Windows 10: How can I get Administrator access? Only user on PC yet in Control Panel it shows many

Discus and support How can I get Administrator access? Only user on PC yet in Control Panel it shows many in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have spent the last day trying to move files and can't I always get an error " sorry you need admin access" yet I am the only user and only person... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bfallona, Feb 4, 2019.

1. bfallona Win User

How can I get Administrator access? Only user on PC yet in Control Panel it shows many

I have spent the last day trying to move files and can't I always get an error " sorry you need admin access" yet I am the only user and only person signed in as Admin. I have right clicked on Explorer and chose run as Admin but nope still got error. Should I delete all the User Accounts but one?

:)

bfallona, Feb 4, 2019

2. Unable to Access Control Panel in Windows 10

Hi Don,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issue accessing the Control Panel, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • What exactly happens when you press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel?

Step 1: I suggest you to log-out from the current user account, restart the computer, try to log-in to the same user account and check if the issue persists.

Step 2: Also, I suggest you to place the computer in Safe mode, try to access Control Panel and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 4, 2019
  3. control panel problems

Hi Fernando,

With regard to your query, we suggest that you try to create a new temporary administrator account and see if the issue persist.

Creating a new administrator account will help us to isolate the issue and to determine if the account itself is causing the issue accessing the control panel.

Follow the steps below to create a new user account in Windows 10:

• Select the Start Windows logo Start button button, then select
      Settings Gear-shaped Settings icon > Accounts
      > Family & other people > Add someone else to this PC.
    • Enter a user name, password, password hint, and then select Next.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Feb 4, 2019
  4. angus Win User

How can I get Administrator access? Only user on PC yet in Control Panel it shows many

Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I get Administrator access? Only user on PC yet in Control Panel it shows many - Similar Threads - Administrator access user

2. how can i disable only some pages in control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i disable only some pages in control panel?: i can disable pages in control panel with gpe if i have the canonical name. but how can i disable this page "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections"? you can also access the page from settings network & internet/Status and the change adapted options buttoni...
  3. how can i disable only some pages in control panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i disable only some pages in control panel?: i can disable pages in control panel with gpe if i have the canonical name. but how can i disable this page "Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections"? you can also access the page from settings network & internet/Status and the change adapted options buttoni...
  4. how can i disable only some pages in control panel?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. how to get to the control panel?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get to the control panel?: how to get to the control panel? In win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-to-the-control-panel/dc20a7ef-c660-47e9-ad54-e041ba75d186
  6. how to get to the control panel?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to get to the control panel?: how to get to the control panel? In win 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-to-the-control-panel/dc20a7ef-c660-47e9-ad54-e041ba75d186
  7. I am the administrator and I cannot access control panel settings like user account control...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am the administrator and I cannot access control panel settings like user account control...: Windows 10, fresh install, I am administrator, no other accounts. I cannot access disk partitioning, user account controls, and probably much more because I apparently don't have control over the computer I paid for with the operating system I paid for. Everything worked...
  8. User shows at login but not in control panel/user settings

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User shows at login but not in control panel/user settings: I have a user that is like a duplicate of my user account it happened awhile back after a windows update where it showed up but cannot be logged into like its a broken copy of my account it shows as the default user to log in so I have to choose my real working user each time...
  9. Administrator user access control

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Administrator user access control: While trying to install a software I was blocked and told to communicate wioth the Administrator of the laptop, I am the administrator of this laptop yet I have no access. I also tried logging into my microsfot account via User Access Control and it says the account does not...
  10. only speakers show in control panel not audio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    only speakers show in control panel not audio: only speakers show in control panel not audio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-speakers-show-in-control-panel-not-audio/7710eeac-6476-4824-8aa5-7cfcc0071808