Windows 10: How can I get rid of this "X program is using your microphone" thingy. Thanks in advance

Discus and support How can I get rid of this "X program is using your microphone" thingy. Thanks in advance in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/FroztFair- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hr62ku/how_can_i_get_rid_of_this_x_program_is_using_your/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FroztFair-, Jul 14, 2020.

1. How can I get rid of this "X program is using your microphone" thingy. Thanks in advance

/u/FroztFair-, Jul 14, 2020
  2. ship69 Win User

Is SanPDF spyware? How can I get rid of it completely?

Hello

How can I uninstall SanPDF?
    (From: www.sanpdf.com)

It is still listed when I go into Control Panel ==> Programs and Features ==> Uninstall or change program, yes I can still see it. It looks like this:

How can I get rid of this "X program is using your microphone" thingy. Thanks in advance [​IMG]

BUT when I click on it and select Uninstall, I then get this message in weird (Chinese?) characters.

How can I get rid of this "X program is using your microphone" thingy. Thanks in advance [​IMG]

I am now worried that SanPDF is some hideous form of spyware.

I have even tried Microsoft's Install and Uninstall utility ("MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab") but that can't even see SanPDF.
    I wish the heck I had never installed SanPDF!

Any suggestions?

J

ship69, Jul 14, 2020
  3. How can I get rid of this message

Hi Yoram,

From the screenshot you provided it seems like you are getting this popup while using Edge browser.

I appreciate if you could answer a
    few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Since when are you facing this issue? Have you made any changes to the system prior to this issue?
    • Are you in a Tablet mode?
    • Does this occur only when you use Edge browser?
    As an initial troubleshooting, I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps.

Perform System Restore to the previous point and check.

• Press Windows + I key and click on Update and security.

• Click on Recovery, and click on
      Restart under Advance startup.

• In the Windows Recovery Environment, on the Choose an option screen, click
      'Troubleshoot'.

• Click, Advanced Options and then click on
      System Restore.

• Follow the onscreen suggestion to restore your PC to earlier point.
    Kindly get back to us with the above information and status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How can I get rid of this "X program is using your microphone" thingy. Thanks in advance

Unable to use Microphone on the computer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use Microphone on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with this issue.

However, please let us know:

• Were you able to use Microphone on your computer earlier?
    • What is the make and model of the Microphone that you are using?

Ideally, if we add a new Microphone to the computer, we will need to go through the setup process to use it, let me help you with the steps. I would suggest you to refer the article on
    How to set up and test microphones in Windows 10 and setup
    the Microphone. Once the Microphone is setup, you can start using it.

If you still face issues, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Fix microphone problems
    and see if that helps.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

How can I get rid of this "X program is using your microphone" thingy. Thanks in advance

1. How can I get rid of this "X program is using your microphone" thingy. Thanks in advance - Similar Threads - rid program using

2. How to get rid of red X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of red X: I saw a big red X on some folder i have in the One-Drive, so I thought i needed to get more storage, I did that, moved some folders but the X still did not go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-red-x/f0d4143b-3d02-425b-b9e5-e4ad1a4501b3
  3. How to get rid of red X

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of red X: I saw a big red X on some folder i have in the One-Drive, so I thought i needed to get more storage, I did that, moved some folders but the X still did not go https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-red-x/f0d4143b-3d02-425b-b9e5-e4ad1a4501b3
  4. How do I get the Gaia app on my windows laptop? Thank you in advance for your time.

How do I get the Gaia app on my windows laptop? Thank you in advance for your time.: Hello can someone please tell me if it's possible to get the Gaia app on my Windows laptop? Jennifer Hanson https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-the-gaia-app-on-my-windows-laptop/f2db1664-1483-41a2-b6ed-3e07130916cf
  5. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  6. How to I get rid of this program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to I get rid of this program: I uninstalled this app by deleting its files but now when I go into apps and clicking "Uninstall" it wont work. Its probably because I deleted the apps files and now it wont work because windows probably uses the built in uninstaller from the app....
  7. How to I get rid of this program

8. How can I get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of this?: https://imgur.com/a/0iZvsDT I literally couldn't give less of a fuck about religion. I don't need that shit pushed to me by my OS. This appeared this morning. How can I get rid of it? submitted by /u/BoltCloud [link] [comments]...
  9. Is there a way to get rid of this warning, thanks.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to get rid of this warning, thanks.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Rapid3235 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j83u8a/is_there_a_way_to_get_rid_of_this_warning_thanks/
  10. how can i get rid of...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how can i get rid of...: this is in my background as a ghost user, and cannot get rid of it.... it' some kind of SID file.... its using 50% of my memory to run antivirus... S-1-15-3-1024-3153509613-960666767-3724611135-2725662640-12138253-543910227...