Windows 10: How can I get rid of MsMpEng.exe?

Discus and support How can I get rid of MsMpEng.exe? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This occurs on the old laptop, Made several Windows Updates and are on Win 10 Pro Build 1909 now. The Windows Defender Antivirus Service is taking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dyrdin-op, Nov 13, 2019.

1. How can I get rid of MsMpEng.exe?

This occurs on the old laptop, Made several Windows Updates and are on Win 10 Pro Build 1909 now.

The Windows Defender Antivirus Service is taking alot of my RAM, the notebook does have 4GB of RAM which is mostly 80-100% in usage while surfing.

I tried everything to delete or disable this process but I can't get rid of it... If I start Taskmgr as admin and try to close the process it gives me permission error. I also tried it with the hided administrator account but this also failed.

I made several regedit entries also this didn't help.

In services and on the service itself on its properties I can't change anything, and yes services.msc is opened as admin.

Tried so many things over the last few months and can't remember exactly all methods which I tried but i'll remember if anyone mention this method for sure.

If any more informations needed just ask.

Thank you and best regards

submitted by /u/Dyrdin-op
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dyrdin-op, Nov 13, 2019

2. Off the chart (literally!) disk usage

Try the steps found here. And happy birthday!

6a27b4c8-cc35-41ee-877a-d2e6419f87ca, Nov 13, 2019
  3. Sajer Win User
    Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. How can I get rid of MsMpEng.exe? :)

Sajer, Nov 13, 2019
  4. Eric Ber Win User

How can I get rid of MsMpEng.exe?

Can't run .exe file

Hi Phil,

There are several reasons why you are having issues running .exe files on your Windows 10 laptop. To assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your laptop prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • What is the error message that you received when running .exe files?

Regards.

Eric Ber, Nov 13, 2019
Thema:

How can I get rid of MsMpEng.exe?

1. How can I get rid of MsMpEng.exe? - Similar Threads - rid MsMpEng exe

2. how can I get rid of this message?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I get rid of this message?: can I get rid of this message? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-rid-of-this-message/4a2360ca-75bc-4202-821c-f331eee7233d
  3. i removed MsMpEng. how do i get it back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i removed MsMpEng. how do i get it back?: i deleted MsMpEng from D:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.23050.5-0then when i go to Virus and threat protection it Said "threat service has stopped. restart it now."and all my games and app stopped working....
  4. how can i get rid of powershell??????

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i get rid of powershell??????: how can i get rid of powershell that keeps popping up on my task manager i looked at videos nothing helps can anyone know how to get rid of it? i heard that becouse i turn on and off my computer thats why it maybe shows up any idea? and is it normal to turn my pc on and off...
  5. How can I get rid of the zebra?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of the zebra?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MLudisM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvxp6t/how_can_i_get_rid_of_the_zebra/
  6. How can I get rid of this?

How can I get rid of this?: https://imgur.com/a/0iZvsDT I literally couldn't give less of a fuck about religion. I don't need that shit pushed to me by my OS. This appeared this morning. How can I get rid of it? submitted by /u/BoltCloud [link] [comments]...
  7. how can I get rid of "top10answers"?

how can I get rid of "top10answers"?: How can I get rid of "top10answers"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-can-i-get-rid-of-top10answers/b385597a-51f1-4b37-9fb9-7073905fd389
  8. How can I get rid of Cortana?

How can I get rid of Cortana?: I have upgraded to version 2004 and the Cortana window and application is open at all times, asking me to sign in. I have never used Cortana, I never will, and it annoys me that the application is always open, shows up in my task view and consumes my RAM. Is there any way to...
  9. how can i get rid of...

how can i get rid of...: this is in my background as a ghost user, and cannot get rid of it.... it' some kind of SID file.... its using 50% of my memory to run antivirus... S-1-15-3-1024-3153509613-960666767-3724611135-2725662640-12138253-543910227...
  10. cannot get rid of rundll32.exe

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot get rid of rundll32.exe: Hey guys, some rundll32 processes are doing whatever in my computer and this seems to be very important to them, so that I cannot work comfortably. With Autoruns64.exe I could delete some processes(see this post), but some malicious ones are still there. sfc /scannow didnt...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get rid of msmpeng.exe