Windows 10: how can i get into settings from locked screen

Discus and support how can i get into settings from locked screen in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; screen has message to go and change setting but screen is frozen help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jamesmcfetridge, Feb 4, 2020.

1. how can i get into settings from locked screen

screen has message to go and change setting but screen is frozen help

:)

jamesmcfetridge, Feb 4, 2020

2. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Lock Screen Image Too Big

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue occurs only when the pictures are set from OneDrive?

I suggest you to set the picture for the lock screen using the default lock screen pictures and check whether the issue persist or not, follow the below steps to set the pictures.

• Go to “settings” and click on “personalization”.
    • Under “lock screen” tab, select the option from the drop box as “picture”.
    • Then under “choose your picture” option, click on any picture and go to the lock screen, check whether the issue persists or not.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Feb 4, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

how can i get into settings from locked screen

Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

how can i get into settings from locked screen

1. how can i get into settings from locked screen - Similar Threads - settings locked screen

2. How can i stop my lock screen background from changing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i stop my lock screen background from changing?: My desktop wallpaper is working fine and don't changes but lock screen wallpaper keeps changing. I have selected Picture in persionalisation setting and my remember my prefrence option is off. when i out my laptop to sleep and opens it back it shows the wallpaper i slected...
  3. How can i stop my lock screen background from changing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can i stop my lock screen background from changing?: My desktop wallpaper is working fine and don't changes but lock screen wallpaper keeps changing. I have selected Picture in persionalisation setting and my remember my prefrence option is off. when i out my laptop to sleep and opens it back it shows the wallpaper i slected...
  4. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen: Greetingz and Mornin All; My question is this: Quite a bit I have a lock screen I want to see info like location and description, especially when I like it. Like today I had the lock screen and NONE of the links giving that information were there at all, I tried to get it to...
  5. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen: Greetingz and Mornin All; My question is this: Quite a bit I have a lock screen I want to see info like location and description, especially when I like it. Like today I had the lock screen and NONE of the links giving that information were there at all, I tried to get it to...
  6. How to get lock screen info if info is not on lock screen

7. How can I disable the lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable the lock screen: How do I disable the lock screen so that I never have to put in a password or PIN again? I do not have a Webcam or fingerprint scanner so I don't want any security measures at all. I just want to continue where I left off without having to log in again. I live alone so...
  8. How can I disable the lock screen

How can I disable the lock screen: How do I disable the lock screen so that I never have to put in a password or PIN again? I do not have a Webcam or fingerprint scanner so I don't want any security measures at all. I just want to continue where I left off without having to log in again. I live alone so...
  9. How Can I get my Desktop Screen to be the same as Lock Sreeen

in Windows 10 Customization
    How Can I get my Desktop Screen to be the same as Lock Sreeen: HiI am puzzled, I am trying to get my lock screen to be the same as desktop background but when I try to set the lock screen the default blue screen with the window in it is not an option.Where can I find it?RegardsDesmond...
  10. How can I set the lock screen wallpaper on Win10 Pro domain PCs?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set the lock screen wallpaper on Win10 Pro domain PCs?: With the release of 1607 (Anniversary Update) we can no longer set the default lock screen image on our domain-joined Win10 Pro PCs via GPO. Is there a location in the registry that can be used to set this to a custom corporate wallpaper instead of the ever-changing Microsoft...