Windows 10: How can I get W10 to remember the size of a window? Eg notepad

Discus and support How can I get W10 to remember the size of a window? Eg notepad in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; (Windows version number = 1903) When I run notepad, I always have to maximise it, before I start using it. If I then close it, then reopen it, W10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by W10User123, Nov 8, 2019.

1. How can I get W10 to remember the size of a window? Eg notepad

(Windows version number = 1903)
    When I run notepad, I always have to maximise it, before I start using it.
    If I then close it, then reopen it, W10 'forgets' that I've set notepad to maximised, and I have to maximise it again.
    Of course, I have tried manually moving the size of the notepad window, to maximise it that way, but W10 doesn't remember this size setting either.
    Thanks a lot for any comments.

:)

W10User123, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Bree Win User

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

Your screenshot of Task Manager and the notepad.exe properties shows the same size and creation date as in @dalchina's earlier screenshot. So it looks like it is the real notepad that's running.

But - it isn't running the way it should. In your Task Manager there should be a > to the left of notepad, and clicking on it should open up a list of the Notepad instances that are running, along with the name of the document that's open (or 'Untitled - Notepad' if none).

Yours doesn't show that (compare it with dalchina's screenshot). Notepad is running - yes, but not the way it's supposed to. It appears to be in the list of background processes, not in the list of Apps where it should be. Could something be trying to run it as a service? Perhaps some malware set this up, but failed to replace the genuine notepad.exe with its counterfeit one?

As a first step I'd look at the Startup tab in Task Manager for clues.

Bree, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Nov 8, 2019
  4. john barr Win User

How can I get W10 to remember the size of a window? Eg notepad

Notepad consuming cpu 40%

i dont know what the problem is , looks like i need to format C

john barr, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

How can I get W10 to remember the size of a window? Eg notepad

1. How can I get W10 to remember the size of a window? Eg notepad - Similar Threads - W10 remember size

2. Notepad window size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notepad window size: Every time I launch notepad, the default window is too big for my screen and it appears in the top left corner. I have to use the Windows+Arrow shortcut to move it in the right place each time. Is there a way to restore the default settings as it used to just open a small...
  3. Notepad window size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notepad window size: Every time I launch notepad, the default window is too big for my screen and it appears in the top left corner. I have to use the Windows+Arrow shortcut to move it in the right place each time. Is there a way to restore the default settings as it used to just open a small...
  4. Notepad window size

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. notepad sizing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    notepad sizing: I need better control of the window sizing of the new notepad. The old notepad worked fine. How can the window be narrower and shorter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-sizing/3ca80777-6257-434b-aaee-f79a13aeb1d5
  6. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  7. Remembering Window Size

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remembering Window Size: I've noticed certain "built-in" apps - the Win+Shift+S Snipping Tool, Windows Explorer are two examples - that don't remember that I like them Maximized.Most Office Programs and most software, I can right-click when it's in the bottom toolbar, select "Properties", and then...
  8. How to remember window size for app display

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remember window size for app display: I use dual monitors at work. Every time I resize the windows to be smaller than full screen, each morning when I re-open the app, it starts in full screen again. I'm having to resize and drag apps to the other monitor every morning rather than having them open where I moved...
  9. How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position: I resize an open window to my reqirement, but at each restart of computer the adjusted windows opens at its original size. What procedure can resolve this....
  10. Remember Window Size

in Browsers and Email
    Remember Window Size: Is there no way to remember a window size with Windows 10? I remember in previous versions you could set the window size and position. When I open Chrome, generally the first session will open (usually) correctly. Sometimes I have to slide the title bar off the screen in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remember window position windows 10