Windows 10: How can I get the recovery key for BitLocker?

Discus and support How can I get the recovery key for BitLocker? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, so recently after installing an update my account was no longer an administrator and since I don't have admin rights I can't even activate the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Please__Help_Me, Sep 26, 2020.

1. How can I get the recovery key for BitLocker?

Hello, so recently after installing an update my account was no longer an administrator and since I don't have admin rights I can't even activate the administrator account. I tried many ways suggested in the Microsoft forum and I think I was about done with the problem when I tried using this method

Step 1:

To start Windows 10 in safe mode with command prompt:

1. Press Windows + I keys on the keyboard to open Settings menu.
    2. Select Update & security and click on Recovery.
    3. Go to Advanced startup and select Restart now.
    4. After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup Settings >Restart.
    5. After your PC restarts, select a startup setting as Safe Mode with command prompt by pressing the corresponding number.

Step 2:

Follow the below steps to enable Built in Administrator:

1. Open Command Prompt from Windows Recovery Environment.

2. Copy and paste the below command and press Enter.

net user administrator /active:yes

3. Close the Command Prompt.

4. Try to login though Built in Administrator and change the other user account privileges to Administrator.

5. You may create new user account also and assign the administrative privileges to the account.

There was only a slight problem- after clicking on startup settings, it asked for BitLocker Recovery Key and even provided a link from where to access the keyaka.ms/myrecoverykey.

But this link says-try a different URL.

Can somebody tell me how can I access this key?

Also I didn't install it from any source

It would be helpful if somebody answered this quicklyThank you

:)

Please__Help_Me, Sep 26, 2020

2. bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Sep 26, 2020
  4. How can I get the recovery key for BitLocker?

bitlocker key id recovery

Hi Jessen P

Thank you very much for your advice.

I did follow your suggestion but I can't get recovery key.

I got the below message.

You don't have any BitLocker recovery keys in your Microsoft account.

Next Step, What should I do?

Nam-PeunGカーンダー, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

How can I get the recovery key for BitLocker?

1. How can I get the recovery key for BitLocker? - Similar Threads - recovery key BitLocker

2. How to get Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get Bitlocker Recovery Key: hi. So, I can't log into Windows because windows forgot my PIN after I tried to run it in safe mode to check for errors. There is nothing on the login screen, there is nowhere to enter the PIN, only an error. I went to advanced troubleshoot to repair the boot, but a Bitlocker...
  3. How to get Bitlocker Recovery Key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get Bitlocker Recovery Key: hi. So, I can't log into Windows because windows forgot my PIN after I tried to run it in safe mode to check for errors. There is nothing on the login screen, there is nowhere to enter the PIN, only an error. I went to advanced troubleshoot to repair the boot, but a Bitlocker...
  4. how to get the bitlocker recovery key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get the bitlocker recovery key?: can not find bitlocker recovery key after reseting from windows 11 to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-the-bitlocker-recovery-key/14f12b4b-2d4b-4c02-9e28-c2e1edc85ac5
  5. how to get the bitlocker recovery key?

how to get the bitlocker recovery key?: can not find bitlocker recovery key after reseting from windows 11 to windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-the-bitlocker-recovery-key/14f12b4b-2d4b-4c02-9e28-c2e1edc85ac5
  6. How can I get Bitlocker recovery key.?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I get Bitlocker recovery key.?: I am having a problem with an HP Laptop that I just bought a few months ago. I do not have a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I was never given one, there is not one listed on my Microsoft account. I never activated Bitlocker. I did not even know what it was. Two week ago I let my...
  7. How can I get Bitlocker recovery key.?

How can I get Bitlocker recovery key.?: I am having a problem with an HP Laptop that I just bought a few months ago. I do not have a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I was never given one, there is not one listed on my Microsoft account. I never activated Bitlocker. I did not even know what it was. Two week ago I let my...
  8. How to get bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get bitlocker recovery key: Hi, morning.I can't log in to the laptop as it requested for a recovery key.May i know how should i proceed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-bitlocker-recovery-key/c72191dc-3be1-4d9b-93d6-6064cf689ff8
  9. How to get bitlocker recovery key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get bitlocker recovery key: Hi, morning.I can't log in to the laptop as it requested for a recovery key.May i know how should i proceed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-bitlocker-recovery-key/c72191dc-3be1-4d9b-93d6-6064cf689ff8
  10. How to get bitlocker recovery key