Windows 10: How can I get out of repair loop

Discus and support How can I get out of repair loop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am currently running windows 10. I tried to restore my computer to a previous restore date for another problem and that's when the issues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Gokings1, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Gokings1 Win User

How can I get out of repair loop

Hello, I am currently running windows 10. I tried to restore my computer to a previous restore date for another problem and that's when the issues started. Now my PC is stuck in repair mode. It starts by "preparing automatic repair" and then moves to "diagnosing" but then it says "PC did not start correctly with 2 options, 1: restart which just causes a continuous loop or 2: advanced options. When clicking advanced options, I try to run the "troubleshoot" option which takes me to the next menu. I cannot run the "reset this PC" option as it is saying "I need to log in as administrator, but ther

:)

Gokings1, Apr 24, 2024

2. Automatic Repair Loop

Hi Charlene,

Your concern regarding the device going into an Automatic Repair Loop can be caused by change on its settings/configuration or broken system files. To effectively assist you with your concern, can confirm if you've made any changes on your device prior to
    your concern?

As an initial step to get back into the normal Windows screen, we suggest that you perform a
    Startup repair. The repair will attempt to fix any broken components/files which may prevent your device from booting properly. To do this, follow the steps below:

• On theAutomatic Repair screen, select Advanced options.
    • Select Troubleshoot.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Select Startup Repair.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Apr 24, 2024
  3. David Haz Win User
    Windows 10 Repair Boot Loop

Hi Jed,

If your computer is stuck in a boot-loop state of Windows, it could mean that automatic repair isn't able to repair a corrupted or broken system file, but attempts to repair it over and over again. For us to assist you properly in resolving this boot-loop
    state, kindly respond to the questions below:

• Did the issue occur even after removing the USB wireless mouse?
    • Aside from running DISM, what other troubleshooting steps have you done? This is for us to know and to avoid any duplication of efforts on your end.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Apr 24, 2024
  4. larry Win User

larry, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

1. How can I get out of repair loop - Similar Threads - repair loop

2. Windows 11 Automatic Repair Loop / Stop Code NTFS_File_system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Automatic Repair Loop / Stop Code NTFS_File_system: My computer randomly crashed today, and when I turned it back on, it went in to the Automatic Repair loop. Occasionally I get a blue screen that says “Stop code: NTFS_ FILE_SYSTEM” I tried the start up repair, shutting down, and resetting the PC with no luck. It also doesn’t...
  3. Windows 11 Automatic Repair Loop / Stop Code NTFS_File_system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Automatic Repair Loop / Stop Code NTFS_File_system: My computer randomly crashed today, and when I turned it back on, it went in to the Automatic Repair loop. Occasionally I get a blue screen that says “Stop code: NTFS_ FILE_SYSTEM” I tried the start up repair, shutting down, and resetting the PC with no luck. It also doesn’t...
  4. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: Not my PC, so I'm not sure what led to this. Startup repair says "couldn't repair your PC". Log file is empty.System restore, system image recovery and uninstall updates can't do anything.Total windows installations: 0.diskpart shows no volumes or disks besides the usb I...
  5. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop: Not my PC, so I'm not sure what led to this. Startup repair says "couldn't repair your PC". Log file is empty.System restore, system image recovery and uninstall updates can't do anything.Total windows installations: 0.diskpart shows no volumes or disks besides the usb I...
  6. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Automatic repair loop or Windows outage

Automatic repair loop or Windows outage: On wednesday i booted up my pc and my screen was blank when i logged in so i restarted and it wasnt allowing me to log in it kept on saying something like windows didnt load properly but now when i turn on my pc takes me to a blue screen which says automatic repair didnt work...
  8. Automatic repair loop or Windows outage

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic repair loop or Windows outage: On wednesday i booted up my pc and my screen was blank when i logged in so i restarted and it wasnt allowing me to log in it kept on saying something like windows didnt load properly but now when i turn on my pc takes me to a blue screen which says automatic repair didnt work...
  9. Automatic repair loop or Windows outage

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Stuck in infinite windows repair loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in infinite windows repair loop: So basically my computer seems to be stuck in an infinite loop where it's supposedly diagnosing my pc, prepairing automatic repair and then it says i can restart my pc or check out "advanced options"I've tried turning secure boot off in the bios and then restarting it, if...