) through an RPC call upon system startup for computer policy and with user logon for user policy. System Center Configuration Manager installs a Client-Side Extension (CSE) in the Windows image,
    which is detected by the Group Policy service on first start. The Group policy service then isolates itself into a separate SVCHOST process (it is originally running in a shared process with other services). As RPC communications have already been established
    before the service isolation, Winlogon can no longer contact the Group Policy service, and this results in the error message that is described in the Symptoms section.

On later restarts, GPSVC is appearing in a separate process from the beginning of the operating system session, and therefore the RPC runtime has no problem finding the correct server process instance.

Suggest you to refer to the reply provided by “Azaruddin Syed” from this thread to check if that helps.

Redirecting

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Feb 27, 2024
  3. Group Policy Client Service failed at sign in. The Universal Unique Identifier (UUID) type is not supported

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided by Azaruddin Syed, in the link below.

Redirecting

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Feb 27, 2024
  4. Pavan_N Win User

How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

Group Policy Client Service failed the sign-in. The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported

Hi,

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

First logon fails with "The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported

Applies to Windows 10.

Registry disclaimer

Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore,
    make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following
    article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base: 322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows - Microsoft Support)

Do let us know if the issue still persist at first log in. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

1. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows? - Similar Threads - unique identifier

2. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?: Hello,I am currently developing a C# desktop application and I want to protect this program to run on only one device. I can already do this by linking the program to the hard disk serial number or processor serial number, but this causes a problem for me with clients, as the...
  3. How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I get a unique identifier in Windows?: Hello,I am currently developing a C# desktop application and I want to protect this program to run on only one device. I can already do this by linking the program to the hard disk serial number or processor serial number, but this causes a problem for me with clients, as the...
  4. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...: When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence - connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not recognized...
  5. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...: When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence When you turn on the laptop, it appears in the sentence - connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not recognized...
  6. connection failed by gpsvc service. the universally unique identifier uuid type is not...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?: i have my unique identifier on my account from my company on Subscriptions thare are several apllication include win 10/11 enterprise. can i upgrade my windows using my account?...
  8. can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?

can i upgrade my laptop using my unique identifier?: i have my unique identifier on my account from my company on Subscriptions thare are several apllication include win 10/11 enterprise. can i upgrade my windows using my account?...
  9. The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported

in Windows 10 News
    The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported: [ATTACH]Upon attempting to sign into a system that has the image (physical or virtual), […] This article The universal unique identifier (UUID) type is not supported first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Other than hardwareID, any other property to uniquely identify device drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Other than hardwareID, any other property to uniquely identify device drivers: Hi, Like hardware id where we can identify the device driver is there any other property where we can identify the device and its drivers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/other-than-hardwareid-any-other-property-to/805afd68-bcff-442b-bf7c-0fb03a29e993