Windows 10: How Can I get macros to work in Excel and Word

Discus and support How Can I get macros to work in Excel and Word in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm using personal individual Office 365 and every time I try to create a macro, the application closes. What setting changes do I need to make so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by krisjones4, Apr 18, 2019.

1. How Can I get macros to work in Excel and Word

I'm using personal individual Office 365 and every time I try to create a macro, the application closes. What setting changes do I need to make so that macros will work?

:)

krisjones4, Apr 18, 2019
  2. Nit_93 Win User

excel to word conversion using macro

Hi Microsoft

I need to know how to convert an excel sheet in a workbook to a word document using macros

Nit_93, Apr 18, 2019
  3. Saxon Win User
    Problem with Excel macro to open Word files

I am having a problem with an Excel macro which opens Word files. The macro opens the files OK but sometimes the file is not visible; instead, it is hidden in the window behind the Excel Workbook and the Word icon on the taskbar flashes to show that the file is open. I want the Word file to appear visible on-screen automatically without my having to click on the taskbar.

The relevant part of the macro is:

Set objWord = CreateObject("Word.Application")
    With objWord
    .Documents.Open DocsFullPath(i)
    .Visible = True
    .Activate
    .Application.WindowState = 1
    .ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.Zoom.Percentage = 100
    End With
    GoTo Finish

Can anyone help me resolve this? It's been driving me mad!

Saxon, Apr 18, 2019
  4. How Can I get macros to work in Excel and Word

Ez Macros or any other Macro program

Hi Brian,

The issue is quite unclear and too broad for us to distinguish the main reason why you are having challenges/issues in Macro. To have a better understanding of your concern, we'd like to ask you some questions:

• Are you referring on using macros on Excel? If yes, what is the version of your Office?
    • What exact application are you using when using macros? Where did you download it?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Did you receive any error message?

Your response will be much appreciated.

Johann Eva, Apr 18, 2019
Thema:

How Can I get macros to work in Excel and Word

1. How Can I get macros to work in Excel and Word - Similar Threads - macros Excel Word

2. Defender - excel macro exception

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender - excel macro exception: Hello,how can be possible to create in Windows Defender an exception for directory with all sub directories, where can be stored xlsx files which can contain macro and will be macros predefined enabled for rest directories must be macro predefined disabled and can be manualy...
  3. HOW TO CREATE WORKING MACRO BUTTONS ON YOUR HOME DESKTOP AND NOT ON EXCEL

in Windows 10 Customization
    HOW TO CREATE WORKING MACRO BUTTONS ON YOUR HOME DESKTOP AND NOT ON EXCEL: Hi How can I make my own macro buttons that will be placed on my own desktop that will act as shortcuts for folders and apps. I want to create macros that will reduce the amount of clicks that it takes to find a specific file or folder and open things immediate. I don't...
  4. Excel macro, if Excel gets the focus.?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Excel macro, if Excel gets the focus.?: So I want the macro to start immediately when I switch to Excel from another application with <alt>+<tab>. Excel-Makro, wenn Excel den Focus bekommt.?
  5. how to get licsense of microsoft word excel

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get licsense of microsoft word excel: Please help me how can i get liscense for microsoft in windows 10 . Is it necesaary to purchase https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-licsense-of-microsoft-word-excel/79a16241-4a66-4a8f-a42c-4c4fc8e37b8f
  6. Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Macros Crashing Upon Create in Word and Excel: Every time I hit Create when trying to create a macro in Excel or Word, the application crashing. It just closes. Sometimes it'll reopen and sometime it won't. I've tried every setting possible in order to fix but nothing works. I tried customer support about 50 times...
  7. Problem with Excel macro to open Word files

Problem with Excel macro to open Word files: I am having a problem with an Excel macro which opens Word files. The macro opens the files OK but sometimes the file is not visible; instead, it is hidden in the window behind the Excel Workbook and the Word icon on the taskbar flashes to show that the file is open. I want...
  8. Problem with Excel macro to open Word files

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with Excel macro to open Word files: I am having a problem with an Excel macro which opens Word files. The macro opens the files OK but sometimes the file is not visible; instead, it is hidden in the window behind the Excel Workbook and the Word icon on the taskbar flashes to show that the file is open. I want...
  9. Add a shortcut to an Excel Macro

Add a shortcut to an Excel Macro: W10 and Excel. I have several macros in my personal.xls all activated from a customized ribbon or Quick Access. I would like to add a KB shortcut to 2 of them. I know I should have done that when I created them but I did not realize then how helpful it would have been My bad...
  10. IS THERE A WORKING SMARTPEN FOR EXCEL OR WORD ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    IS THERE A WORKING SMARTPEN FOR EXCEL OR WORD ?: Livescribe 3 smartpen AP-701 DIGITAL PEN FROM ANOTO NEO SMART PEN Is there a pen dat realy works wit Word or Excel ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/is-there-a-working-smartpen-for-excel-or-word/40d8cb30-f6f6-43c2-83e0-dbba6a6c3bd5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get macros to work in word