Windows 10: How can I get the latest shut downs/starts/logins/log-outs in Windows?

Discus and support How can I get the latest shut downs/starts/logins/log-outs in Windows? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How can I get the latest shut downs/starts/logins/log-outs / unsucessful logins in Windows 10? I've read a few articles I found but I couldn't find a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by antonio3535, Sep 16, 2018.

1. How can I get the latest shut downs/starts/logins/log-outs in Windows?

How can I get the latest shut downs/starts/logins/log-outs / unsucessful logins in Windows 10?

I've read a few articles I found but I couldn't find a good answer.

for example: I went to event viewer > security:
    I read that the eventID 4624 is a successful sign-in, which seems incorrect, look at this test:
    - I shut down my computer at 08:08:30
    - I started my computer at 08:10:39 (give or take 5 seconds)
    - I signed in at 08:12:10 (entered my password and hit enter)

...yet, at 08:10:39 I can see event 4624 registered, how's this possible if I signed in later at 08:12:10?

any help much appreciated

:)

antonio3535, Sep 16, 2018

2. After successful login, system logs out requiring a second login

Using Windows 10 with three user accounts, same behavior for all accounts. Following a successful login to Windows 10, the system continues set up steps and immediately logs user out. After second login, system is functional. We typically shut down the
    machine so start up is from hardware start up and into Windows 10.

Windows 10 version is 1607 OS Build is 14393.351

I have seen similar posts for Windows NT with responses to edit registry keys but don't want to assume NT and 10 are equivalent in the Registry.

Franklin4j, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Windows 10 fails to start and shuts down post login screen

Microsoft Tech help installed Windows 10 Pro on my Samsung tablet over my insiders 10 yesterday. This was clean install and they also reloaded 365. Today I loaded a driver update program to find a touch pad driver. Mistake, it shut down tablet and each time
    I start it it goes as far the login screen and automatically shuts down. What is my next step to recover Windows and remove the driver program.

Original title: Shuts down

reallove67, Sep 17, 2018
  4. roy111 Win User

How can I get the latest shut downs/starts/logins/log-outs in Windows?

Somebody else is logged in at shutdown

I have the same message when i shutdown and restart, since updating to 1709, win 10 pro,
    i don't think someone is actually logged in, hope someone know more...

Step to reproduce:

A

logut

on the login window select shut down or restart

the message appears

B

turn on pc

on the login window do not log in

select shut down or restart

the message appears

roy111, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

How can I get the latest shut downs/starts/logins/log-outs in Windows?

1. How can I get the latest shut downs/starts/logins/log-outs in Windows? - Similar Threads - latest shut downs

2. I can not see windows shut down key in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can not see windows shut down key in start menu: Since I downloaded repondus lock down browser for my study purpose I cant access my normal start up menuIt does not showing power on and off and sleep buttons are appear. please help me....
  3. I can not see windows shut down key in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can not see windows shut down key in start menu: Since I downloaded repondus lock down browser for my study purpose I cant access my normal start up menuIt does not showing power on and off and sleep buttons are appear. please help me....
  4. How can I get out of the "setup is starting" screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get out of the "setup is starting" screen?: I been trying to reboot my pc I built with windows 11 due to recently it stopped working with windows 10 but for both I used a usb and put windows on it and did the "Create Windows Installation Media" but now I tried both to boot onto my pc and it boots but it gets stuck on...
  5. How can I get out of the "setup is starting" screen?

How can I get out of the "setup is starting" screen?: I been trying to reboot my pc I built with windows 11 due to recently it stopped working with windows 10 but for both I used a usb and put windows on it and did the "Create Windows Installation Media" but now I tried both to boot onto my pc and it boots but it gets stuck on...
  6. Logged out of everything after shutting down the system

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Logged out of everything after shutting down the system: Everytime i shut down my computer everything that uses passwords/accounts is logged out of it. Ive lost an email account because of this and idk what is going on. Ive had this for the past week, im a windows 10 user and never had this problem before. Ive tried looking for...
  7. Logged out of everything after shutting down the system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Logged out of everything after shutting down the system: Everytime i shut down my computer everything that uses passwords/accounts is logged out of it. Ive lost an email account because of this and idk what is going on. Ive had this for the past week, im a windows 10 user and never had this problem before. Ive tried looking for...
  8. Logged out of everything after shutting down the system

9. BSOD: Happened when logging out and shutting down Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD: Happened when logging out and shutting down Windows.: I was logging my computer off this morning and then I shut it down. When I clicked shut down, it had a blue screen of death message. I don't know if this had to do with the latest update or not. Is there a way for me to analyze the dump file to see what happens with future...
  10. Logging Out and Shutting Down with Error(s)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Logging Out and Shutting Down with Error(s): Each time I log out of my computer to shut it down, an error pops up and the computer chimes letting me know about the error. I have saved the Error Logs as text files that I am uploading to this thread. I hope someone can help me get this issue fixed. Thanks in advance!...