Windows 10: How can I get it to stop forcing me to do Windows 10 updates on my Computer?

Discus and support How can I get it to stop forcing me to do Windows 10 updates on my Computer? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Every time I turn around, I get this 'nagging' thing in my Notifications Center (Or whatever you call it) trying to get me to allow them to do another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ClaudiaThompson, Jul 14, 2018.

1. How can I get it to stop forcing me to do Windows 10 updates on my Computer?

Every time I turn around, I get this 'nagging' thing in my Notifications Center (Or whatever you call it) trying to get me to allow them to do another update for 'improvements' onto my computer. But honestly, every time they do this, something new doesn't work any longer on my computer right afterwards.

One time they did these updates and my Volume Control stopped working, then my videos on YouTube started turning into just a black rectangle and I couldn't even watch them any longer, then this time my keyboard has started skipping letters. This is a brand new Lenova computer and a brand new HP keyboard that was working just fine before they did this update.

Is there any way that I can make them stop bothering me to do these updates? Because every time they to, to be honest I am thinking to myself, "Please no, not again!" and I start wondering and bracing myself for what is going to stop working this time around.

And if there IS a way to stop having these updates, would it cause any new problems on my computer? I have to wonder, is this some sort of 'testing' thing where they are just doing it for a different reason? Like Google Canary or something?

:)

ClaudiaThompson, Jul 14, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 forced download

I actually had a client call yesterday with an email problem. when I tried walking him through some steps, he says "Yeah, I don't see that there, but I think it's because it's updated to windows 10. It did that a few weeks ago. I came back in on Monday, and it said Welcome to Windows 10"..... I think I'd throw the computer out the window.

Ahhzz, Jul 14, 2018
  3. m4gicfour Win User

^This, then reboot and go to manually update windows. Find KB3035583 in the list of available updates, right-click and "Hide this update" so it doesn't get installed again next go around.

m4gicfour, Jul 14, 2018
  4. How can I get it to stop forcing me to do Windows 10 updates on my Computer?

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

How can I get it to stop forcing me to do Windows 10 updates on my Computer?

1. How can I get it to stop forcing me to do Windows 10 updates on my Computer? - Similar Threads - stop forcing updates

2. How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?: Certain random days after booting up my windows PC used for Gaming and Rending Art which is my own build and isn't owned by Microsoft, that is , it isnt Microsoft Hardware like Surface etc.. A white nag screen since I have my Windows in dark mode comes blasting at me in my...
  3. How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Microsoft forcing me to log-in computer with micorosft account on Windows 11 ?: Certain random days after booting up my windows PC used for Gaming and Rending Art which is my own build and isn't owned by Microsoft, that is , it isnt Microsoft Hardware like Surface etc.. A white nag screen since I have my Windows in dark mode comes blasting at me in my...
  4. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???: For some reason my computer decided to download the 21H2 Update which I DID NOT WANT ! , it is now wanting to restart to finish installing , how to I stop it from completing the update and how do I prevent it from installing EVER ??? , it was only sitting there and allowing...
  5. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???: For some reason my computer decided to download the 21H2 Update which I DID NOT WANT ! , it is now wanting to restart to finish installing , how to I stop it from completing the update and how do I prevent it from installing EVER ??? , it was only sitting there and allowing...
  6. Forced Update 21H2 , How do I stop it ???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows is forcing me to update to 2004, how do I stop this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is forcing me to update to 2004, how do I stop this?: I am currently on 1903, I know support is going to end soon so I wanted to try to update to 1909 since it is not that big of a change. However, Windows is forcing me to download and install version 2004. Is there anyway I can get rid of the download and make it download 1909...
  8. My computer is forcing an update on me

My computer is forcing an update on me: Yesterday I was prompted to do a windows update by my computer, so i installed the update and then after the update all my games were running at 0 fps in comparison to the usual 20 - 30. so i uninstalled the update and evrything was fine again. But today when i tried to...
  9. How can i stop windows updats being forced ? It's there a virus my surface and it stops it...

How can i stop windows updats being forced ? It's there a virus my surface and it stops it...: Can I please stop windows updates ? Almost every times it's forced me to update it takes about an hour and then I have to go back to the previous version because it ruins the apps on the surface from working properly. for example, Photoshop goes unusably slow and the surface...
  10. Can I STOP Forced Update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I STOP Forced Update?: Before you say I should read the tutorials, I already did. *Wink I have made the changes to only notify me of updates...like the Tuesday ones. It does do this, but I wait a few days to download and install them to be sure there are no issues reported. Here is what happens...