Windows 10: How can I get more options on the tooltips hover?

Discus and support How can I get more options on the tooltips hover? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello! My other computer when I hover over a document, the tooltips window pops up and it shows the document dimensions as well as ICC profiles. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BeccaChampagne, Jul 29, 2019.

1. How can I get more options on the tooltips hover?

Hello!

My other computer when I hover over a document, the tooltips window pops up and it shows the document dimensions as well as ICC profiles. How can I get that option on my current computer? Thanks!

- Becca

:)

BeccaChampagne, Jul 29, 2019
  2. 83n38 Win User

Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

For some reason tooltip/hover text and some other text (often for settings) is highlighted pink. This is shown in the screenshot. I believe in previous versions of windows you could change this in "advanced apperance options" however that was removed in windows 8 and 10 (I think). I would like to change the pink highlight to the default white (no highlight).

How can I get more options on the tooltips hover? [​IMG]

Thanks How can I get more options on the tooltips hover? :)

83n38, Jul 29, 2019
  3. Tooltip Duration

I am not sure I am using the correct terminology but in my words I need to lengthen the duration that tooltips are shown. What I call a tooltip is those little prompts that show up when we hover over things. Such as in a Files Explorer search results and
    we want to see the entire path. For me I see the tooltip flash very quickly and then go away. This happens in many places for me in Windows. I assume that I changed a configuration setting in Windows but I forget what and I can't find it.

I have searched for answers. When I use Microsoft's assistant to get help the only suggestions are programmer suggestions such as toolTip.
    I am a programmer but I am not looking for a programming solution. If this is a configuration problem then I probably just need to know what term(s) I need to look for.

Simple Samples, Jul 29, 2019
  4. 83n38 Win User

How can I get more options on the tooltips hover?

Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

It looks like the RGB value that my computer has set should be similar to R: 253, G: 0, B: 249.
    In the "Colors" directory of regedit there's no value that looks as if it has been set to the hot pink colour. Interestingly the hot pink highlight also shows up for some text in regedit:

How can I get more options on the tooltips hover? [​IMG]

Note: the pink highlight doesn't occur when I actually highlight things. It doesn't disapear when I highlight things either. It just shows up by default on certain bits of text, most commonly settings tabs (File, Edit, Tools, View, etc.) in most programs and hover/tooltip text on things - e.g. Hovering over a text document on my desktop will tell me the Type, Size, and Date modified but all this information has this strange pink highlight.

Because of this I'm not sure which value to change as Hilight seems to be set to the default blue, could you suggest a directory where I might find the correct value to change?

Thanks How can I get more options on the tooltips hover? :)

83n38, Jul 29, 2019
Thema:

How can I get more options on the tooltips hover?

1. How can I get more options on the tooltips hover? - Similar Threads - more options tooltips

2. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover: I'm running Windows 10 and while working this evening, the tooltips somehow turned on. I've been able to disable them within Windows Explorer, but hovering on the start menu shows "Start", every single button in Lightroom wants to immediately give me a popup telling me what...
  3. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover: I'm running Windows 10 and while working this evening, the tooltips somehow turned on. I've been able to disable them within Windows Explorer, but hovering on the start menu shows "Start", every single button in Lightroom wants to immediately give me a popup telling me what...
  4. Windows 10 Tooltips suddenly appearing everwhere I hover

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to get more options in microphone format settings?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get more options in microphone format settings?: So I recently got a P47 wireless headset with mic but when I recorded using the mic, the audio was so bad. So then I located to system > sound and then my microphones properties then in the input settings I saw that in the format tab the only option it had was "1 channels,...
  6. How to get more options in microphone format settings?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get more options in microphone format settings?: So I recently got a P47 wireless headset with mic but when I recorded using the mic, the audio was so bad. So then I located to system > sound and then my microphones properties then in the input settings I saw that in the format tab the only option it had was "1 channels,...
  7. How to get more system restore option?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get more system restore option?: I mentioned yesterday regarding an issue im having with audio after windows 10 2004 version update posted here https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6aq0q/windows_10_update_version_2004_caused_volume_to/ so i decided to try and system restore to undo that update. but...
  8. How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS!

How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS!: I am annoyed at the taskbar tooltips. I pinned things there, i know what it is, stop reminding me. What makes it worse is that you can hover over it for a fraction of a second, but it displays the title for four seconds. You see, i am using a modeling software that has...
  9. Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text

Strange pink highlight on hover/tooltip text: For some reason tooltip/hover text and some other text (often for settings) is highlighted pink. This is shown in the screenshot. I believe in previous versions of windows you could change this in "advanced apperance options" however that was removed in windows 8 and 10 (I...
  10. tooltips for videos... can i change them?

in Windows 10 Support
    tooltips for videos... can i change them?: hi... does anyone know what controls the tooltips for files and videos? for mp4 it shows the size and the length and whether it's available offline for webm and flash it shows the size and the date and i'd like to make them all the same... i tried looking for it in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. make windows 10 show more on hover tooltip