Windows 10: How can I get back my Windows 10 after hard disk crash

Discus and support How can I get back my Windows 10 after hard disk crash in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, The hard disk of my Lenovo laptop crashed and I had to change it. How do I get back the Windows 10 OS that came with the laptop? Kindly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MinaWhyte, Apr 18, 2021.

1. MinaWhyte Win User

How can I get back my Windows 10 after hard disk crash

Hello,

The hard disk of my Lenovo laptop crashed and I had to change it.

How do I get back the Windows 10 OS that came with the laptop? Kindly help with simple to follow steps.

Thanks.

:)

MinaWhyte, Apr 18, 2021

2. No drive found on my internal hard disk on Dell Latitude E5430.

Hello,My laptop (Dell Latitude E5430) was working perfectly till yesterday. But yesterday night, it restarted on its own and ever since, it's stuck at this screen:

How can I get back my Windows 10 after hard disk crash [​IMG]

Also, inside the BIOS, no UEFI bootable hard disk drive is being listed.

The UEFI flash disk option shown above is that of my bootable pen drive with Windows 10 installation copy.I googled this issue a bit and the results were as follows:
    1. one thread suggested that I should run Dell's internal diagnostics to see if there anything wrong with hard disk. I did that but every component, including the hard disk one, passed these internal test.
    2. a second thread suggested that I should try to remove and reseat the hard disk. I did that following Dell's user manual.
    3. another thread suggested that I should reinstall my windows 10 afresh. But when I try to do so, the windows installation wizard doesn't list any drive in the hard disk. It's as if it doesn't detect hard disk at all.
    In a nutshell, while the hard disk is being detected, but none of its drives is. However, the hard disk consisted of 3 drives:
    1. C: with the windows' and applications' installations,
    2. D: with all of my data,
    3. E: which was recovery drive.
    Any troubleshooting suggestions?I'm sorry I am not able to help you guys with any logs and stuff because I don't know how to get them when I can't get my Windows to boot. I'm not even sure if this is the correct section where I should be posting this thread.. I'm just so confused right now. *cry

A few weeks ago, I had upgraded (not fresh installation) from windows 10 version 1607 to 20H2. The version 1607 installation was a clean one (from scratch, after formatting the hard disk and creating new partitions).

Ten64BitUser, Apr 18, 2021
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 18, 2021
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Hard disk partition not showing up.

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This can happen if the Hard-disk drivers are not up-to date. I would suggest you to update the hard disk drivers first. To update the drivers, please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Then Expand “Disk drives”.
    3. Then Right click on the Hard-disk listed under this category.
    4. Then click on Update drivers.
    5. Alternatively you can also try to update the drivers from manufacturer’s website.

Once the hard-disk drivers are updated, you will need to allocate the last partition (it is not allocated according to the screenshot) and you will be able to view the partition.

Also note that sometimes the hard disk partitions/drives might be hidden in This PC or My Computer window due to a Registry key. If a DWORD with the name NoViewOnDrive or NoDrives is present under following key in Registry Editor:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Policies\Explorer

Delete the DWORD and your drives will become visible in My Computer window.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Apr 18, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I get back my Windows 10 after hard disk crash - Similar Threads - hard disk crash

2. Getting back to Windows 10 after hard drive crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Getting back to Windows 10 after hard drive crash: My computer came with Windows 7 installed. My copy of the Windows 7 from HP is damaged. A fresh Windows 7 does not have the drivers needed. It will not talk with the Internet. I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free where all the hardware works. How can I get back to Windows10...
  3. Getting back to Windows 10 after hard drive crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Getting back to Windows 10 after hard drive crash: My computer came with Windows 7 installed. My copy of the Windows 7 from HP is damaged. A fresh Windows 7 does not have the drivers needed. It will not talk with the Internet. I had upgraded to Windows 10 for free where all the hardware works. How can I get back to Windows10...
  4. How to get windows back after hard disk crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get windows back after hard disk crash: I have a asus rog g531gd and my hard disk is crashed I'm thinking of buying a new hard disk and replacing t then how can I get my windows activated windows back ?...
  5. How to get windows back after hard disk crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get windows back after hard disk crash: I have a asus rog g531gd and my hard disk is crashed I'm thinking of buying a new hard disk and replacing t then how can I get my windows activated windows back ?...
  6. How to get windows back after hard disk crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. hard drive crashed how to i get windows back

hard drive crashed how to i get windows back: Hard drive crashed, bought a new drive to replace it do I have to buy Windows 10 again? it was installed on the laptop when I bought it and I don;t know where any of the activation codes are now2.5 years later...
  8. I wiped my hard disk apparently, how do I get windows 10 back?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I wiped my hard disk apparently, how do I get windows 10 back?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lesbiandriver [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gf6exp/i_wiped_my_hard_disk_apparently_how_do_i_get/
  9. My hard drive crashed. How can I get my previously loaded Windows 10 free upgrade back?

My hard drive crashed. How can I get my previously loaded Windows 10 free upgrade back?: I purchased the Dell laptop loaded with Windows 7. I went through the free upgrade to Windows 10. Then my hard drive crashed. Apparently, my new hard drive is loaded with an expiring version of Windows 10. How can I get back my previous free upgrade?? Thanks. "Kathy on...
  10. How can I get back my Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I get back my Windows 10?: I had a laptop with pre-installed Windows 10, free edition, but it broke down. I got a used computer with not activated Windows 10. How can I install Windows that I had on my computer?...