Windows 10: How can I get Windows to boot?

Discus and support How can I get Windows to boot? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I upgraded my PC motherboard, processor and RAM yesterday. That all went smoothly. In this process, i got an m2 slot on my new motherboard, meaning i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lukestar67, Apr 2, 2020.

1. How can I get Windows to boot?

I upgraded my PC motherboard, processor and RAM yesterday. That all went smoothly. In this process, i got an m2 slot on my new motherboard, meaning i could put Windows on my SSD instead of my HDD and boot from it. I cloned Windows with Macrium Reflect onto the SSD, set the SSD as #1 in boot priority list, but it still booted from the HDD and there was a new "System Reserved" drive apparent files on it. I didnt care to lose my files as all my necessary ones are on online drives and i even tried to clean install windows and remove my files three times but it somehow apparently failed. Not knowing that the System Reserved drive had Windows on it, i removed it and restarted my computer. Although my hard drive should still have had Windows on it, it wont boot from it. I downloaded Windows media creation tool onto a USB, set it to boot from the USB but i get a blue screen saying there was a problem and that it will restart itself, but it instead just turns off. I can't seem to get the troubleshooting screen up to restore a previous version or open command prompt up. I have an MSI Gaming Plus Max, AMD Ryzen 5 3600X, 1TB HDD, M2 970 EVO Plus 500gb SSD if any of that matters. How can i get Windows back on my computer? Should I try burning it onto a disc instead of using a USB, or would it most likely make no difference?

:)

Lukestar67, Apr 2, 2020
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 2, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Apr 2, 2020
  4. How can I get Windows to boot?

freaksavior, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

How can I get Windows to boot?

1. How can I get Windows to boot? - Similar Threads - boot

2. System Will Not Boot After Using Modified Unattend.xml file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Will Not Boot After Using Modified Unattend.xml file: After generating a revised Unattend.xml" from Windows System Image Manager and running "Sysprep", I receive the following error when booting the system after capturing the image, "winload.efi corrupt or missing". The file that works is as...
  3. System Will Not Boot After Using Modified Unattend.xml file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Will Not Boot After Using Modified Unattend.xml file: After generating a revised Unattend.xml" from Windows System Image Manager and running "Sysprep", I receive the following error when booting the system after capturing the image, "winload.efi corrupt or missing". The file that works is as...
  4. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  5. Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources

Second local user account is turning on on boot and using my computer's resources: Good morning,I have two local accounts with administrator rights created on my computer.The first one - belongs to me - let's call it Account XThe second one of my brother's - let's call it Account YWhen I open account X and log into it, everything is fine and the task...
  6. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...
  7. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?: I have a single PC that I dual boot into two Win10 installations: one for work, one for gaming. Both installations use the same retail digital license. I got hit by a Windows activation bug where a BIOS upgrade resulted in both installations losing activation because Windows...
  8. Is Dual Boot still allowed on a single PC with a digital license?

9. Computer freezes during initial boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during initial boot: Hello,I have purchased some new computers for a company that I work for. They have been starting to give problems where it takes about 5-10 minutes to boot up and get to the log-in screen. I have attached a link to the memory dump files if anybody can take a look. Thank you!...
  10. Computer freezes during initial boot

Computer freezes during initial boot: Hello,I have purchased some new computers for a company that I work for. They have been starting to give problems where it takes about 5-10 minutes to boot up and get to the log-in screen. I have attached a link to the memory dump files if anybody can take a look. Thank you!...