Windows 10: how can I get past initial Windows 10 login password?

Discus and support how can I get past initial Windows 10 login password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; forgot initial login password to my Lenovo laptop with Microsoft Win10. How can I get past initial login to reset password?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by rwcantu, Oct 21, 2019.

1. rwcantu Win User

how can I get past initial Windows 10 login password?

forgot initial login password to my Lenovo laptop with Microsoft Win10. How can I get past initial login to reset password?

:)

rwcantu, Oct 21, 2019

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Oct 21, 2019
  3. GarCooper Win User
    Getting "the username or password is incorrect try again" with initial login.

Getting "the username or password is incorrect try again" with initial login.

Dell Notebook I have been getting the error, "the username or password is incorrect try again" with initial login.
    This began when still running Windows 7. I hoped it would go away when I recently converted to Win 10 but it didn’t.
    When I restart, the Computer Management Event Viewer lists service control manager errors 7001, 7009, and 7031.
    Did web searches on these errors. Following the things suggested for 7001, I have verified that all the services listed are running.
    7009 refers to timeout errors. The 30 second default for timeout seems OK and there must be some other problem.
    So far, haven’t found anything for 7031 that seems related to the subject problem.
    Attached is a screen shot of a list of all the user accounts for the PC.
    The dates modified are all for the day I converted to Win 10 or after.
    The problem existed previously when I was running Win 7.
    Searching on the subject error msg. only gives discussions on how to eliminate the startup password requirement.
    That’s bad but may indicate the problem is somehow related to not requiring a password since I turned it off at some time before the problem occurred.
    Everyone with the problem wants to have the requirement off.

I haven’t tried changing account names, adding an account, etc. because the PC works fine other than the message (well, it does freeze every couple weeks) I’m afraid that such changes might make it unusable.

However, the problem now prevents me from setting up a network for win 10, so I would like to clear it up.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Original title: Initial Logon Error

GarCooper, Oct 21, 2019
  4. how can I get past initial Windows 10 login password?

How do you opt out of the W8.1 password login?

I just set up a laptop for a friend by DLing ALL the W8 updates, and then installing the 8.1 free update, but it makes you choose a password login. In searching I've found a way to turn that off by unchecking the password option in the user account settings, and it now bypasses it on restart and initial bootup, but it doesn't completely remove this annoying feature. Any time the clock/screensaver kicks in, it still asks for a password.

Does anyone know how to completely bypass the password login option for W8.1?

Frag Maniac, Oct 21, 2019
Thema:

how can I get past initial Windows 10 login password?

1. how can I get past initial Windows 10 login password? - Similar Threads - past initial login

2. How do I get past the password in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get past the password in windows 11: I recently got a used think pad laptop. Installed Windows 11. Lost my login info. Any work around on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-past-the-password-in-windows-11/34171ed8-ddb6-4932-8514-fbd6cdcc1a1b
  3. How do I get past the password in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get past the password in windows 11: I recently got a used think pad laptop. Installed Windows 11. Lost my login info. Any work around on this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-past-the-password-in-windows-11/34171ed8-ddb6-4932-8514-fbd6cdcc1a1b
  4. how do i get past the login screen if I don't have the email password or pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do i get past the login screen if I don't have the email password or pin: I have tried to get through by using the command prompt but have no luck with that. I have tried several different things trying to get into my computer. I bought it for my daughter to use with her school account. She has since passed away and I have no passwords or pin to...
  5. how do i get past the login screen if I don't have the email password or pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i get past the login screen if I don't have the email password or pin: I have tried to get through by using the command prompt but have no luck with that. I have tried several different things trying to get into my computer. I bought it for my daughter to use with her school account. She has since passed away and I have no passwords or pin to...
  6. how do i get past the login screen if I don't have the email password or pin

7. How do I get past the defaultuser0 at initial setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get past the defaultuser0 at initial setup: Hi,I just got a new mini PC with windows 11 preinstalled. At my initial set up It displayed the ‘defaultuser0’ with a section for password. I have not been able to move past this screen. What can I do to remove and complete my set up...
  8. How do I get past the defaultuser0 at initial setup

How do I get past the defaultuser0 at initial setup: Hi,I just got a new mini PC with windows 11 preinstalled. At my initial set up It displayed the ‘defaultuser0’ with a section for password. I have not been able to move past this screen. What can I do to remove and complete my set up...
  9. How to copy/paste password to login into MSA?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to copy/paste password to login into MSA?: Windows does not let me. I guess it is a stupid security feature preventing malware from harvesting password, forcing people to use weak password, like paypal did in the past? So shall I use a dumb password or can I use a strong one and copy/paste it?...
  10. How to get past windows login screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get past windows login screen?: father in law set up login but doesn't know password so it keeps coming up with windows screen but cannot get past the password screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-past-windows-login-screen/81b31037-4659-440e-bc99-679300c8e398