Windows 10: how can I get bitlocked removable driver unlocked without password

Discus and support how can I get bitlocked removable driver unlocked without password in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have secure card as removable drive for Windows 10. and encrypted with Microsoft bitlocker. it's working fine for a while, all sudden, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cynthia Cao, Dec 29, 2022.

1. how can I get bitlocked removable driver unlocked without password

Hello, I have secure card as removable drive for Windows 10. and encrypted with Microsoft bitlocker. it's working fine for a while, all sudden, the system doesn't accept my password. I believe I never change the password. how can I get it unlocked without password.

:)

Cynthia Cao, Dec 29, 2022
  2. Ernie San Win User

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Dec 29, 2022
  3. Viruzz Win User
    HELP: Automatic BitLocker Unlock.

Please help,
    Looking for a way( script or maybe some unknown windows command or registry hack) to automatically unlock a non OS BitLocker encrypted drive on Log-In.

My situation: Right now my OS SSD Samsung 840 Evo has a boot password, its not Bios option nor windows eDrive but the third one, the one you need 3rd party software to activate it, had to purchase EMBASSY Security Center to do it.
    No issues here, the OS drive is locked and encrypted.

One of My HDD Drives is encrypted with Bitlocker, so every time my PC is booted, I need to enter windows log-in password and then open my computer and enter another password to unlock the drive.
    Whats worse is that unlike the SSD that needs unlock password only after full shutdown the Bitlocker needs it every log-in.

Windows has an option to Automaticlly unlock all BitLocker drives on boot, BUT the issue here is that this official option only works if your OS drive is also BitLocker encrypted and then log-in password unlocks everything.

Im looking for maybe a windows Script or some Hidden command to automatically unlock the BitLocker drive.

Even if it Sounds insecure like having the actual password somewhere in the registry, text file or script I dont care because the OS drive is encrypted and passworded.
    Also I have a TPM chip I can encrypt any file/folder so even if file is copied from my PC when its fully unlocked the files wont be readable anywhere unless unencrypted before.

If its important im on 8.1 pro 64bit

P.S. If there is no solution for my problem then my only choice is when windows 10 comes out to do a clean install on another Samsung 840 Evo that was previously cleared and eDrive option enabled

Thanks in advance.

Viruzz, Dec 29, 2022
  4. ARC1020 Win User

how can I get bitlocked removable driver unlocked without password

Bitlocker password 256 characters breaks unlocking

I'm not sure I fully understand, as the link you provided already contains the answer?

So, even if you used 256 characters for the main password, is there a reason you can't use the 48 character Bitlocker recovery key (which is different to the main password) to recover the drive?

You can find a tutorial regarding using the Bitlocker recover key to unlock a drive at the following link:
    http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials...ndows-8-a.html

ARC1020, Dec 29, 2022
Thema:

how can I get bitlocked removable driver unlocked without password

1. how can I get bitlocked removable driver unlocked without password - Similar Threads - bitlocked removable driver

2. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlock-without-using-recovery-key/80a1fa6f-92cc-4b31-934b-30ae6a8e6599
  3. How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock bitlock without using recovery key and password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-unlock-bitlock-without-using-recovery-key/80a1fa6f-92cc-4b31-934b-30ae6a8e6599
  4. How to unlock desktop PC without password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to unlock desktop PC without password?: I am trying to unlock my desktop PC that has not been used for several years. I forgot a password so I'm not able to access my computer.I was looking for a solution online, and found some. I tried to open Command Prompt via "Advanced options" but after I click Command Prompt...
  5. How to unlock desktop PC without password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to unlock desktop PC without password?: I am trying to unlock my desktop PC that has not been used for several years. I forgot a password so I'm not able to access my computer.I was looking for a solution online, and found some. I tried to open Command Prompt via "Advanced options" but after I click Command Prompt...
  6. How to unlock desktop PC without password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  7. how can I get bitlocked removable driver unlocked without password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can I get bitlocked removable driver unlocked without password: Hello, I have secure card as removable drive for Windows 10. and encrypted with Microsoft bitlocker. it's working fine for a while, all sudden, the system doesn't accept my password. I believe I never change the password. how can I get it unlocked without password....
  8. how can I get bitlocked removable driver unlocked without password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I get bitlocked removable driver unlocked without password: Hello, I have secure card as removable drive for Windows 10. and encrypted with Microsoft bitlocker. it's working fine for a while, all sudden, the system doesn't accept my password. I believe I never change the password. how can I get it unlocked without password....
  9. How to get BitLocker password?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get BitLocker password?: So I’m not sure what happened, but when I setup my computer I was under the impression I saved my BitLocker password to my Microsoft account. When I went to key it in this morning, the key for my P.C. along with the key ID weren’t listed under my account (like didn’t show up...
  10. how to unlock bitlocker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to unlock bitlocker: hi, I reinstalled windows 10 pro 64 bit on system. unfortunately, now I can't open one of my drive that was locked by bitlocker. I don't more about cmd and powershell. anyone in the foroum if can guide me to solve my problem. regards...