Windows 10: How can I get PhoneLink app to open a hyperlink?

Discus and support How can I get PhoneLink app to open a hyperlink? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I recently upgraded to Win11 Pro. When using PhoneLink app, while in 'Messages', the hyperlink no longer opens a browser window. I have done a 'repair'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by EricS_77, Aug 19, 2022.

1. EricS_77 Win User

How can I get PhoneLink app to open a hyperlink?

I recently upgraded to Win11 Pro. When using PhoneLink app, while in 'Messages', the hyperlink no longer opens a browser window. I have done a 'repair' / 'reset', uninstalled / reinstalled both PC and phone apps. Rebooted. Still can't do it. The selection 'finger' highlights the link, but does not open a browser window. I use FireFox as my default browser. Link opens when accessing from my phone. Is there a certain file type that has to be associated with the hyperlink? What might I try next?

:)

EricS_77, Aug 19, 2022

2. windows 10 hyperlink opening

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• Do you have Internet Explorer set as a default program?
    • Do you face the issue only with the hyperlinks from an email?
    • On which email application do you face this issue?

We would suggest you to copy the hyperlink or use an hyperlink from a wordpad and check if you face the same issue.

Get back to us with the details to further assist you.

Ravinath P, Aug 19, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How can I get PhoneLink app to open a hyperlink? :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 mail hyperlinks

Hi,

Since the option above did not work, we suggest resetting the Mail application by following the steps below:

• Click Settings and choose System.
    • Click on Apps & features, scroll down at the right side and choose
      Mail and Calendar.
    • Click Advance options then click Reset tab (A check mark will show up when reset is done.).
    • Open Mail app, sign-in on your account and check if you will be able to click on the hyperlinks.

NOTE: Resetting it might delete the data/appointments that you have on the Calendar. We suggest performing a back up before resetting it.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

1. How can I get PhoneLink app to open a hyperlink? - Similar Threads - PhoneLink app open

2. Blocked PhoneLink app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocked PhoneLink app: Someone on this network used App Control Policies in a GPO to block the Appx PhoneLink app. I've removed that GPO and specifically allowed PhoneLink in the ACP/Appx Rules to be run by everyone. I've enforced both the Rule and the GPO, but users continue to get this:Any...
  3. Blocked PhoneLink app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocked PhoneLink app: Someone on this network used App Control Policies in a GPO to block the Appx PhoneLink app. I've removed that GPO and specifically allowed PhoneLink in the ACP/Appx Rules to be run by everyone. I've enforced both the Rule and the GPO, but users continue to get this:Any...
  4. How can I get PhoneLink app to open a hyperlink?

How can I get PhoneLink app to open a hyperlink?: I recently upgraded to Win11 Pro. When using PhoneLink app, while in 'Messages', the hyperlink no longer opens a browser window. I have done a 'repair' / 'reset', uninstalled / reinstalled both PC and phone apps. Rebooted. Still can't do it. The selection 'finger' highlights...
  5. How can I get apps to open from the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get apps to open from the search bar: I have games on my desktop that I downloaded from Steam or Epic Games and when I click the windows button and search the game they don't come up. Some games do work when I search it and it says app but most of them do not. Maybe I am missing something If I can have some help...
  6. How can I get apps to open from the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get apps to open from the search bar: I have games on my desktop that I downloaded from Steam or Epic Games and when I click the windows button and search the game they don't come up. Some games do work when I search it and it says app but most of them do not. Maybe I am missing something If I can have some help...
  7. How can I get apps to open from the search bar

8. how can i get cortana to open and close apps

in Cortana
    how can i get cortana to open and close apps: is cortana capable off informing me if I have a security issue and what else can she do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-cortana-to-open-and-close-apps/a280d424-86c9-4dec-8fa1-699018b3bff8"
  9. calculator - how can I get it on opening

in Windows 10 Customization
    calculator - how can I get it on opening: I can t find 'calculator in my 'start' menu how can I get it there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/calculator-how-can-i-get-it-on-opening/df60ead5-4c40-4bf5-bcbf-ed5d886dd152
  10. Hyperlinks in outlook will not open

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyperlinks in outlook will not open: There seem to be many posts with problems in this area, but I have not seen an answer that I can understand and which seems to address my particular problem. i am using Windows 10 with Outlook 2013 and Firefox as my web browser. When i try to open hyperlinks I receive the...