Windows 10: How can I get rid of executing Chkdsk over a disk?

Discus and support How can I get rid of executing Chkdsk over a disk? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Seagate of 3 Tb and after a restart of my Windows 10 Home, it asked my to execute a Chkdsk over it, but I don't want to execute it because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dragon_fighter, Sep 22, 2018.

1. How can I get rid of executing Chkdsk over a disk?

I have a Seagate of 3 Tb and after a restart of my Windows 10 Home, it asked my to execute a Chkdsk over it, but I don't want to execute it because another time I did it and I lost 1.5 Tb from a Western Digital of 2 Tb. It ask me to execute the chkdsk at start up, and when I try to delete a folder I can't. How can I override to execute Chkdsk? Thanks in advance for any reply.

:)

Dragon_fighter, Sep 22, 2018
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Sep 22, 2018
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Sep 22, 2018
  4. A123 Win User

How can I get rid of executing Chkdsk over a disk?

Does executing set disk 3 in Diskpart harm anything?

Does executing set disk 3 in Diskpart harm anything? I opened Diskpart and executed list disks. Next, I executed set disk 3 instead of select disk 3. The pc is running Windows 10 Pro.

Thema:

How can I get rid of executing Chkdsk over a disk?

1. How can I get rid of executing Chkdsk over a disk? - Similar Threads - rid executing Chkdsk

2. how can i get rid of powershell??????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i get rid of powershell??????: how can i get rid of powershell that keeps popping up on my task manager i looked at videos nothing helps can anyone know how to get rid of it? i heard that becouse i turn on and off my computer thats why it maybe shows up any idea? and is it normal to turn my pc on and off...
  3. How can I get rid of the zebra?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of the zebra?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MLudisM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvxp6t/how_can_i_get_rid_of_the_zebra/
  4. How can I get rid of this?

How can I get rid of this?: https://imgur.com/a/0iZvsDT I literally couldn't give less of a fuck about religion. I don't need that shit pushed to me by my OS. This appeared this morning. How can I get rid of it? submitted by /u/BoltCloud [link] [comments]...
  5. How can I get rid of the code over the desktop like this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of the code over the desktop like this?: Hi, This issue occurs right after I turned on the laptop. I have reset twice and same problem remains. Please let me know if anyone knows how to fix this. Thank you so much for your time....
  6. How can I get rid of the code over the desktop like this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of the code over the desktop like this?: Hi, This issue occurs right after I turned on the laptop. I have reset twice and same problem remains. Please let me know if anyone knows how to fix this. Thank you so much for your time....
  7. how can I get rid of "top10answers"?

how can I get rid of "top10answers"?: How can I get rid of "top10answers"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-can-i-get-rid-of-top10answers/b385597a-51f1-4b37-9fb9-7073905fd389
  8. How do I get rid of this uninstall-left-over?

How do I get rid of this uninstall-left-over?: [ATTACH] How do i get rid of this installation-left-over or whatever it is, it is bugging me! I cant uninstall it or modify it... pic1 submitted by /u/whitefx [link] [comments]...
  9. How can I get rid of Cortana?

How can I get rid of Cortana?: I have upgraded to version 2004 and the Cortana window and application is open at all times, asking me to sign in. I have never used Cortana, I never will, and it annoys me that the application is always open, shows up in my task view and consumes my RAM. Is there any way to...
  10. how can i get rid of...

how can i get rid of...: this is in my background as a ghost user, and cannot get rid of it.... it' some kind of SID file.... its using 50% of my memory to run antivirus... S-1-15-3-1024-3153509613-960666767-3724611135-2725662640-12138253-543910227...