Windows 10: How can I give more space to the D: drive from C: drive?

Discus and support How can I give more space to the D: drive from C: drive? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I have two partitions on my windows 10 So how can I give more space to the D: drive from the C: drive Is there a way to make it so, the D: drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/AustralianZach, Jan 17, 2020.

1. How can I give more space to the D: drive from C: drive?

So, I have two partitions on my windows 10

So how can I give more space to the D: drive from the C: drive

Is there a way to make it so, the D: drive gets more storage from the C: drive.

submitted by /u/AustralianZach
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/AustralianZach, Jan 17, 2020

2. storage space on drives C and D

hello, I've just purchased a second hand laptop, I have a 1TB C drive with 4GB D drive I have 2.42 left in D drive. can I move anything from D drive to C to drive to free up any space. any help would be appreciated thank you

brionypups, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Not enough space on Recovery (DHow can I give more space to the D: drive from C: drive? :) drive.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the following:

1. What is the make and model number of your Computer?

Please note that recovery "D" is a partition on the hard drive which contains the image of the Operating system. You can use it to restore the computer back to factory settings. You should not attempt to store files in it.
    If you have any data saved on the D drive, I would suggest you to move it to an external drive and to free up some space, you can follow the steps provided in the article:
    Free up drive space in Windows 10.

If you are using a HP computer, then you can refer to this article:
    HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - What is the Recovery (DHow can I give more space to the D: drive from C: drive? :) Hard Drive?

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking on Yes or No.

Naresh_K, Jan 17, 2020
  4. How can I give more space to the D: drive from C: drive?

how to merge c drive and d drive

It depends on a couple things.

If you have two separate physical C and D drives, you can't merge them.

If the D drive is a partition (not a drive) and its to the right of C:\ in Disk Management, you can right click C:\ then click Extend.

Press Windows key + X

Click Disk Management

Take a screenshot then post in a reply here.

If the layout is similar to how I described it, try the following. Make sure important data is backed up if there is any.

Select the D:\ partition

Right click the ‘D:\’ in Disk Management, on the contextual menu, click the ‘Delete Volume’ option. Click ‘Yes’ when the warning dialog appears.

The Volume you deleted will now appear as ‘Free space’, you will also notice that the disk icon no longer appears in the list of volumes.

Right click the Free space partition, and click Delete, click Yes on the Disk Management warning that appears.

The volume will now appear as Unallocated. Our next step is to merge back that unallocated free space with the system partition (C:\). Right click the System volume and click the ‘Extend Volume’ option on the contextual menu, click ‘Yes’ when the warning appears.

A wizard will now begin that will guide through the steps to merge back the unallocated space with your system partition.

The wizard provides a simple procedure to merge back the unallocated space with the system drive. Once you have selected the space, click Next, at the end of the wizard, you will see the amount allocated.

Andre for Directly, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

How can I give more space to the D: drive from C: drive?

1. How can I give more space to the D: drive from C: drive? - Similar Threads - more space drive

2. can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive: can i transfer files from a c drive to d drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-files-from-a-c-drive-to-d-drive/8d0460ac-5cfe-47b9-bfe4-2b64b76f0b19
  3. How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C....

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C....: How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C. I forgot to create back up storage for the drive D before expanding the space...
  4. How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C....: How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C. I forgot to create back up storage for the drive D before expanding the space...
  5. How can I recover the files in my drive D after I merge the space of Drive D in my drive C....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Need more space on the C: drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need more space on the C: drive: I have allot of free disk space on my D: drive but none on my C: drive. I cannot extend the C: volume. How can I free up disk space? I moved all that I could to the D: drive already. I have a HP Windows 10 system....
  7. How can D drive space can be allocated to C drive for expanding C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can D drive space can be allocated to C drive for expanding C drive?: How can D drive space can be allocated to C drive for expanding C drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-d-drive-space-can-be-allocated-to-c-drive/8fd8aaa9-0237-4457-b437-1ef89a970827"
  8. How can we increase a space in c drive from d drive in windows 10?

How can we increase a space in c drive from d drive in windows 10?: below are the screen shots[ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-increase-a-space-in-c-drive-from-d/6706bca8-7ccd-4d2d-a512-3b3bebe351c9"
  9. Move free space from D drive to C Drive

Move free space from D drive to C Drive: Hi, I am receiving messages saying my storage is full. Disk manager shows no free space on C drive, but 913GB free on D drive, how can I reallocate free space from D to C? Thanks...
  10. Try to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error

Try to move files from C: Drive to empty D: Drive, but give not enough space error: I have a 237 GB SSD (C: Drive) and 909 GB HDD (D: Drive). I only have 27.8 GB left on my C: Drive, but all 909 GB left on my D: Drive. So my C: Drive is almost full, but when I try to move basic files from my desktop (i.e. photos, videos, etc.) I get an Interrupted Action...