Windows 10: How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

Discus and support How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello 1. How do I get Window10's File Explorer to show a preview of PDF files in the right hand pane? It just says "No preview available", whereas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Mar 22, 2021.

1. ship69 Win User

How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

Hello

1. How do I get Window10's File Explorer to show a preview of PDF files in the right hand pane?
    It just says "No preview available", whereas previews are visible for all my other types of file (e.g. .JPG and .XLSX etc)

2. Also in my Outlook ("for Microseoft 365 MSO (16.0.13801.20240) 32 bit" ) when I open an email that has PDFs attached to it, it just stays:
    "This file cannot be previewed because there is no preview installed for it"

I have tried installing and re-installing Adobe Acrobat DC (64 bit).
    I then tried both SumatraPDF 64bit and SumatraPDF 32 bit.

This is driving me nuts!

J

:)

ship69, Mar 22, 2021

2. File explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I followed all the instructions listed at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...howing-in-windows-10-file/2d46bdd4-e463-421d- bd1c-6811b6dc9b58 and yet there is no pdf
    preview in the file explorer. In the past I had a preview of pdf files in the file explorer. So I ask, is it because of the latest windows updates, I do not have a preview of pdf files now?

Gad Feldan, Mar 22, 2021
  3. pdf preview in Windows 10 file explorer

I have been using "preview pane" in file explorer forever. However, for some unknown reason, the preview pane for pdf files have become very small, to the point where the pdf file preview pane is too small and unreadable. preview pane for all other files
    appears to be ok (large enough as before). this is only affecting pdf files.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe reader.

I am looking for suggestions to get back to where the preview pane of pdf files is as large as before

StephenKlotz, Mar 22, 2021
  4. How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

File explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents

Yes. More than that, I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I followed all the instructions listed at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...howing-in-windows-10-file/2d46bdd4-e463-421d- bd1c-6811b6dc9b58 and
    yet there is no pdf preview in the file explorer. In the past I had a preview of pdf files in the file explorer. So I ask, is it because of the latest windows updates, I do not have a preview of pdf files now?

Gad Feldan, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

1. How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook? - Similar Threads - PDF files preview

2. How to get PDF preview working in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to get PDF preview working in Windows 10 File Explorer: Since the last Windows 10 update Jan 16 PDF file Previews don't show in File Explorer Preview Pane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-pdf-preview-working-in-windows-10-file/d05e31d2-b912-42cd-9465-0176d3b85c8c
  3. How to get PDF preview working in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get PDF preview working in Windows 10 File Explorer: Since the last Windows 10 update Jan 16 PDF file Previews don't show in File Explorer Preview Pane https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-pdf-preview-working-in-windows-10-file/d05e31d2-b912-42cd-9465-0176d3b85c8c
  4. How to get PDF preview working in Windows 10 File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can i change the PDF previewer in preview pane in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i change the PDF previewer in preview pane in file explorer?: I have a problem with the PDF preview pane Opened by Microsoft Edge WebView2; I see this program is presented when I select the file. The Microsoft Edge WebView2 is a prolonged response in the preview pane. So.....How can i change the Microsoft Edge WebView2 to Foxit Reader...
  6. How can i change the PDF previewer in preview pane in file explorer?

How can i change the PDF previewer in preview pane in file explorer?: I have a problem with the PDF preview pane Opened by Microsoft Edge WebView2; I see this program is presented when I select the file. The Microsoft Edge WebView2 is a prolonged response in the preview pane. So.....How can i change the Microsoft Edge WebView2 to Foxit Reader...
  7. How can i change the PDF previewer in preview pane in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.: Hi.I have Foxit PDF Editor on my computer.Every time I restart my computer, I can´t preview pdf in Outlook.The only way to solve to follow the information in this topic: File preview not working when file is renamed - Microsoft CommunityIt works until I restart my computer...
  9. Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.

Can´t preview pdf in Outlook.: Hi.I have Foxit PDF Editor on my computer.Every time I restart my computer, I can´t preview pdf in Outlook.The only way to solve to follow the information in this topic: File preview not working when file is renamed - Microsoft CommunityIt works until I restart my computer...
  10. In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files?

in Windows 10 Support
    In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files?: Hello How do I get Windows Explorer's preview (on the right hand side of the screen) to work with PDF files? I tried opening Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and selecting: Edit ==> Preferences ==> General ==> Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer but that didn't work....