Windows 10: How can I get the old Microsoft Edge back? Ex: alongside the new microsoft edge so I have...

Discus and support How can I get the old Microsoft Edge back? Ex: alongside the new microsoft edge so I have... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; And that old feature was that iin the old edge f you turn the computer to high contrast dark color mode, then when you open edge or make a new tab in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ImgLoop1993, Aug 30, 2020.

1. How can I get the old Microsoft Edge back? Ex: alongside the new microsoft edge so I have...

And that old feature was that iin the old edge f you turn the computer to high contrast dark color mode, then when you open edge or make a new tab in edge, it will never ever produce a bright white light flash that is naturally associated w/ opening a new window

Chrome and firefox almost get there but there are still some situations where you will

submitted by /u/ImgLoop1993
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ImgLoop1993, Aug 30, 2020
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Aug 30, 2020
  3. microsoft edge

Hi Navid,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to try restarting Microsoft Edge Browser and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Open task manager right click on Microsoft Edge and go to details click on microsoftedgeCP.exe and click end task

• Restart your Computer and check if it helps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Paulo GM Win User

How can I get the old Microsoft Edge back? Ex: alongside the new microsoft edge so I have...

Microsoft edge

Hi Michelle, I am Paulo. I'm an Independent Advisor and an individual like you inclined to help.

If what you're using isn't compatible with the new Edge, you can enable the old version of Edge even with the new one installed. Just follow the steps given in this article.

https://www.askvg.com/tip-how-to-restore-old-le...

Please note that this method will reinstall the Edge so I suggest you backup your Favorites by syncing your account in Edge.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/4534424/micr...

I hope this helps.

Paulo GM, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

How can I get the old Microsoft Edge back? Ex: alongside the new microsoft edge so I have...

1. How can I get the old Microsoft Edge back? Ex: alongside the new microsoft edge so I have... - Similar Threads - old Microsoft Edge

2. can i uninstall microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can i uninstall microsoft edge?: ------ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-uninstall-microsoft-edge/9a5464df-fdd9-4b26-849a-5047bca6246c
  3. can i uninstall microsoft edge?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i uninstall microsoft edge?: ------ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-uninstall-microsoft-edge/9a5464df-fdd9-4b26-849a-5047bca6246c
  4. Can I remove Microsoft Edge

Can I remove Microsoft Edge: HI I was wondering if I could please ask a question. I was wanting to now can I uninstall Microsoft Edge without bricking my new dell laptop. The reason I want to get rid of it is because Microsoft Edge is so clogged with features that I do not use at all.I use Microsoft...
  5. Can I remove Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I remove Microsoft Edge: HI I was wondering if I could please ask a question. I was wanting to now can I uninstall Microsoft Edge without bricking my new dell laptop. The reason I want to get rid of it is because Microsoft Edge is so clogged with features that I do not use at all.I use Microsoft...
  6. Can I get back Microsoft Edge legacy in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I get back Microsoft Edge legacy in Windows 11: I upgraded my device from Windows 10 10.0.14393.2214 to Windows 11 10.0.22000.194.Earlier, I was using Microsoft Edge legacy as the default browser, but now I have the new Chromium Edge.I want the old, legacy, UWP Microsoft Edge back. Can I get it ? If yes, then how ??...
  7. Can I get back Microsoft Edge legacy in Windows 11

Can I get back Microsoft Edge legacy in Windows 11: I upgraded my device from Windows 10 10.0.14393.2214 to Windows 11 10.0.22000.194.Earlier, I was using Microsoft Edge legacy as the default browser, but now I have the new Chromium Edge.I want the old, legacy, UWP Microsoft Edge back. Can I get it ? If yes, then how ??...
  8. How can I undo sync in Edge to get my old favorites back?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I undo sync in Edge to get my old favorites back?: I have lost some favourites when sync updated itself in Microsoft Edge. How can I undo sync in Edge to get my old favorites back? 180199
  9. Microsoft Edge (New and Old versions) overhyped?

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge (New and Old versions) overhyped?: Windows v1909, build 18363.720: - Having read the positive reviews about the new Edge browser I thought I will install it and try it and I am really disappointed in it. I really cannot see why the reviewers are hyping it up. I think it a case of "the emperor's new clothes"...
  10. How can I disable Microsoft Edge?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable Microsoft Edge?: How can I disable Microsoft Edge in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-microsoft-edge/96d49e51-c993-4e76-9a97-95be9130125a