Windows 10: How can I get rid of the volume banner?

Discus and support How can I get rid of the volume banner? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] This started happening a few updates ago. Whenever I change my volume, the volume bar comes up as usual, obviously, but now there's also a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kiwi-_-bird, Dec 16, 2020.

1. How can I get rid of the volume banner?

How can I get rid of the volume banner? rt8E5MXG3FTIl_9GqzZ0SxXlYEnMHI3ggKJM8FU9MfA.jpg

This started happening a few updates ago. Whenever I change my volume, the volume bar comes up as usual, obviously, but now there's also a banner next to it; in the picture below. It comes up for whatever video is currently playing or whatever video was played last. Even if the tab is closed. I've tried searching up solutions but there's only a solution for Chrome, and I don't think it's the same problem that I have. It does this for whatever browser was opened last, not only Chrome. Plus I normally use Mozilla. I only use Chrome for school. I've tried doing the Chrome solution but that didn't work, as expected. I don't think it has anything to do with browsers. I've tried searching the Windows settings but couldn't find anything. I'm perfectly fine with the volume bar, but is there any way to get rid of the banner next to it, because it's really annoying.

https://preview.redd.it/zypbirto0l5...bp&s=2cbfbc6a94299c649387548ae877eb07909e6b02

submitted by /u/kiwi-_-bird
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kiwi-_-bird, Dec 16, 2020

2. Volume bar banner

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how annoying it can be when you get the Volume bar banner, while playing music/video on Google Chrome.
    To have a clarity on this issue, we need some information.

• Was there a major change or an update on your system, prior to which you weren't facing this issue?
    • Do you receive the same popup when you play music/videos on Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Do you have any extensions enabled in Google Chrome for playing music?
    • Which version of Google Chrome are you using?

However, we suggest you to try this steps and check if you are able to get rid of the banner.

1. Press Windows + I key from the keyboard to open
      Settings.
    2. Then click on Systems. Then select
      Notifications & actions from the left pane.
    3. Then under Get notifications from these senders, toggle the switch for
      Audio to disable the Banner and Sound notifications.
    4. Close all the browser and reopen Google Chrome, to play some
      music/videos.
    5. Check if you get the Volume bar banner back.

As an additional information, please refer the
    Change notification settings in Windows 10
    article.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Volume bar banner

Hi,

I followed the steps suggested by DamianDavis and now the banner is disappeared.

I really appreciate your help, also considering that the issue is due to Chrome and not Microsoft.

Many thanks.

Stefano.

Pedroich94, Dec 16, 2020
  4. How can I get rid of the volume banner?

Disabling the volume control banner on PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to remove the volume control banner on your PC.

This issue started after the latest version of Chrome was released. However, we can disable the banner by changing some settings in Chrome browser. Kindly follow the steps below to fix the issue.

1. Open Google Chrome.
    2. Now type in the following command on the address bar:

chrome://flags/#hardware-media-key-handling
    3. Under Hardware Media Key Handling select the drop down to
      Disabled
    4. Restart Chrome

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

How can I get rid of the volume banner?

1. How can I get rid of the volume banner? - Similar Threads - rid volume banner

2. How can I get rid of the volume slide in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get rid of the volume slide in Windows 11: The volume slide on my laptop won't go away since windows 11 upgrade. It remains stuck in the bottom centre of my screen but doesn't actually work. I have tried some basic fixes like driver updates but there is no change. . What do you suggest...
  3. How can I get rid of the volume slide in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get rid of the volume slide in Windows 11: The volume slide on my laptop won't go away since windows 11 upgrade. It remains stuck in the bottom centre of my screen but doesn't actually work. I have tried some basic fixes like driver updates but there is no change. . What do you suggest...
  4. How can I get rid of the zebra?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of the zebra?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MLudisM [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/uvxp6t/how_can_i_get_rid_of_the_zebra/
  5. How can I get rid of this?

How can I get rid of this?: https://imgur.com/a/0iZvsDT I literally couldn't give less of a fuck about religion. I don't need that shit pushed to me by my OS. This appeared this morning. How can I get rid of it? submitted by /u/BoltCloud [link] [comments]...
  6. does anyone know how to get rid of that google banner?

does anyone know how to get rid of that google banner?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tourtoiselover [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kop114/does_anyone_know_how_to_get_rid_of_that_google/
  7. Cant get rid of this no internet banner!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cant get rid of this no internet banner!: [ATTACH]Cant get rid of this banner at lower right side. the okay button is not resposive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-rid-of-this-no-internet-banner/9f1af3fd-ee7b-45d2-9799-5e0a59d9f2fc
  8. How to get rid of the volume bar at will?

How to get rid of the volume bar at will?: I sometimes accidentally turn the volume up with my extra keys while gaming and it takes forever to fade away. Its normally slightly annoying but I steer the mouse on the UI to close it, but there isnt a close button, so the bar stays even longer to go away (because the mouse...
  9. How can I get rid of Cortana?

How can I get rid of Cortana?: I have upgraded to version 2004 and the Cortana window and application is open at all times, asking me to sign in. I have never used Cortana, I never will, and it annoys me that the application is always open, shows up in my task view and consumes my RAM. Is there any way to...
  10. how can i get rid of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i get rid of...: this is in my background as a ghost user, and cannot get rid of it.... it' some kind of SID file.... its using 50% of my memory to run antivirus... S-1-15-3-1024-3153509613-960666767-3724611135-2725662640-12138253-543910227...