Windows 10: How can I get rid of "Translation Text - English to Russian - On bottom of screen

Discus and support How can I get rid of "Translation Text - English to Russian - On bottom of screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For weeks now I've had the bottom info bar light blue shading showing English to Russian translations. Example: English: "because" - "Russian word".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MSGator, Jun 27, 2020.

1. MSGator Win User

How can I get rid of "Translation Text - English to Russian - On bottom of screen

For weeks now I've had the bottom info bar light blue shading showing English to Russian translations. Example: English: "because" - "Russian word". This window closes if I try to click on it. I have no idea where it came from or what app it might be ... so I can't get rid of it. When I try to print something the text stays in place & ends up on my printout. I've looked for a translation app but can't find one. I'm not sure if this is a window's setting or some other app "hiding in plain sight".

Thanks, any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

MSGator, Jun 27, 2020

2. Translation bug in phone's settings when change phone's language from Russian to English (United States)

Hello,

I'm using WIndows Phone 8.1 and I found a small thing with translation from Russian to English and vice verse.

Pre-conditions:

1. Phone uses Russian language (Settings -> language ->русский).

2. All settings' names and their summaries are translated into Russian.

Steps:

1. Change phone's language in settings (Settings -> language ->English (United States)).

2. Restart phone.

Actual results:

1. Summary for touch menu item (Settings -> touch) isn't translated into English (United States)).

2. Summary for network+ menu item (Settings -> network+) isn't translated into English (United States)).

Additional info:

1. To translate summaries for "touch" and "network+" menus just pick this menu items and they'll be translated into
    English (United States)).

2. If summaries for "touch" and "network+" weren't translated into phone's language (using step 1 from additional info), then the summaries after phone's restart will be changed correctly (into phone's language,
    English (United States) in our case).

3. This case works for translation English(United States) -> Russian and for Russian -> English(United States).

Environment:

Microsoft Lumia 535 DUAL SIM

OS Version: 8.10.14234.375

Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update

AnnaVoitiuk, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Translation bug in phone's settings when change phone's language from Russian to English (United States)

Hello,

I'm using WIndows Phone 8.1. And I found a small thing with translation from Russian to English and vice verse.

Pre-conditions:

1. Phone uses Russian language (Settings -> language ->русский)

2. All settings' names and their summaries are translated into Russian.

Steps:

1. Change phone's language in settings (Settings -> language ->English (United States))

2. Restart phone

Actual results:

1. Summary for touch menu item (Settings -> touch)

2. Summary for network+ menu item (Settings -> network+)

Additional info:

1. To translate summaries for "touch" and "network+" just click on this menu items.

2. If summaries for "touch" and "network+" weren't translated into phone's language (using step 1), then the summaries after phone's restart will be changed correctly (into phone's language).

3. This case works for translation English(United States) -> Russian and for Russian -> English(United States).

Environment:

Microsoft Lumia 535 DUAL SIM

OS Version: 8.10.14234.375

Software: Windows Phone 8.1 Update

AnnaVoitiuk, Jun 27, 2020
  4. How can I get rid of "Translation Text - English to Russian - On bottom of screen

Can I get the text translated in English?

Hello Bernard,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums. I am glad to assist you on this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

1. May I know the application on which you wanted to translate the language?
    2. May I know the language which you have installed your operating system?
    However, you can try below mentioned steps and see if that works.

Through changing key sequence, you are able to change the composite keys to switch input language and keyboard layout. For your better understanding, this text illustrates how to change key sequence on Windows 10 computer.

Steps to change key sequence in Windows 10:

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Tap Clock, Language, and Region.

3. Choose Language.

4. Open advanced settings.

5. Click Change language bar hot keys.

6. Tap Change Key Sequence.

7. Select new key sequence from Not Assigned, Ctrl+Shift, Left Alt+Shift and Grave Accent to switch input language and keyboard layout, and then click OK.

8: Choose OK to bring the change into effect.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Hope it helps.

Harish

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Harish_kum, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

How can I get rid of "Translation Text - English to Russian - On bottom of screen

1. How can I get rid of "Translation Text - English to Russian - On bottom of screen - Similar Threads - rid Translation Text

2. How do i get rid of these letters at the bottom of my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i get rid of these letters at the bottom of my screen?: I have tried to see what process causes this using task manager and services.msc and i cant figure it out. This is my issue if someone can please help me i would be grateful it is driving me nuts....
  3. How do i get rid of these letters at the bottom of my screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i get rid of these letters at the bottom of my screen?: I have tried to see what process causes this using task manager and services.msc and i cant figure it out. This is my issue if someone can please help me i would be grateful it is driving me nuts....
  4. German-English translator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    German-English translator: I am learning German language for higher studies. Whenever I study German, I find many words difficult to understand. Isn't there any german-english translator available in the store? It would be very helpful for me....
  5. German-English translator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German-English translator: I am learning German language for higher studies. Whenever I study German, I find many words difficult to understand. Isn't there any german-english translator available in the store? It would be very helpful for me....
  6. Translator English-Spanish

Translator English-Spanish: I downloaded a free app from the Microsoft store called Translator English-Spanish. I have used it for a few years with no issues. Now all of a sudden when I try to use it, I get the message: An unexpected error has occurred. The app will open, I can type in my text but...
  7. how can i change language on keyboard, ie English to Russian?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can i change language on keyboard, ie English to Russian?: I am using Duolingo to learn Russian. how do I type answers in Russian? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-change-language-on-keyboard-ie-english/027d5e49-d622-4f63-b9a1-5d15821da6b3
  8. How can I get rid of that semi-transparent square on the bottom right corner of the screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get rid of that semi-transparent square on the bottom right corner of the screen?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cristian_h_r [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e4muoa/how_can_i_get_rid_of_that_semitransparent_square/
  9. Translation English to persian

in Windows 10 Customization
    Translation English to persian: Translation English to persian https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/translation-english-to-persian/f194df8d-e828-4ee2-92a3-b75ab1c5af89
  10. Can I get the text translated in English?

Can I get the text translated in English?: I am interested in the text in the file "sequences1". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_scan3d-win_issue3d/can-i-get-the-text-translated-in-english/dfd4ed98-bae6-4487-b047-a510fc7a5640