Windows 10: how can i get the sleep option for windows 10?

Discus and support how can i get the sleep option for windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; cannot get the sleep button on windows 10 after upgrading from windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony 321, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Tony 321 Win User

how can i get the sleep option for windows 10?

cannot get the sleep button on windows 10 after upgrading from windows 7

:)

Tony 321, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 23, 2020
  3. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Mar 23, 2020
  4. how can i get the sleep option for windows 10?

Windows 10 Sleep option problem

Hello Lam,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing issues with configuring sleep option settings in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps to access the and check if it applies to the situation.

• Open Settings app. To do so, click on the Settings app icon on the Start menu or simultaneously press Windows and I keys.
    • Click the first option titled System.
    • On the resulting page, click Power & Sleep.
    • Now, under Sleep section, you will see two options:

#On battery power, PC goes to sleep after

#When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    • For both options, expand the drop-down menu and select Never.

Note: Changes made to the sleep mode will apply to the current power plan only. To make changes to other power plans, switch to the other power plan by clicking the battery icon in the system tray and then click on the current power plan tile.
    However, if the above steps does not apply, follow the below recommended methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Power option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

Method 2

Follow the below steps to reset the Power option settings in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1. Press Windows key + X from the keyboard.

2. Choose Command prompt from the context menu.

3. In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
    and press Enter.4. Exit command prompt

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

how can i get the sleep option for windows 10?

1. how can i get the sleep option for windows 10? - Similar Threads - sleep option

2. Sleep option is gone...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep option is gone...: I went into the power option and was only able to add hibernation option but the sleep option is still not there. wtf how do i fix this ? submitted by /u/muaytao [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fv8hug/sleep_option_is_gone/
  3. No sleep option on new install of Windows 10 18363.720

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No sleep option on new install of Windows 10 18363.720: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 Professional 1909 on my computer specs below and found that there was no Sleep option in the Power settings. I've tried all the touted solutions I've found on Google, including going into the power options and "Change settings that are...
  4. No sleep option on new install of Windows 10 (18363.720)

in Windows 10 Support
    No sleep option on new install of Windows 10 (18363.720): I recently reinstalled Windows 10 Professional on my computer (specs below) and found that there was no Sleep option in the Power settings. I've tried all the touted solutions I've found on Google, including going into the power options and "Change settings that are currently...
  5. Sleep Option

Sleep Option: I recently downloaded Windows 10 on four HP Probook 650 G2. Only one laptop gives me the option to use the sleep option. In the Power and Sleep option only screen adjustments can be made. The working laptop has both sleep and screen. Also under Define Power Buttons and...
  6. Sleep option & adjusting screen brightness

Sleep option & adjusting screen brightness: Why would my computer no longer have an option to Sleep? Or to adjust screen brightness? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-option-adjusting-screen-brightness/d616fd76-8bc3-4c82-bd30-e9671b4b6743
  7. Windows dim screen before automatically going to sleep option

Windows dim screen before automatically going to sleep option: Hello, I'm trying to figure out how I can have my laptop preloaded with Windows 10 from manufacturer dim its screen before automatically going to sleep after being idle for a set amount of time so I can easily wake it back up. What I mean is similar as to how our phones...
  8. Computer goes to sleep when closing lid when changed options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer goes to sleep when closing lid when changed options: I changed the Power Plan so that my computer will never sleep when it is charging. I also made so it won’t sleep or shutdown when lid is closed. However, when i slowly close lid to see if screen stays on, it turns off. I even went to registry editor and changed these settings...
  9. No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.

in Windows 10 Support
    No Sleep option in the Shut Down Menu.: I have a newly installed OS on a Desktop. There is no Sleep option in the Shut Down menu. I have run two .reg files [from Ten Forums] which said they were successfully, and checked that everything was OK in Device Manager [as recommended by a post here in Ten Forums]. Has...
  10. No sleep option

in Windows 10 Support
    No sleep option: On a friends HP Pavilion Model p7-1256c I formatted and did a fresh install of W10 Home. All works fine except there is no sleep option. I have tried many suggestions here like chipset drivers from HP which it wouldn't accept. My friend is not too up on this stuff which is...