Windows 10: How can I get Start Menu to open faster?

Discus and support How can I get Start Menu to open faster? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The first time I try to open my Start Menu each day it takes 30 or more seconds for the window to open. What can I do to get my Start Menu to open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by sduraybito, Feb 3, 2020.

1. How can I get Start Menu to open faster?

The first time I try to open my Start Menu each day it takes 30 or more seconds for the window to open. What can I do to get my Start Menu to open faster?

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903 64-bit

Dell I5-2400 3.10 GHZ

4 GB RAM

:)

sduraybito, Feb 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 Start Menu won't open.

Hi Dougie,

Corrupted system files could be one of the reason why Start Menu is not opening.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps listed in this article:
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana
    see if it helps resolve the issue.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Feb 3, 2020
  4. How can I get Start Menu to open faster?

Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

How can I get Start Menu to open faster?

1. How can I get Start Menu to open faster? - Similar Threads - Start Menu open

2. How can I open the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I open the start menu: My start menu will not open and neither will my email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-the-start-menu/2156f84c-6452-4863-aa91-15724f7ebf83
  3. How can I open the start menu

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I open the start menu: My start menu will not open and neither will my email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-open-the-start-menu/2156f84c-6452-4863-aa91-15724f7ebf83
  4. How can I open the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How can I get the new start menu UI?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I get the new start menu UI?: Yesterday I installed the newest (I think) update via media creation tool but my start menu still has the accent colors and doesn't look like the new one. Do I have to do an additional step to activate the new UI? Or am I on the wrong version? submitted by /u/noobatanything...
  6. How do I get THIS start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I get THIS start menu?: https://winaero.com/blog/tip-enable-or-disable-submenus-inside-the-start-menu-in-windows-10/ This looks like an ideal combination of the many Start Menu paradigms. Cascading programs from the 95 menu, tiles from 10, etc. submitted by /u/GameMusic [link] [comments]...
  7. context menu has no "open with". How can I get one

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    context menu has no "open with". How can I get one: I want to open a selected browser for certain web shortcuts but context menu has no "open with" . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/context-menu-has-no-open-with-how-can-i-get-one/58b4f8ad-302b-4ea7-9d98-08dd1fa737a8
  8. How can windows 10 run and start faster?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can windows 10 run and start faster?: Did you find that your win10 is really slow, especially if you have installed a beta version of your partner? That's the feeling It's really nobody! In fact, win10 will be much slower than the old version after each upgrade. As long as the new security features are added, the...
  9. Windows 10 Start Menu is very slow to open? Make it faster!

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 Start Menu is very slow to open? Make it faster!: [ATTACH] [IMG]If your Start Menu in Windows 10 opens slowly, lags or even stutters and you would like to make Windows 10 Start Menu faster; then this post will be able to help you. Windows 10 includes animations which make opening [...] This post Windows 10 Start Menu is...
  10. Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update

in Windows 10 News
    Start menu to get faster and better in Windows 10 May 2019 Update: Windows 10 May 2019 Update (version 1903) is around the corners and the debut of the next update will also bring some new refinements to the Start menu. The improvements are not as substantial as the ones in the initial updates of Windows 10, though the refinements should...