Windows 10: how can i get the sleep option for windows 10?

Discus and support how can i get the sleep option for windows 10? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; cannot get the sleep button on windows 10 after upgrading from windows 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tony 321, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Tony 321 Win User

how can i get the sleep option for windows 10?

cannot get the sleep button on windows 10 after upgrading from windows 7

:)

Tony 321, Mar 23, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 23, 2020
  3. sleep mode and power options not working on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

For issues with sleep mode and power options follow the steps provided below.

Run the Power troubleshooter and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Type Troubleshooting in search and click
      Troubleshooting.
    • Now type Power in the search option.
    • Click on Power troubleshooter to run.

I would suggest you to try updating the Display driver and check if the issue persists. If you already have all the latest drivers from Windows updates, then I would suggest you to visit the computer manufacturer's website, download and install the latest
    drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Mar 23, 2020
  4. how can i get the sleep option for windows 10?

Windows 10 Sleep option problem

Hello Lam,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 family.

From the description provided, I understand that you are experiencing issues with configuring sleep option settings in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to refer to the below steps to access the and check if it applies to the situation.

• Open Settings app. To do so, click on the Settings app icon on the Start menu or simultaneously press Windows and I keys.
    • Click the first option titled System.
    • On the resulting page, click Power & Sleep.
    • Now, under Sleep section, you will see two options:

#On battery power, PC goes to sleep after

#When plugged in, PC goes to sleep after
    • For both options, expand the drop-down menu and select Never.

Note: Changes made to the sleep mode will apply to the current power plan only. To make changes to other power plans, switch to the other power plan by clicking the battery icon in the system tray and then click on the current power plan tile.
    However, if the above steps does not apply, follow the below recommended methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter:

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Power option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

Method 2

Follow the below steps to reset the Power option settings in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

1. Press Windows key + X from the keyboard.

2. Choose Command prompt from the context menu.

3. In the command prompt, type powercfg –restoredefaultschemes
    and press Enter.4. Exit command prompt

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

how can i get the sleep option for windows 10?

1. how can i get the sleep option for windows 10? - Similar Threads - sleep option

2. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  3. Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sometimes wifi option gets disabled when I use the laptop after keeping it in sleep mode....: If anyone have idea about this, please comment https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sometimes-wifi-option-gets-disabled-when-i-use-the/90c88825-bc5f-4dac-b93d-8d1019621aaa
  4. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  5. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.: Currently Power Options offers just Shut-down and Restart.When I enter "powercfg -h on" I get an error reply of "The following items are preventing hibernation on this system. An internal system component has disabled hibernation. Guarded Host" What is Guarded Host? For a...
  6. Cannot enable Power Options for Sleep and Hibernate.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Sleep option locked in control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep option locked in control panel: Hi everyone, I recently just purchased a windows 11 key and for some reason no matter what I try, i cant seem to activate my sleep button option in the power settings. I have researched a bit and most of the articles just tell me to go into the control panel, then select the,...
  8. Sleep option locked in control panel

Sleep option locked in control panel: Hi everyone, I recently just purchased a windows 11 key and for some reason no matter what I try, i cant seem to activate my sleep button option in the power settings. I have researched a bit and most of the articles just tell me to go into the control panel, then select the,...
  9. Sleep option gone missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep option gone missing: I can't seem to choose the sleep option in power settings or the control panel power options. It just suddenly disappeared from everywhere.I have tried every method to fix it from researching the internet. From cmd prompts to local group policy editor and whatnot....
  10. Sleep option gone missing

Sleep option gone missing: I can't seem to choose the sleep option in power settings or the control panel power options. It just suddenly disappeared from everywhere.I have tried every method to fix it from researching the internet. From cmd prompts to local group policy editor and whatnot....