Windows 10: How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...

Discus and support How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; As the title states, I am having trouble reactivating my copy of Windows 10 Home on my PC after swapping the CPU, motherboard, and hard drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CGE4, Oct 13, 2021.

1. CGE4 Win User

How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...

As the title states, I am having trouble reactivating my copy of Windows 10 Home on my PC after swapping the CPU, motherboard, and hard drive. Everything ran fine on my original setup, but then I swapped out those 3 parts and reinstalled+reactivated Windows using my product key. The new installation worked fine as well, but I realized afterward that I had installed Windows to the wrong drive, so I formatted that drive and reinstalled again on the right one. This time, however, I was unable to reactivate Windows, despite signing in with my Microsoft account to which my copy of Windows 10 is li

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Oct 13, 2021
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account... :(

Zakin, Oct 13, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...

Link a Microsoft Account to a Windows 10 license

Hello Steve, and welcome to Ten Forums. How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account... :)

What build of Windows 10 do you currently have installed?

*Arrow https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...mber-find.html

Starting in build 14371, if you see this part highlighted in yellow below in Settings -> Update & security -> Activation from step 7 in the tutorial posted above, then the PC's digital license is linked to your MSA.

How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account... [​IMG]

Brink, Oct 13, 2021
Thema:

1. How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account... - Similar Threads - copy currently linked

2. if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring...: A while ago, I checked the activation page in Settings, and it said my license was "linked to my Microsoft Account".If I were to purchase a new PC, would this license work on that?...
  3. if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring...: A while ago, I checked the activation page in Settings, and it said my license was "linked to my Microsoft Account".If I were to purchase a new PC, would this license work on that?...
  4. if an OEM copy of Windows is "linked to my Microsoft Account", does that mean I can bring...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...

How can I get the copy of Windows 10 that is currently linked to my Microsoft account...: As the title states, I am having trouble reactivating my copy of Windows 10 Home on my PC after swapping the CPU, motherboard, and hard drive. Everything ran fine on my original setup, but then I swapped out those 3 parts and reinstalled+reactivated Windows using my product...
  6. How can I change the Microsoft account linked to my local account?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I change the Microsoft account linked to my local account?: I want to use the Microsoft Family Safety application to monitor my kid's computer usage, but when setting up his computer, I used my own email account. Now I want to change it. I've been looking for ways to change it without having to create an entirely new user but I...
  7. Can i link my microsoft account with mojang account?

Can i link my microsoft account with mojang account?: Can i link my microsoft account with mojang account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-link-my-microsoft-account-with-mojang/f6bd22dd-3e25-4a55-91aa-4928d16bc474
  8. Ex girlfriend's account linked to my Microsoft account - how can I remove it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Ex girlfriend's account linked to my Microsoft account - how can I remove it?: Good day all, My problem is as follows: I am using Windows 10 on my PC and went to try and add a child account to it. Upon attempting to do so I noticed that my ex-girlfriend's and her mum's account were listed under family members in Windows 10. PS: I never added them...
  9. How can I link the Office account to my microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I link the Office account to my microsoft account?: So I have a laptop with Office installed. The problem is that it was installed at the store where I bought it, and so the office account is linked to some microsoft account they created. Now that I'm using the computer, when I log in through my account into (say Word) then it...
  10. How can I get a copy of my windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I get a copy of my windows 10.: I dual booted my computer it starts with error 0xc000000f. I need to create a live usb but I don't have a copy of my windows10. I would be grateful if you folks could help me out....