Windows 10: How can I get Microsoft to add MS-certified printer drivers to the update catalog ?

Discus and support How can I get Microsoft to add MS-certified printer drivers to the update catalog ? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am a printer driver developer and have tested and certified several drivers in the last three years that do not appear in the Windows Update Catalog.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BerndWegener, Jun 15, 2020.

1. How can I get Microsoft to add MS-certified printer drivers to the update catalog ?

I am a printer driver developer and have tested and certified several drivers in the last three years that do not appear in the Windows Update Catalog. Older printer drivers up to 2017 do appear.

What crieria must be fulfilled to get Win10 certified prnter drivers into the update catalog ?

:)

BerndWegener, Jun 15, 2020
  2. JohnD Win User

Adding unlisted printer to the Win10 list

!'m not sure how I did it but all seems well now. It was something like Deacon suggested plus a re-boot or two. It's now listed as a printer, not as unspecified.

How can I get Microsoft to add MS-certified printer drivers to the update catalog ? [​IMG]

Update the list still doesn't work.

Thanks for your support.

PS MS's Update catalogue is very useful. E.g. Microsoft Update Catalog

JohnD, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Windows 10 update cause printer problem with: "Printer not activated - Error - 20"

Hi John,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the printer after the Windows Update, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • How is the printer connected to the computer, locally or through network?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue?

I suggest you to try the below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update the drivers for printer and check.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Locate and expand Print queue.

• Right-click on the printer driver
      that is listed and click Update driver software.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the printer troubleshooter from
    Fix printer problems
    and then check if this fixes the issue.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 15, 2020
  4. How can I get Microsoft to add MS-certified printer drivers to the update catalog ?

MS Update Catalog

Hello Adjetovenaar,

I'm Independent Advisor and Microsoft MVP, here to help you with your question.

Check the following step-by-step guide to download updates using Update Catalog:

https://www.kapilarya.com/manually-download-and...

Let us know if this helps!

Note: Included link in this reply refers to blog post by a trusted Microsoft MVP.

Kapil Arya [Directly], Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

How can I get Microsoft to add MS-certified printer drivers to the update catalog ?

1. How can I get Microsoft to add MS-certified printer drivers to the update catalog ? - Similar Threads - Microsoft add certified

2. How to schedule a Microsoft certified educator test

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to schedule a Microsoft certified educator test: I am trying to take the test to become a Microsoft certified educator and when I try to schedule an exam the only testing center that comes up is for Liberty University. I live in Michigan. How can I schedule a test near me or take it online?...
  3. Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Update Catalog: In the Microsoft Update Catalog you used to be able to enter 2022-11 to get all the Windows updates for the year and month. Now the same search returns over 1000 results, including drivers, etc. Been broken like this for over 3 months. When will this be fixed??...
  4. Microsoft Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Update Catalog: In the Microsoft Update Catalog you used to be able to enter 2022-11 to get all the Windows updates for the year and month. Now the same search returns over 1000 results, including drivers, etc. Been broken like this for over 3 months. When will this be fixed??...
  5. missing updates on MS Update Catalog

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing updates on MS Update Catalog: Hello,It seems like some Windows 2016 server 1607 cumulative updates are missing. I am looking for Sep 2020 KB4577015 but cannot find it. I can see June 2020 and November 2020 but July, August and Sept are not there. Maybe I need to search in a different way? Please...
  6. MS Updates Catalog Not Updating ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS Updates Catalog Not Updating ?: Hello,Once a day I visit the "MS Update Catalog" if there is / are new updates for my system. (Auto update is turned off).I enter in the search box 1903 x64 which is my system. For almost two weeks there were no new updates (even today 16-Jul).From your site, in the "News"...
  7. MS Updates Catalog Not Updating ?

in Windows 10 Support
    MS Updates Catalog Not Updating ?: Hello,Once a day I visit the "MS Update Catalog" if there is / are new updates for my system. (Auto update is turned off).I enter in the search box 1903 x64 which is my system. For almost two weeks there were no new updates (even today 16-Jul).From your site, in the "News"...
  8. MS Update Catalog

MS Update Catalog: I read that you can download updates from Microsoft Update Catalog, for instance to add to an WDS installation. But how? If I search for Windows 10 1809, I see a lot of entries, do I need to download them all separately? I see some people mention a basket or so. I don't see...
  9. Error on Microsoft Update Catalog

Error on Microsoft Update Catalog: I just download windows update catalog for 86x-based on KB4457128 (OS Build 17134.285). But when I try to install it, installation fails and dialog box says some updates were not install. I have run windows troubleshooter and restarted my pc but nothing seems to work. What...
  10. How to install a new driver downloaded from Microsoft Update catalog ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to install a new driver downloaded from Microsoft Update catalog ?: As I encounter problems with my Lan driver Realtek and Windows 10 Pro 64, somone on the forum said me to download the last version from Microsoft update catalog which seems the good one. So I downloaded the driver but it is a .cab file. When I unpacked the files I obtain...