Windows 10: How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

Discus and support How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello 1. How do I get Window10's File Explorer to show a preview of PDF files in the right hand pane? It just says "No preview available", whereas... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ship69, Mar 22, 2021.

1. ship69 Win User

How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

Hello

1. How do I get Window10's File Explorer to show a preview of PDF files in the right hand pane?
    It just says "No preview available", whereas previews are visible for all my other types of file (e.g. .JPG and .XLSX etc)

2. Also in my Outlook ("for Microseoft 365 MSO (16.0.13801.20240) 32 bit" ) when I open an email that has PDFs attached to it, it just stays:
    "This file cannot be previewed because there is no preview installed for it"

I have tried installing and re-installing Adobe Acrobat DC (64 bit).
    I then tried both SumatraPDF 64bit and SumatraPDF 32 bit.

This is driving me nuts!

J

:)

ship69, Mar 22, 2021

2. File explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I followed all the instructions listed at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...howing-in-windows-10-file/2d46bdd4-e463-421d- bd1c-6811b6dc9b58 and yet there is no pdf
    preview in the file explorer. In the past I had a preview of pdf files in the file explorer. So I ask, is it because of the latest windows updates, I do not have a preview of pdf files now?

Gad Feldan, Mar 22, 2021
  3. pdf preview in Windows 10 file explorer

I have been using "preview pane" in file explorer forever. However, for some unknown reason, the preview pane for pdf files have become very small, to the point where the pdf file preview pane is too small and unreadable. preview pane for all other files
    appears to be ok (large enough as before). this is only affecting pdf files.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Adobe reader.

I am looking for suggestions to get back to where the preview pane of pdf files is as large as before

StephenKlotz, Mar 22, 2021
  4. How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

File explorer in windows 10 does not preview pdf documents

Yes. More than that, I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. I followed all the instructions listed at https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...howing-in-windows-10-file/2d46bdd4-e463-421d- bd1c-6811b6dc9b58 and
    yet there is no pdf preview in the file explorer. In the past I had a preview of pdf files in the file explorer. So I ask, is it because of the latest windows updates, I do not have a preview of pdf files now?

Gad Feldan, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook?

1. How can I get .PDF files to preview in Windows Explorer & Outlook? - Similar Threads - PDF files preview

2. Preview PDF (Chrome) in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Preview PDF (Chrome) in File Explorer?: My Windows 10 computer is fairly new to me; doesn't have a lot of extraneous applications. It uses Chrome to open PDFs; so the icon next to my documents is the Chrome circle when I'm in File Explorer. Within File Explorer, with the Preview Pane as my View choice, I'm not...
  3. In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files?

in Windows 10 Support
    In Windows Explorer, how do I get the preview to work with PDF files?: Hello How do I get Windows Explorer's preview (on the right hand side of the screen) to work with PDF files? I tried opening Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and selecting: Edit ==> Preferences ==> General ==> Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer but that didn't work....
  4. PDF Preview in Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PDF Preview in Explorer: Having just done a clean install I'm quite pleased with the PDF viewer built into Edge, so will not be installing my usual PDF reader. However there is no preview in Explorer. I normally install Foxit to get the preview component. Is there anyway to get a PDF preview in...
  5. how can I print a pdf file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I print a pdf file: How can I print a pdf file? It keeps asking for a password. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-print-a-pdf-file/3d9c9cb4-09d0-4cac-bb46-44f7d6a13772"
  6. Preview pdf in Windows 10S file explorer

Preview pdf in Windows 10S file explorer: Is there any way to preview pdf's in Windows 10S file explorer? Thanks. Tracy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-pdf-in-windows-10s-file-explorer/98d9c409-9d81-45da-803c-49d24e4d751f"
  7. PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane

PDF file previews on MS-File Explorer preview pane: After an automatic Windows 10 update on Nov-14-2018 under KB4465663 and KB4467702, WIndows 10 MS-File Explorer is very sluggish and unable to show and .pdf previews, in the preview pane. Any solutions?...
  8. how can i get the preview pane inWindows 10 Explorer to display .pdf files?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i get the preview pane inWindows 10 Explorer to display .pdf files?: When I select a file in Windows 10 Explorer, most files will display a preview in the preview pane. However .pdf files apparently cannot be previewed. Is there a solution?...
  9. File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer not previewing .docx files or .xlsx will preview txt pdf: Lately (I don't know how long, just noticed recently) Win 10 File Explorer won't show a preview of .docx or xlsx files. I have found a weird workaround: Open File Explorer, Highlight (click on) the file I want to preview. Nothing but a ding sound indicating a little window...
  10. file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane

in Windows 10 Support
    file explorer windows 10 pdf preview pane: can anyone help me in windows 7, I was able to to go into file explorer and would be able to see the document in the preview pane using PDF viewer Plus. Now I am unable to see anything. I cant seem to see any way to configure the file explorer to see any pdf files. Word files...