Windows 10: How can I get the new start menu UI?

Discus and support How can I get the new start menu UI? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday I installed the newest (I think) update via media creation tool but my start menu still has the accent colors and doesn't look like the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/noobatanything, Sep 26, 2020.

1. How can I get the new start menu UI?

Yesterday I installed the newest (I think) update via media creation tool but my start menu still has the accent colors and doesn't look like the new one. Do I have to do an additional step to activate the new UI? Or am I on the wrong version?

submitted by /u/noobatanything
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/noobatanything, Sep 26, 2020
  2. alijcam Win User

Start Menu Customisation

I like having a decent list of most used apps on the start launch list in W7. I would change to [not] 'large icons' in the start customisation options, then set the start menu size to (say) 20 apps.
    Shaun posed a great solution to restoring the 9879-type 'resizable' start menu on 9926 (thanks!), but tinkering with the registry entries that controlled the icon sizes in W7 doesn't seem to work in W10TP.
    However, there is clearly some mechanism that configures the 'all programs' list to use small icons
    Anyone have any suggestions to change the main start list to small(er) icons?

I suppose what i'm wanting is the W7 desktop back - and that's probably not far from the truth; for a desktop user, the W7 Aero presentation was smart, nice to look at, and more productive because it had better delineation between content and functional zones that the Playschool (is this to become the new name for it?) UI doesn't seem to have (for me).

Retain the options to allow the users the options to configure the UI presentation the way they are happiest with, and perhaps then do the analytics to see what everyone chooses?

alijcam, Sep 26, 2020
  3. edee Win User
    Start Menu Customisation

Download StartIsBack and you will pretty much have the Windows 7 desktop back .... minus the aero effect. StartIsBack is a reincarnation of the Windows 7 start menu.

I just whish they would bring back being able to customize the login screen instead of having to use those fugly solid colors.

4. Scott Xe Win User

How can I get the new start menu UI?

Modern UI next to Start Menu

I notice the modern UI next to Start Menu in desktop mode. This modern UI is an incomplete one unlike the full program menu in Windows 8.1 tablet mode. What is major purpose to have it - looks like a duplication of Start Menu?

Scott Xe, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

How can I get the new start menu UI?

1. How can I get the new start menu UI? - Similar Threads - start menu

2. Are there known compatibility issues with WS_EX_TOPMOST and Windows 11’s Start menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there known compatibility issues with WS_EX_TOPMOST and Windows 11’s Start menu?: Title: Issue with WS_EX_TOPMOST in .NET App on Windows 11 not Overlapping Start Menu.Body: Hello, I’ve developed an application using the .NET Framework that applies the WS_EX_TOPMOST window style to create a watermark overlay. This overlay remains on top of all other windows...
  3. Are there known compatibility issues with WS_EX_TOPMOST and Windows 11’s Start menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there known compatibility issues with WS_EX_TOPMOST and Windows 11’s Start menu?: Title: Issue with WS_EX_TOPMOST in .NET App on Windows 11 not Overlapping Start Menu.Body: Hello, I’ve developed an application using the .NET Framework that applies the WS_EX_TOPMOST window style to create a watermark overlay. This overlay remains on top of all other windows...
  4. System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10: So all of a sudden, certain system apps have disappeared from my start menu. I type their names in the search and I get a "no results found."Examples:- Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions- Device Manager- Default Apps- etcI can still launch them if I go and find them...
  5. System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10

System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10: So all of a sudden, certain system apps have disappeared from my start menu. I type their names in the search and I get a "no results found."Examples:- Create and Format Hard Disk Partitions- Device Manager- Default Apps- etcI can still launch them if I go and find them...
  6. System apps missing from Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Uh how do I fix the critical error related to menu start?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uh how do I fix the critical error related to menu start?: It only occurs on my administrator account and both commands like dism or sfc/scannow are unable to fix it. also I got error 87 and can't grant administrator access uh intended way without using cmd due to window immedietly closing....
  8. Uh how do I fix the critical error related to menu start?

Uh how do I fix the critical error related to menu start?: It only occurs on my administrator account and both commands like dism or sfc/scannow are unable to fix it. also I got error 87 and can't grant administrator access uh intended way without using cmd due to window immedietly closing....
  9. Uh how do I fix the critical error related to menu start?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app

Unable to type in the Start menu to search an app: I cannot search for anything on the start menu or use the search box in the taskbar. No error messages. I tried using the troubleshooter, sfc, and DISM commands as well. But it didn't work....