Windows 10: How can I get Win 10 (I have Win 7) and would installing it mess up my data?

Discus and support How can I get Win 10 (I have Win 7) and would installing it mess up my data? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have Win 7. At the time I installed it, about a month later they announced Win 10 was going to be a free upgrade. Being a bit stupid I ignored the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/zfreakazoidz, Oct 30, 2019.

1. How can I get Win 10 (I have Win 7) and would installing it mess up my data?

So I have Win 7. At the time I installed it, about a month later they announced Win 10 was going to be a free upgrade. Being a bit stupid I ignored the offer because installing Windows is such a pain and I didn't want to upgrade yet. But now I am seeing new games that REQUIRE Win 10 at the minimum.

So two questions:
    1. Anyway to get the Win 10 upgrade for free? I do remember at the time I got an "free upgrade" to Win Vista if I wanted also. Turned that down to.

1. When installing Win 10, will there be any issues like having to reinstall my programs for example?
    submitted by /u/zfreakazoidz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/zfreakazoidz, Oct 30, 2019
  2. rk3066 Win User

Win.10 won't boot after installing Win.7

Hi,

So i installed Win.10 via the UEFI and after installing Win.7 on Legacy Mode onto a different HDD i can't boot into Win.10 (I believe can only because Win.10 was installed via UEFI)

I tried installing the BCD Software but nope. I even tried to select my HDD but say Winload.exe error

Even tried going into the USB and try repairing but the same thing happens

rk3066, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Proph3t Win User
    Install win 7 on a data drive?

I just had my OS hdd crash and die last night leaving me with my only other and last hdd a 1terrabyte hdd full of stuff. There is 25 gig of free space. Can I put a partition in the free space with the win 7 disk and install win 7 on this hdd that never had an OS on it before w/out losing all of my other data. I am pretty sure the answer is no and I will have to go out and buy a new hdd but I had to ask. I have no other drives to back up my data to. *Frown How can I get Win 10 (I have Win 7) and would installing it mess up my data? :(

Proph3t, Oct 30, 2019
  4. adoornik Win User

How can I get Win 10 (I have Win 7) and would installing it mess up my data?

Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

How can I get Win 10 (I have Win 7) and would installing it mess up my data?

1. How can I get Win 10 (I have Win 7) and would installing it mess up my data? - Similar Threads - installing mess data

2. I will like to install Win XP, but I have 7. How to do this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I will like to install Win XP, but I have 7. How to do this?: install xp on 7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-will-like-to-install-win-xp-but-i-have-7-how-to/2b5472b4-33c5-4733-b436-995f42f7e5d0
  3. I want to upgrade my win 7 machine to win 10. Can I then install my win 7 on another device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to upgrade my win 7 machine to win 10. Can I then install my win 7 on another device: I have win 7 installed from an original win 7 pro dvd. I want to upgrade it to win 10 now, and use the win 7 dvd to install the win 7 OS on another, older machine, as that one's old win 7 license key got switched off by Microsoft. Apperantly there were too many PCs using the...
  4. I want to upgrade my win 7 machine to win 10. Can I then install my win 7 on another device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to upgrade my win 7 machine to win 10. Can I then install my win 7 on another device: I have win 7 installed from an original win 7 pro dvd. I want to upgrade it to win 10 now, and use the win 7 dvd to install the win 7 OS on another, older machine, as that one's old win 7 license key got switched off by Microsoft. Apperantly there were too many PCs using the...
  5. how i can get back my win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how i can get back my win 10: i purchase Lenovo G50-80 Laptop with pre-installed win 8.1 i upgraded my laptop windows on win 10 now i have lost my win 10 how i can get back my win 10 with original product key and activation key?...
  6. How do I get Win 7 games on my Win 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get Win 7 games on my Win 10?: how do I get W7 games on my W10 , safe & easy * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: games https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-win-7-games-on-my-win-10/32713fe3-8443-42bf-8a44-bee01e09d507
  7. Installed Win 7 on Mac. Can I get free Win 10 for an upgraded computer

in Windows 10 Support
    Installed Win 7 on Mac. Can I get free Win 10 for an upgraded computer: Hello, I installed Windows 7 Professional 64bit on the Windows partition of a Macbook Pro via Bootcamp. I am selling that computer and going to erase that Windows partition. I know that Win 7 can be upgraded to Win10 for free. Can I use this opportunity to get Win 10 for...
  8. Can I get back to win 7?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I get back to win 7?: Hi all, I have windows 7 on my computer. I have read a lot of posts here and I am not sure if I want windows 10 at this time. if I take the upgrade to win 10, and have an image of my old win 7, can I go back to win 7 or is my product key now assigned to win 10 and can not...
  9. Win 10 messed up Win 7 Task Scheduler.

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 messed up Win 7 Task Scheduler.: I tried to upgrade to Win 10 about 2 months ago but it messed up my monitor to the point I only had only a horizontal screen about half the normal size so I went back to win 7. Today I decided to try again, but first I would do a backup, and I got the following popup: The...
  10. Can I delete Win 10 and install 7?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I delete Win 10 and install 7?: Hopefully I am asking this in the correct area. So, my laptop came with Windows 10 installed. Then the creators update happened... System ran like pure garbage, had to do 2 factory resets to get it back to how it was running brand new. What I would like to know is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i have win 10 i want to install win 7