Windows 10: How can I get a word count for a document?

Discus and support How can I get a word count for a document? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I get a word count for a document?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by CarolLayman, Feb 6, 2019.

1. How can I get a word count for a document?

How can I get a word count for a document?

:)

CarolLayman, Feb 6, 2019

2. Word Count Column in File Explorer

I work primarily with RTF documents. I came across the option in Windows File Explorer to add a "Word Count" column to the File Explorer display. The "Word Count" does display but it gives no count for any of the documents listed in the File Explorer.
    From top to bottom no word count is displayed for any file created in any of the word processors I use. To date my search on the internet has not found a solution to the lack of word counts.

NeilShephard, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Nath Bea Win User
    Wrong "remove from list" document on word mobile.

Hi,

To further assist you with your concern about re-enabling files that were removed from the Recent Documents List in Word, we suggest to follow this steps:

• Click the FILE tab in the program.
    • Click Options from the list on the left side of the screen.
    • On the Word Options dialog box, click Advanced in the list of options on the left.
    • On the Advanced screen, scroll down to the Display section. Select the value in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box. You can choose to change the value to 0 to disable the list.
    • When you open Word, or select the Open option in the program, there are no documents in your Recent Documents list.
    • To re-enable the list, go back into the Word Options dialog box and enter the desired value (from 0 to 50, inclusive) in the Show this number of Recent Documents edit box on the Advanced screen. If any documents were previously displayed in the Recent Documents
      list, they are added to the list again.

We're just here if you have further questions.

Regards.

Nath Bea, Feb 6, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

dalchina, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I get a word count for a document? - Similar Threads - word count document

2. How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I replace numbers with document names in Word?: My document have numbers instead of my file names. I want to replace the numbers with my file names. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-replace-numbers-with-document-names-in/5db0b361-f567-47bd-a1d4-677d2a1eeb81
  3. How can I export to Excel the names and page counts of Word documents in a very large sized...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I export to Excel the names and page counts of Word documents in a very large sized...: I need to capture the page count of all of the Word documents within a folder. I was able to add page count within the folder. I have copied the path and pasted it to Google chrome to get a list of the Word document names which I then copy/paste to Excel. Unfortunately, for...
  4. Word Count

in Windows 10 Customization
    Word Count: How to find continuous word count in Windows 10. It used to show up at bottom left of screen, now it is nowhere. I'm not looking for total words in doc, just as I type. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/word-count/eb04c654-a4d8-4210-8129-25c5faf64a9b
  5. How do I get Windows to give a Word Count for all files?

How do I get Windows to give a Word Count for all files?: I have noticed this before, and have a screenshot below. I have Windows 10 set to give me a word count in Explorer. It does so around 1/3 of the time. Is there a reason why it doesn't do it for all the files? Most of these are .docx files. [IMG]...
  6. Can I convert existing paper word document into electronic word document?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can I convert existing paper word document into electronic word document?: I have a paper word doc that I need to work with. Is there a way to convert it into an electronic format without starting from scratch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-convert-existing-paper-word-document-into/dc962fa3-fba2-4fa3-9ac1-8c3f40409494
  7. getting a word count for multiple word docs

getting a word count for multiple word docs: Hi All, I am writing a book and now have 240 mini-chapters done, I think about two volumes worth. I can get the file explorer to show the word count for each of them but I can't find how to get a tally for all chapters together. I'm not married to doing this through file...
  8. how can I get a word count?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can I get a word count?: How can I get a word count? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-a-word-count/75bd1ca9-101c-4f71-977b-520e2617d5a0
  9. where can i access the word count

in Cortana
    where can i access the word count: please could you tell me where to find 'word count' on documents? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-can-i-access-the-word-count/ecefd0bd-8664-410f-a244-5a771c5ac4b7"
  10. how get my documents into Microsoft Word.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how get my documents into Microsoft Word.: I have just transitioned from Windows 7 32bit to Windows 764bit and now I have Windows 10 64 up and running. I need to install all my .doc files (my documents) to Microsoft Word so that I can read them. I can read all the file names but unable to read any text so I presume...