Windows 10: How can I get apps to open from the search bar

Discus and support How can I get apps to open from the search bar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have games on my desktop that I downloaded from Steam or Epic Games and when I click the windows button and search the game they don't come up. Some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jamesscardino1, Jan 27, 2022.

1. How can I get apps to open from the search bar

I have games on my desktop that I downloaded from Steam or Epic Games and when I click the windows button and search the game they don't come up. Some games do work when I search it and it says app but most of them do not. Maybe I am missing something If I can have some help that would be nice thanks.

:)

jamesscardino1, Jan 27, 2022
  2. duckvenom Win User

Cortana/search bar not opening

I'm unsure how to bring up the command prompt without the search. I do not see the CMD option in complete list and of course the search bar is what we're troubleshooting.

duckvenom, Jan 27, 2022
  3. Search Bar/Cortana

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description, I understand that you are still receiving the pop up notifications, despite having disabled the search functionality in windows 10.

Steps to disable the Search Bar

• Right click on the task bar.
    • Select the "Search" option.
    • Select "Disable."
    However, if the above steps don't work out, perform the below suggested steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Open a CMD window started as Administrator.

Repair corruption: Dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth.

Run this command next: Sfc /scannow

Now run these two commands:

PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 27, 2022
  4. Brink Win User

How can I get apps to open from the search bar

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How can I get apps to open from the search bar :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jan 27, 2022
Thema:

How can I get apps to open from the search bar

1. How can I get apps to open from the search bar - Similar Threads - apps open search

2. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can open settings or search bar: i updated my windows quality two windows 10 22h2 and when it got done downloading.i restarted my pc and my settings stopped working everytime opened them it would like crash and then my search bar stopped working i cant type anything or click on it.i have tried two do sfc...
  3. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can open settings or search bar: i updated my windows quality two windows 10 22h2 and when it got done downloading.i restarted my pc and my settings stopped working everytime opened them it would like crash and then my search bar stopped working i cant type anything or click on it.i have tried two do sfc...
  4. can open settings or search bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I sometimes get the app icon in the search bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I sometimes get the app icon in the search bar: [IMG] I sometimes get the app icon in the search bar, any ideas how to fix this? I don't want to be a Windows 11 beta tester and reinstall Windows submitted by /u/Awkward-Skill-6029 [link] [comments]...
  6. How can I get apps to open from the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get apps to open from the search bar: I have games on my desktop that I downloaded from Steam or Epic Games and when I click the windows button and search the game they don't come up. Some games do work when I search it and it says app but most of them do not. Maybe I am missing something If I can have some help...
  7. How can I get apps to open from the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get apps to open from the search bar: I have games on my desktop that I downloaded from Steam or Epic Games and when I click the windows button and search the game they don't come up. Some games do work when I search it and it says app but most of them do not. Maybe I am missing something If I can have some help...
  8. How can I get into my search Bar?

How can I get into my search Bar?: I need help ,I can't get into ,y search bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-into-my-search-bar/f8f509bf-4faf-4723-8099-14c4fe3ca570
  9. Can't open search bar apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't open search bar apps: When I search an app through search bar it doesn't open any apps and it doesn't even show the icons and it just shows a black box. The weird thing is that I can open google chrome easily submitted by /u/big4hed92 [link] [comments]...
  10. How can I fix the search bar.

How can I fix the search bar.: I would like to rid myself of this hideous search window that opens up and get the cortana one back. It was much nicer and more low profile. This new one has features that I don't need or want....