Windows 10: how can i get rid of powershell??????

Discus and support how can i get rid of powershell?????? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; how can i get rid of powershell that keeps popping up on my task manager i looked at videos nothing helps can anyone know how to get rid of it? i heard... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by OscarG9, Aug 14, 2022.

1. OscarG9 Win User

how can i get rid of powershell??????

how can i get rid of powershell that keeps popping up on my task manager i looked at videos nothing helps can anyone know how to get rid of it? i heard that becouse i turn on and off my computer thats why it maybe shows up any idea? and is it normal to turn my pc on and off when im not using it? also is powershell a virus like why does it show up???

:)

OscarG9, Aug 14, 2022
  2. Kursah Win User

PowerShell instead of Commandline in Creators Update

Interestingly enough my personal laptop just got the update...and still has Command Prompt listed, not PowerShell...

Edit: Not that it matters...I use both regularly. *Toast :toast:

Kursah, Aug 14, 2022
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    PowerShell randomly poping-up in tool bar

Hello,

Just to verify, do you have any scheduled tasks that uses Powershell? Scheduled tasks makes Powershell window appear periodically on your computer, therefore we suggest that you check the Task Scheduler. Here are the steps:

• Click on Start.
    • In the search bar, type Task Scheduler and click on

Task Scheduler
      in the results.
    • Under Active Tasks, check for any tasks that use Powershell and the scheduled time.

If the issue still persist, we suggest that you run a Windows Defender scan to see if it will pick up any malware that the first scan missed.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Aug 14, 2022
  4. KeithM Win User

How to change the WinX menu, including Powershell/Powershell (Admin)

This part intrigues me. As suggested earler, please post a screenshot of the error message. Also, please clarify/test the follwoing:
    1. Can you start PowerShell from the Start Menu?
    2. If you navigate to %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows\WinX\Group3, does PowerShell launch from the shortcuts there?
    3. If #1 works & #2 doesn't, compare (& post) the target text from each shortcuts properties. For the Start Menu shortcut, right-click & select Open file location to navigate to the Start Menu folder.

Keith

KeithM, Aug 14, 2022
Thema:

1. how can i get rid of powershell?????? - Similar Threads - rid powershell

2. How to get rid of transcripting powershell scripts in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of transcripting powershell scripts in windows 10?: I do not need the transcripts of my powershell scripts. Every time when I run a ps1 script, it starts with:"Transcript started, output file is C:\Mysofts\Powershell\PSHistory\WPS_5_console.txt"As I am the admin of this PC, I disabled Windows Powershell transcripting in...
  3. How to get rid of transcripting powershell scripts in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of transcripting powershell scripts in windows 10?: I do not need the transcripts of my powershell scripts. Every time when I run a ps1 script, it starts with:"Transcript started, output file is C:\Mysofts\Powershell\PSHistory\WPS_5_console.txt"As I am the admin of this PC, I disabled Windows Powershell transcripting in...
  4. How to get rid of transcripting powershell scripts in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I get rid of Trojan Virus located in my Powershell Application?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I get rid of Trojan Virus located in my Powershell Application?: I downloaded a link through a gofile website that was linked in another website, and it asked me to unzip the file I downloaded and run the .bat file that was left behind.Upon doing so, my laptop was immediately infected with a Trojan virus, and a hacker gained remote access...
  6. How do I get rid of Trojan Virus located in my Powershell Application?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of Trojan Virus located in my Powershell Application?: I downloaded a link through a gofile website that was linked in another website, and it asked me to unzip the file I downloaded and run the .bat file that was left behind.Upon doing so, my laptop was immediately infected with a Trojan virus, and a hacker gained remote access...
  7. How do I get rid of Trojan Virus located in my Powershell Application?

8. Help me get rid of powershell -inputformat none -outputformat none -noninteractive -command...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help me get rid of powershell -inputformat none -outputformat none -noninteractive -command...: Hello, in my stupidity I executed this command after downloading a not so legal cracked lightroom. It literally blocked windows security so I was forced to get malwarebytes which detected 32 viruses. I quarantined them all, but I'm not sure that's enough since windows...
  9. Help me get rid of powershell -inputformat none -outputformat none -noninteractive -command...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help me get rid of powershell -inputformat none -outputformat none -noninteractive -command...: Hello, in my stupidity I executed this command after downloading a not so legal cracked lightroom. It literally blocked windows security so I was forced to get malwarebytes which detected 32 viruses. I quarantined them all, but I'm not sure that's enough since windows...
  10. Help me get rid of powershell -inputformat none -outputformat none -noninteractive -command...