Windows 10: How can I get back to default personalization backgrounds colors, etc.

Discus and support How can I get back to default personalization backgrounds colors, etc. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Somehow I screwed up my entire color scheme through Start/Settings/Home/Personalize. I changed something (possibly by clicking on High Contrast -Black)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfuglein, Apr 4, 2019.

1. cfuglein Win User

How can I get back to default personalization backgrounds colors, etc.

Somehow I screwed up my entire color scheme through Start/Settings/Home/Personalize. I changed something (possibly by clicking on High Contrast -Black) and I couldn't reverse it. Now I've made it worse and most of my Microsoft apps and programs' color schemes are all screwed up.

How can I get back to the default settings for backgrounds and texts and toolbars?

Thanks,
    Carl

:)

cfuglein, Apr 4, 2019

2. Wallpaper (background) color

Hi Aaron,

I realize that the background color changed from blue to black. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Close all open windows, restart the computer once and then login to the computer to check if that helps.

Suggest you to refer to this article to check if that helps.

Change your desktop background and colors: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...6c6/change-your-desktop-background-and-colors

Further you may also want to ensure that default theme is selected. Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + I to get the Settings screen.

• Click Personalization and select Themes.

• Click on Theme Settings to select Windows Default Themes.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 4, 2019
  3. John Vil Win User
    Background Color is black

Hello,

To set the background color of your desktop back to default, kindly follow the steps below:

• Click on the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Personalization and click on Colors.
    • Scroll down to the bottom and click High Contrast Themes.
    • Select None if you want your background to be set to default.

Let is know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Screen background color

Hi,

You can try these steps in changing the
    Background color:

• Go to
      Settings.

• Choose
      Personalization.

• On the left-side of the window, select
      Colors.

• Then
      Choose a Color.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I get back to default personalization backgrounds colors, etc. - Similar Threads - default personalization backgrounds

2. swiitch back to default on colors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    swiitch back to default on colors: i accidentally turn on contrast enhancement, and i see no option to switch to defaults. i tried to restore to original colors and still look the same. please help me...
  3. How i can change the boot background color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How i can change the boot background color: I got a new computer it already had Windows installed and the company that installed my Windows chose black for boot background and I am used from my previous computer to a blue background the color I chose for Windows to use please help me to change the color to blueversion:...
  4. How i can change the boot background color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How i can change the boot background color: I got a new computer it already had Windows installed and the company that installed my Windows chose black for boot background and I am used from my previous computer to a blue background the color I chose for Windows to use please help me to change the color to blueversion:...
  5. How can I get back to Default WinDbg Font?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I get back to Default WinDbg Font?: I changed my WinDbg font in fonts option and now am not able to revert back as the default font has no name . I tried to delete all workspaces and also tried to uninstall and install WinDbg again But am not able to revert back to default WinDbg font which has no name as...
  6. Windows Personalization Back To Default

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Personalization Back To Default: Hi, Someone thought they were doing me a favor by changing my Personalization setting. Is there a way to change my Personalization setting back to the default? I've looked everywhere I can't find a way to do this. Thanks, Paul...
  7. How can I get back to default personalization backgrounds colors, etc.

How can I get back to default personalization backgrounds colors, etc.: Somehow I screwed up my entire color scheme through Start/Settings/Home/Personalize. I changed something (possibly by clicking on High Contrast -Black) and I couldn't reverse it. Now I've made it worse and most of my Microsoft apps and programs' color schemes are all screwed...
  8. how can I change the color of an application background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I change the color of an application background?: I need to change the gray background color in an application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_productivity/how-can-i-change-the-color-of-an-application/a60150b7-2a41-48cd-b193-39fc7fbdf7f4
  9. setting colors back to default

setting colors back to default: In Windows 10, is there a way to set the colors and themes back to default? 113412
  10. Edge default background colors

in Browsers and Email
    Edge default background colors: Is there any way to change the colors of edge other than 'light' (which I have selected) or 'dark'? My favorites bar turns dark/black and I can not even see the favorites I have pinned there. *Shock See pic > [img] 8058