Windows 10: How can I get rid of an unwanted display of PC performance info on my Windows 10 desktop??

Discus and support How can I get rid of an unwanted display of PC performance info on my Windows 10 desktop?? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Thanks in advance for any solutions you have for this. If someone can tell me what the name of it is, I can probably find it in task manager and end... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdamAbdelnoor, Jun 23, 2024.

1. How can I get rid of an unwanted display of PC performance info on my Windows 10 desktop??

Thanks in advance for any solutions you have for this. If someone can tell me what the name of it is, I can probably find it in task manager and end it. I have a very weird thing on my desktop running Windows 10. In the top right hand corner of the screen a black box has appeared, showing FPS N/A, Frame time N/A, 99th%FPS N/A, GPU UTIL 0%, GPU PWR 3W, GPU TEMP 40 degC, CPU UTIL 9%. This started two days ago. I have tried restarting my PC but it hasn't fixed it.There are no controls on the box - I cant close, expand,or otherwise do anything with it. Can anyone tell me what I need

:)

AdamAbdelnoor, Jun 23, 2024
  2. Try3 Win User

Unwanted links to display info -bottom right of screen

How can I get rid of an unwanted display of PC performance info on my Windows 10 desktop?? 388498d1680617509t-unwanted-links-display-info-bottom-right-screen-links-display-items..jpg
    Everybody has those icons in the bottom-right of a File explorer window. Saints' post #12 appears to explain how you can see these icons on the Desktop and how to undo them - right-click on the Desktop [even in its current strange appearance] and select any of the icon views]. My Desktop does nothing in response to the suggested Ctrl-Shift-6 keys. I rewrote this post after seeing Saints' post #12 Denis

3. pepanee Win User
    Unwanted links to display info -bottom right of screen

I'm using an alternate, 3rd party, Status Bar. Look what happens when I check that checkbox from the picture above:
    How can I get rid of an unwanted display of PC performance info on my Windows 10 desktop?? 388515d1680627882t-unwanted-links-display-info-bottom-right-screen-image.png
    Look at the bottom of this window. The two icons show up after I did the checkbox. I highly suggest the thread starter try my suggestion from my previous post. Edit (10:14 AM my local time): Disabling those two links will also make the total number of items, listed on the left, to disappear too. Judesman, you are not used to looking at that number on the left side, right? If you do want to see that number, and disable the two links, then you'd have to do a modification kinda similar to what my Explorer windows look like. I can assist you with that later if interested.

pepanee, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Ahhzz Win User

How can I get rid of an unwanted display of PC performance info on my Windows 10 desktop??

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

How can I get rid of an unwanted display of PC performance info on my Windows 10 desktop??

1. How can I get rid of an unwanted display of PC performance info on my Windows 10 desktop?? - Similar Threads - rid unwanted display

2. How can I get rid of an unwanted display of PC performance info on my Windows 10 desktop??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of an unwanted display of PC performance info on my Windows 10 desktop??: Thanks in advance for any solutions you have for this. If someone can tell me what the name of it is, I can probably find it in task manager and end it. I have a very weird thing on my desktop running Windows 10. In the top right hand corner of the screen a black box has...
  3. How can I get rid of an unwanted display of PC performance info on my Windows 10 desktop??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of an unwanted display of PC performance info on my Windows 10 desktop??: Thanks in advance for any solutions you have for this. If someone can tell me what the name of it is, I can probably find it in task manager and end it. I have a very weird thing on my desktop running Windows 10. In the top right hand corner of the screen a black box has...
  4. How to get rid of unwanted messages

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of unwanted messages: When I'm working offline, I get these pop up messages "We're having trouble loading your feed". Obviously, whoever 'we' is can't load the feed because I'm not connected to the internet. How do I get rid of these annoying messages when I want to work offline?...
  5. How to get rid of unwanted messages

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of unwanted messages: When I'm working offline, I get these pop up messages "We're having trouble loading your feed". Obviously, whoever 'we' is can't load the feed because I'm not connected to the internet. How do I get rid of these annoying messages when I want to work offline?...
  6. How to get rid of unwanted Input Language

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of unwanted Input Language: In my Language Bar, I have the region in which I live. I do not want this region ISL but I only want to be able to use the keyboard ENG-IS from US region. This last entry has no value for me and actually prevents me from easily toggling between my 2 keyboards.^ Screenshot...
  7. Suggest me how can I get rid of performance issues of my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Suggest me how can I get rid of performance issues of my computer?: Currently I am using windows 10 64 bit on i3 3220 3.30ghz processor with 4gb DDR3 Ram. But when I open two applications at one time computer starts lagging. And computer is working very slow. How can I get rid of it?...
  8. unwanted desktop displays

unwanted desktop displays: I somehow got a bunch of boxes with apps on my desktop that dims the display and takes away everything else on desktop. How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unwanted-desktop-displays/44305eec-71f1-4847-98f3-59ee6c532aad
  9. How to get rid of unwanted languages

How to get rid of unwanted languages: For some reason the keyboard also has the american language installed even though i haven't installed it. <----- The one on the end but I only have English(UK) installed basically, how to get rid of this? Thanks...
  10. How to get rid of unwanted taskbar items?

How to get rid of unwanted taskbar items?: I have found everything but what I am looking for! UNPIN UNWANTED ICONS FROM TASK BAR I just upgraded two systems to Win 10 this weekend but am having trouble finding out how to remove unwanted icons from the task bar. Desktop Downloads Pictures Documents Music...