Windows 10: How can I get the Sleep option back after upgrading to 21H1

Discus and support How can I get the Sleep option back after upgrading to 21H1 in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 21H1 a couple of days ago. And the main "feature" I have noticed is that the option for setting my laptop to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by 7ore, Aug 5, 2021.

1. 7ore Win User

How can I get the Sleep option back after upgrading to 21H1

I upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 21H1 a couple of days ago. And the main "feature" I have noticed is that the option for setting my laptop to sleep is gone.Earlier I had the option to select Win-key - Power - Sleep.Now the only ones left is Shutdown and Restart. The option is also gone in the Additional Power settings in Settings - Power & sleep. I tried enable it in GPedit.msc too Admin templates/Windows components/File explorer/Show sleep..., but that did nothing.How can I get that option back?Other than reverting the 21H1 upgrade...

:)

7ore, Aug 5, 2021

2. Sleep option

Hi Remon,

I tried what you suggested, but I did not see a sleep option listed in the settings for the power options. There was a "hibernate" option, but I don't think that is the same as the sleep option which I had prior to the last update. Also, since the update,
    my graphics, images, and fonts are slightly distorted.

Thanks,

John

JohnBuckley_016, Aug 5, 2021
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Sleep option

Hi John,

The issue might be due to a disabled sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel.

We would like to ask for some information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Can you provide us with a screenshot?

In the meantime, please check if the sleep to show in Power menu
    option in Control Panel is enabled using the steps below:

• Type Control Panel on the search box and press Enter.
    • Select System and Security, then Power Options.
    • Click on Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Put a check-mark on the Sleep-Show in Power menu box.

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 5, 2021
  4. How can I get the Sleep option back after upgrading to 21H1

No Sleep Option After Upgraded to Windows 10

Hello Tung,

Thank you for keeping us posted and we appreciate your patience on this issue.

I suggest you to use the following steps to adjust the settings for when your display will power off and when your computer will go to sleep:

• Click the Start
      How can I get the Sleep option back after upgrading to 21H1 [​IMG]
      menu
      and select
      Settings.
    • Click System.
    • Click Power and sleep.
    • Choose your desired Screen and Sleep settings.
    • Click the X in the top right corner to close the window and save your changes.

Hope it helps this time.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 5, 2021
Thema:

How can I get the Sleep option back after upgrading to 21H1

1. How can I get the Sleep option back after upgrading to 21H1 - Similar Threads - Sleep option upgrading

2. How can I get a file back after replacing it with a document

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I get a file back after replacing it with a document: I saved a piece of work and replaced it with a document I didn’t want I want to be able to get the original document back. It’s on a different login but I can’t seem to login into it it was my college account which I don’t have access to anymore. Which is allowing me to use...
  3. The sleep option is missing from my control panel. How can I get this option back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The sleep option is missing from my control panel. How can I get this option back?: I have tried updating my graphics and chipset drivers. I have also installed windows and firmware updates. I also tried resetting the power plans and I still cannot get the sleep option back....
  4. The sleep option is missing from my control panel. How can I get this option back?

The sleep option is missing from my control panel. How can I get this option back?: I have tried updating my graphics and chipset drivers. I have also installed windows and firmware updates. I also tried resetting the power plans and I still cannot get the sleep option back....
  5. How can i get back to administrator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i get back to administrator: I have change my account permissions to `Standard user` instead of Administrator and now i can't reback to AdministratorI have follow opetion2 from Herebut now when i open anything as administrator he said should type the Administrator password and when type my microsoft...
  6. How can i get back to administrator

How can i get back to administrator: I have change my account permissions to `Standard user` instead of Administrator and now i can't reback to AdministratorI have follow opetion2 from Herebut now when i open anything as administrator he said should type the Administrator password and when type my microsoft...
  7. .how can i get back it ????

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .how can i get back it ????: i lost my power point file when i tried to change its folder to another and i chosen skip after it was disappeared https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-back-it/2850b162-dd65-440c-84c2-bf4622216d7c
  8. how can i get the sleep option for windows 10?

how can i get the sleep option for windows 10?: cannot get the sleep button on windows 10 after upgrading from windows 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-the-sleep-option-for-windows-10/5c87a085-2423-4c6c-9ae3-897188affff8
  9. How I can get my data back after recovery

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How I can get my data back after recovery: I've re-installed OS using HP cloud recovery tool as per instruction given by HP here - https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06162205 After doing this I figured out that I lost data which I kept as backup in different Drive. Note that my Laptop had drive C: with 100GB for...
  10. how can i get my dvd player back after upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how can i get my dvd player back after upgrade: after installing windows 10cd rom is gone-can anyone help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-my-dvd-player-back-after-upgrade/ec919b0e-dafd-44e2-96cc-3cac486feb44