Windows 10: How can I get W10 to remember the size of a window? Eg notepad

Discus and support How can I get W10 to remember the size of a window? Eg notepad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (Windows version number = 1903) When I run notepad, I always have to maximise it, before I start using it. If I then close it, then reopen it, W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by W10User123, Nov 8, 2019.

1. How can I get W10 to remember the size of a window? Eg notepad

(Windows version number = 1903)
    When I run notepad, I always have to maximise it, before I start using it.
    If I then close it, then reopen it, W10 'forgets' that I've set notepad to maximised, and I have to maximise it again.
    Of course, I have tried manually moving the size of the notepad window, to maximise it that way, but W10 doesn't remember this size setting either.
    Thanks a lot for any comments.

:)

W10User123, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Bree, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 8, 2019
  4. john barr Win User

How can I get W10 to remember the size of a window? Eg notepad

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

i dont know what the problem is , looks like i need to format C

john barr, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

How can I get W10 to remember the size of a window? Eg notepad

1. How can I get W10 to remember the size of a window? Eg notepad - Similar Threads - W10 remember size

2. How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?: Like notepad for instance, it always shows up where I last used it. Handy yes, but not always, let us be able to check or uncheck the suggested option. In Captain Picards voice: Very well, make it so. submitted by /u/Daemonshmike [link] [comments]...
  3. How do I get Notepad to list open Notepad files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get Notepad to list open Notepad files?: Today, right clicking on the Notepad icon on the taskbar has stopped giving a list of Notepad files that have not been explicitly closed. This list is extremely useful to me. Is there any way to recover this feature ?...
  4. How can I get Notepad to show white margins on the top and sides?

How can I get Notepad to show white margins on the top and sides?: I recently got a Windows 10 computer that I've been customizing to visually resemble my previously-owned Windows Vista & 7 computers. I'm making great progress towards finalizing my customization, but I've hit a bit of a roadblock. I want Notepad to show those little white...
  5. How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position: I resize an open window to my reqirement, but at each restart of computer the adjusted windows opens at its original size. What procedure can resolve this....
  6. How to increase font size in notepad?

How to increase font size in notepad?: How to increase font size in notepad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-increase-font-size-in-notepad/274436d1-8011-49da-bb08-47df51d2359e
  7. How do i get rid of notepad

How do i get rid of notepad: i need help getting rid of notepad https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/how-do-i-get-rid-of-notepad/6275bd69-ae67-4313-8bac-e4e25fd6a0ba
  8. Remember Window Size

in Browsers and Email
    Remember Window Size: Is there no way to remember a window size with Windows 10? I remember in previous versions you could set the window size and position. When I open Chrome, generally the first session will open (usually) correctly. Sometimes I have to slide the title bar off the screen in...
  9. Help - How can I get menu back to proper size

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help - How can I get menu back to proper size: Hi there. Is there any way of getting back the menu to it's original size. I don't know what I did but most of it's gone and the menu won't re-size again. Cheers jimbo 2142
  10. How do I prevent multiple .exes (eg notepad) from running?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I prevent multiple .exes (eg notepad) from running?: I sometimes accidentally run two copies of notepad. Sometimes, I don't spot them both in my taskbar. I wondered if there was a way to alert me that I'm attempting to run the same .exe, if I already have it open? For example, on my desktop I have a notepad file. I'll run...