Windows 10: How can I get Edge to retain one of my passwords that it won't hold?

Discus and support How can I get Edge to retain one of my passwords that it won't hold? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ever since the latest update a few days ago, Edge no longer remembers my eBay password even though in Settings, Advanced Settings, Manage Passwords,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Dutch, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Dutch Win User

How can I get Edge to retain one of my passwords that it won't hold?

Ever since the latest update a few days ago, Edge no longer remembers my eBay password even though in Settings, Advanced Settings, Manage Passwords, "save passwords" is selected, and even though eBay is listed in the saved password list. Each time I login to eBay, I have to again select "save password" but Edge doesn't remember it when I later return to eBay. Edge does remember all my other passwords, except for eBay.
    Has this happened to anyone else, and any suggestions how to fix this?
    Thanks.

:)

Dutch, Aug 21, 2018
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

• Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    • Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    • Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    • Select add someone else on this PC.
    • Enter a user name and hit next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 21, 2018
  4. How can I get Edge to retain one of my passwords that it won't hold?

Trouble with search bar (won´t find data)

Hi Jan,

I Would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Step 1: On the Search bar type “cmd”. Right Click on the Command Prompt option and select Run as Administrator. (If prompted for a password, type the password and click Allow)

Step 2: DISM TOOL

• Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
      and click Enter.
    • Type Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and click Enter.
    For more information about DISM click on the link below:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Hope this helps. Please reply if you have further related issues.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

How can I get Edge to retain one of my passwords that it won't hold?

1. How can I get Edge to retain one of my passwords that it won't hold? - Similar Threads - Edge retain passwords

2. How can I get my computer to hold the resolution on my new Samsung LC49G95TSSNXZA?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get my computer to hold the resolution on my new Samsung LC49G95TSSNXZA?: When my computer gets turned off or goes to sleep, the display resolution on my new Samsung LC49G95TSSNXZA gets all wonky. When I cycle the power on the screen or unplug the displayport cable from the dock, it works properly again. I just want this to turn on correctly after...
  3. How can I get my computer to hold the resolution on my new Samsung LC49G95TSSNXZA?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I get my computer to hold the resolution on my new Samsung LC49G95TSSNXZA?: When my computer gets turned off or goes to sleep, the display resolution on my new Samsung LC49G95TSSNXZA gets all wonky. When I cycle the power on the screen or unplug the displayport cable from the dock, it works properly again. I just want this to turn on correctly after...
  4. how can i get my password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get my password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-password/83a1939e-592b-4715-bd01-0564d0ace270
  5. how can i get my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i get my password: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-password/83a1939e-592b-4715-bd01-0564d0ace270
  6. Edge won't save Passwords.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge won't save Passwords.: Hi all, I prefer using MS Edge to using chrome but because MS Edge will not save passwords I counting to use chrome. I have a laptop and pad both running MS windows 10 and edge and with no problems, it's only my main PC that will not save passwords I have all the same...
  7. How can I find my password to one drive?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I find my password to one drive?: How can I find my password to one drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-find-my-password-to-one-drive/0c79165c-84a6-4cab-957c-e3b5b8af04b4
  8. How can I delete Microsoft One Drive but retain my files and photos?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I delete Microsoft One Drive but retain my files and photos?: I have too many "One Drives" of storage! Google Photos and Google Drive and Google One and Microsoft Drive, etc. How can I delete Microsoft Drive and move its contents into my Google One? Please use simple steps for Windows 10. I am not real computer wise!...
  9. Is there anyway I can get a hold of a copy of my old passwords on microsoft?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is there anyway I can get a hold of a copy of my old passwords on microsoft?: I'm trying to recall my passwords, I've already recovered my account but my windows is on safe boot with networking and can't connect to the internet, the microsoft account there asks for the old password which I don't remember anymore...so I was asking if there's any way I...
  10. How do I get the BCDto retain my defaults, and not Microsoft's

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I get the BCDto retain my defaults, and not Microsoft's: I multiboot. I have no shame. Why is it that Microsoft setup does not respect my BCD preferences and without fail, reverts my bootmenupolicy legacy to effing Standard! In the words of Mr Incredible: " No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to...