Windows 10: How can I get rid of annoying Windows 10 Help icon?

Discus and support How can I get rid of annoying Windows 10 Help icon? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, to me, that blue icon in the right corner of File explorer is one of most annoying things in Windows 10. I cant stand it. I click it by error... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by bo elam, Feb 22, 2019.

1. bo elam Win User

How can I get rid of annoying Windows 10 Help icon?

Hi all, to me, that blue icon in the right corner of File explorer is one of most annoying things in Windows 10. I cant stand it. I click it by error way too often, it bothers me to see the Windows Help page open up, not only once, but twice. Once when I click the icon (the Help page opens using Edge), and after next boot, the Help page open up using Firefox (my default browser). I could stand it if it only opened once, when I click it, but doing it after booting the computer, takes the annoyance over the line.

Does anyone know how to get rid of the icon? I read an older thread here at tenforums about this with no solution but perhaps there is one now, or a tutorial. Thanks.

How can I get rid of annoying Windows 10 Help icon? [​IMG]

Bo

:)

bo elam, Feb 22, 2019
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Anyway to get rid of annoying nVidia System Tray icon?

So with the last few nVidia drivers they've added a very annoying System Tray icon that is there when the computer starts. I don't know why, but it bugs the crap out of me.

Now I can stop the "NVIDIA Display Driver Service" service and the icon goes away. Oddly, I can start the service right back up again and the icon doesn't come back.

Now for the mean time I just wrote a bat file that runs at startup to restart the service, which gets rid of the icon, but there has to be a better way. Perhaps some option burried somewhere in the nVidia control panel or something.*Bang Head :banghead:

newtekie1, Feb 22, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Feb 22, 2019
  4. How can I get rid of annoying Windows 10 Help icon?

Windows vista x64 computer icon always changing

what icons are you referring to?
    In the Windows Explorer list or desktop?

twicksisted, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

How can I get rid of annoying Windows 10 Help icon?

1. How can I get rid of annoying Windows 10 Help icon? - Similar Threads - rid annoying Help

2. Can someone help me get rid of this annoying pop-up?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me get rid of this annoying pop-up?: I'm really young so I don't know how to do anything about it, I tried restarting my PC several times but it did not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me-get-rid-of-this-annoying-pop/ad081f92-bbee-468b-b80f-29e39f80e7cf
  3. Can someone help me get rid of this annoying pop-up?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can someone help me get rid of this annoying pop-up?: I'm really young so I don't know how to do anything about it, I tried restarting my PC several times but it did not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me-get-rid-of-this-annoying-pop/ad081f92-bbee-468b-b80f-29e39f80e7cf
  4. Can anyone help me get rid of these annoying screen problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can anyone help me get rid of these annoying screen problems?: Hi, when I switch on my Surface Laptop Go I occasionally get these strange visual effects on my screen see photo. Most of the time it looks like white frosting around the screen, almost like a 10cm white boarder around the bezels. After a while it disappears by itself. Does...
  5. Can anyone help me get rid of these annoying screen problems?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can anyone help me get rid of these annoying screen problems?: Hi, when I switch on my Surface Laptop Go I occasionally get these strange visual effects on my screen see photo. Most of the time it looks like white frosting around the screen, almost like a 10cm white boarder around the bezels. After a while it disappears by itself. Does...
  6. How to get rid of this thing very annoying...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to get rid of this thing very annoying...: [ATTACH]Please help!! I do not want this icon <<<< here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-this-thing-very-annoying/f724e6fb-f676-4d81-b971-db237d193017
  7. How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to get rid of this annoying tray icon?: [ATTACH] The label on the icon is: "Security mode is off." I disabled Defender startup icons but this one still persists. Any ideas? https://preview.redd.it/urnd2q9f60t61.png?width=224&format=png&auto=webp&s=ba5ec75908fa84893a176f88b112aa9b383bc23a submitted by...
  8. how do I get rid of these annoying windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do I get rid of these annoying windows: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Quionn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/efo4e6/how_do_i_get_rid_of_these_annoying_windows/
  9. How can I get rid of the annoying virtual keyboard in Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I get rid of the annoying virtual keyboard in Win10?: since the windows 10 update, there's this annoying virtual keyboard that pops up wherever, from search bars to typing in apps.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-rid-of-the-annoying-virtual-keyboard/9dce81fb-52c1-4496-971f-c48b5ae83af4
  10. How i can get rid of the icon NLD?

in Windows 10 Support
    How i can get rid of the icon NLD?: I have one keyboard in Dutch but I get to see the icon of NLD. I still can choose another keyboard when I click it. How i can get rid of the icon NLD? When i click preferences then is see on language the Dutch languages and no other. [img] 39943