Windows 10: How can I get my Wi-Fi driver back

Discus and support How can I get my Wi-Fi driver back in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; It is missing from my network adapters the computer is a Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew Ort, Nov 24, 2022.

1. How can I get my Wi-Fi driver back

It is missing from my network adapters the computer is a Windows 10

:)

Andrew Ort, Nov 24, 2022

2. Wi-Fi errors (Windows 10)

I'm currently troubleshooting a HP laptop (HP G62-a10SQ to be more specific). The problem is that it doesn't want to connect to any Wi-Fi network. It leaves me with the generic error "Can't connect to this network." I've tried these steps so far

• Restarting the computer
    • Flushing DNS
    • Releasing and renewing the ipconfig
    • Uninstalling the driver
    • Reinstalling the driver
    • Reseating the Wi-FI module
    • Checking Windows Update for any drivers
    • Updating the driver in Device Manager
    • Temporarily removing my Wi-Fi encryption
    • Trying to connect to a different Wi-Fi network outside of my network
    • Probably more troubleshooting steps I can't remember atm (I will edit the post if I remember anything)

DoNotSpamPls, Nov 24, 2022
  3. Windows 10 and no wi-fi

Hi Joachim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 24, 2022
  4. How can I get my Wi-Fi driver back

wi fi not working on windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Method 2: The issue may occur if the drivers for Wi-fi are not installed or updated. I suggest you to install/update the latest version for Wi-fi drivers by following the steps below.

• Press ‘windows key + R’ and type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press Enter.
    • Expand ‘Network adapter’ and right click on Wi-fi driver and select update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 24, 2022
Thema:

How can I get my Wi-Fi driver back

1. How can I get my Wi-Fi driver back - Similar Threads - driver

2. program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys: Im running Window 11 now on my azus zen book. I receive a message saying, "program compatibility assistant. A drivre cannot load on this debice. Driver ibtavflt.sys security setting is preventing this driver from loading. You'll need to adjust your settings to load this...
  3. program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    program compatibility assistant. Driver ibtavflt.sys: Im running Window 11 now on my azus zen book. I receive a message saying, "program compatibility assistant. A drivre cannot load on this debice. Driver ibtavflt.sys security setting is preventing this driver from loading. You'll need to adjust your settings to load this...
  4. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  5. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?: I have a Dell Optiplex 380, and I just installed a new Acer 202Q monitor. The resolution showing is 1024 x 768. The resolution on the monitor shows it goes up to 1600 x 900. I downloaded the Acer driver file, which consists of a .cat, .icm, and .inf file. When I went to the...
  6. How to get Windows 10 to recognize a new monitor driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...: Hi, I was hoping to see if anyone has had any luck scripting the assignment of a specific driver to a device? I've tried using pnputil to install the driver, it gets added to the store but the device does not automatically pick it up. If I do this manually in device manager...
  8. Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...

Is there a way to script a device to use a specific driver, even if its not marked as...: Hi, I was hoping to see if anyone has had any luck scripting the assignment of a specific driver to a device? I've tried using pnputil to install the driver, it gets added to the store but the device does not automatically pick it up. If I do this manually in device manager...
  9. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...
  10. Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop

Enabling driver verifier causes BSOD boot loop: I have a sneaking suspicion that one or some of my drivers are acting up. I tried turning on driver verifier on all non-microsoft drivers, which caused a BSOD loop irql-not-less-or-equal. I have tried:- checking device manager for erroring drivers- DISM- Turned off all...