Windows 10: HOW can i get Windows Media Player 12 to open in FULL SCREEN by default EVERY TIME i launch...

Discus and support HOW can i get Windows Media Player 12 to open in FULL SCREEN by default EVERY TIME i launch... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Here is the deal: when i double click on a video (ANY video...avi, mpg, wmp, mp4, etc), i want it to open in full screen each and every time - BY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MattAlbrecht1, Aug 18, 2019.

1. HOW can i get Windows Media Player 12 to open in FULL SCREEN by default EVERY TIME i launch...

Here is the deal:

when i double click on a video (ANY video...avi, mpg, wmp, mp4, etc), i want it to open in full screen each and every time - BY DEFAULT. no need for me to hit 'alt-enter' after it opens. no need for me to right click on anything. No need to double click on the video once opened. No need to 'hold the control key down and drag it to full screen then close it because windows will remember that next time" (hint: it WON'T).

i embed videos into power point training slides and if my students need to open a video, they should not have to go through hoops to get it to open in full screen! heck, let's just say i want to watch video i downloaded and i navigate to the folder and double click on it to watch it - i want it in FULL SCREEN without any more involvement from me other than just opening the file!

Is THAT too much to ask? It is WMP version 12, running Windows TEN (not 8, not 7), 64 bit, on a Dell.

yes, i know that some videos are compressed or designed to be small, and if they were opened in full screen by default, they would be blurry or muddy. I'LL TAKE THE CHANCE! jsut give me a 'box' to check where i can toggle 'full screen on' and leave well enough alone!

I have spent 6 hours trying to find a solution for this (along with missing thumbnails, but that is another port) and have tried pretty much every 'solution' that has been posted. NOTHING works. tried to create a batch file. no good. tried to find the values to look for in the registry - not found. checked every damn checkmark in the player. tried maximizing and closing - no good. tried to stretch the window, then close. nope.

COME ON! why is this so hard?? Windows: if it isn't broken don't fix it! earlier versions allowed this and it was an 'easy fix'. Can i uninstall WMP and go with an earlier version? please?

after 6 hours, i cannot think of what else to do, outside of maybe scrapping Microsoft for Linux or something. WAAAAY too frustrating.

:)

MattAlbrecht1, Aug 18, 2019

2. HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/243621

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Aug 18, 2019
  3. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Aug 18, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

HOW can i get Windows Media Player 12 to open in FULL SCREEN by default EVERY TIME i launch...

Windows Media Player 12

Hi Bob,

To help you with this concern, we suggest that you manage your Music Libraries first in Windows Media Player. There might be a conflict between locations where your ripped songs will be saved. Here's how:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • Press the ALT button to open the File context menu.
    • Click File, go to Manage Libraries, then select
      Music.
    • Delete all Music Libraries except the default one where your music will be saved.
    • Try to rip your songs again.

We'll wait for your feedback.

Regards.

Jomel Ber, Aug 18, 2019
Thema:

HOW can i get Windows Media Player 12 to open in FULL SCREEN by default EVERY TIME i launch...

1. HOW can i get Windows Media Player 12 to open in FULL SCREEN by default EVERY TIME i launch... - Similar Threads - Media Player open

2. How can I make Windows Media Player open videos in full screen by default? And how do I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I make Windows Media Player open videos in full screen by default? And how do I...: Hello, Windows seems to want me to use Windows Media Player when opening video files so I kinda went with it, but I am really confused with the way it works.My problems are:When opening a video file from file explorer it seems like I cannot make it open up in full screen mode...
  3. How can I make Windows Media Player open videos in full screen by default? And how do I...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I make Windows Media Player open videos in full screen by default? And how do I...: Hello, Windows seems to want me to use Windows Media Player when opening video files so I kinda went with it, but I am really confused with the way it works.My problems are:When opening a video file from file explorer it seems like I cannot make it open up in full screen mode...
  4. How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?: How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that?<Changed to a question><Original title: Windows Media Player 12>...
  5. How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I set Windows Media Player 12 as the default DVD Player?: How do I set windows media player as the default DVD Player? When ever I play a DVD it opens ClipChmp. How do I change that?<Changed to a question><Original title: Windows Media Player 12>...
  6. Can I Get Windows Media player installed

Can I Get Windows Media player installed: I want to install Windows Media system and reload my system devices .* Moved from MSN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-get-windows-media-player-installed/a99b72e3-0df2-4d00-babc-5df1330894b2
  7. How can I launch every application in windowed mode by default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I launch every application in windowed mode by default?: Hi all, Lately I've been getting frustrated when applications automatically open in full screen mode, and if not full screen, it's windowed, but still taking up the entire screen. I've searched a bunch on Google on how to do this but never came to any success, so like always...
  8. media player 12

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    media player 12: Why does windows media player 12 only show my pictures for a brief moment when I try to view them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-12/353aba39-5e4c-4aee-af58-893f54ac8410"
  9. File explorer window opens every time I exit full screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer window opens every time I exit full screen: I just recently did a clean reinstall of my Windows 10 Home (aprox 1 week ago), the first days where going awesome, but since yesterday I've been suffering a weird problem: everytime I do something using full screen mode (watching a youtube video, hitting F11, playing a game,...
  10. Windows Media Player Not Opening in Full Screen?

Windows Media Player Not Opening in Full Screen?: Running ver 1607 Home. Whenever I open a video file from File Explorer, WMP opens up in a small screen? Then I need to click the rectangle to maximise to full screen. I have tried R click icon > Properties > run = Maximised. But no change? How do I get WMP to open in full...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to open windows media player full screen

2. make windows media player launch in fullscreen

3. windows media player open full screen

4. windows media player opens with small screen,
  5. open videos in windows media player in full screen,
  6. open windows media player in full screen mode,
  7. windows media player full screen,
  8. windows media player full screen opening mp3