Windows 10: How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?

Discus and support How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GeorgeDavelis, Nov 28, 2022.

1. How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?

How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?

:)

GeorgeDavelis, Nov 28, 2022

2. How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?

How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?

GeorgeDavelis, Nov 28, 2022
  3. Cortana Microphone headset problems.

Hi Mike,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I understand your concern. I suggest you to follow the steps:

• Open settings by clicking thee windows icon the click settings.
    • Search Sound in the top right corner and click it.
    • Then right click the one device you want to use, then click default communication device.
    • Then try Cortana.
    As you've already set up microphone but I would suggest you to check again by typing microphone set up and go through that, it should set everything up for you.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need more assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Nov 28, 2022
  4. RajithR Win User

Cortana not hearing voice commands

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on the Microsoft Communities.

1. Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

2. Does the microphone work with other apps such as Skype?

3. Have you tried using "Learn my voice" settings?

Kindly, follow these steps and check if that helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Method 2:

I suggest you to run the Recording Audio
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Recording Audio.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

RajithR, Nov 28, 2022
Thema:

1. How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time? - Similar Threads - command Cortana without

2. How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?: How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-give-command-to-cortana-without-clicking/256a75b2-1209-4ef6-8cdb-9c64d2947bf6
  3. How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?

in Cortana
    How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time?: How can I give command to Cortana without clicking the microphone button every time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-give-command-to-cortana-without-clicking/256a75b2-1209-4ef6-8cdb-9c64d2947bf6
  4. every time i click the "sign in with microsoft" button on minecraft.net it takes me to a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    every time i click the "sign in with microsoft" button on minecraft.net it takes me to a...: says it all in the title. im trying to go change my minecraft username but the goddamn website to log in won't even load. it just sits there doing nothing. and i have no other way to log into the website because of the migration stuff....
  5. every time i click the "sign in with microsoft" button on minecraft.net it takes me to a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    every time i click the "sign in with microsoft" button on minecraft.net it takes me to a...: says it all in the title. im trying to go change my minecraft username but the goddamn website to log in won't even load. it just sits there doing nothing. and i have no other way to log into the website because of the migration stuff....
  6. Cortana randomly triggers without command

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana randomly triggers without command: Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11 on release back in October, Cortana has randomly come up while I'm using my computer without command. When Cortana pops up, it reduces the volume of whatever I'm doing so it makes meetings hard. I also find it weird because Cortana is...
  7. Cortana randomly triggers without command

Cortana randomly triggers without command: Hello,Ever since I upgraded to Windows 11 on release back in October, Cortana has randomly come up while I'm using my computer without command. When Cortana pops up, it reduces the volume of whatever I'm doing so it makes meetings hard. I also find it weird because Cortana is...
  8. How to keep talking to Cortana without saying "Hey Cortana" every time.

in Cortana
    How to keep talking to Cortana without saying "Hey Cortana" every time.: The title says it all. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-keep-talking-to-cortana-without-saying-hey/8618e88e-ad28-47e8-b1e8-9b625dfd0cf6
  9. When i click on my microphone in the sound settings it's disappearing every time!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When i click on my microphone in the sound settings it's disappearing every time!: [ATTACH] So when I click here it's disappearing every time. I tried restarting my pc and it's still not working! Please help! Here is a link that shows the problem - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rl--nhI-_VM&feature=youtu.be...
  10. Cortana voice recognition on button click

Cortana voice recognition on button click: Hi everyone, I recently upgraded my media center to Windows 10, because I wanted to use Cortana. Basically, what I want to do is, press a button on my remote and then "talk" to Cortana. However I cannot find any hotkey, that essentially does the click on the "listen"...