Windows 10: How can I give permission to move a protected folder to myself?

Discus and support How can I give permission to move a protected folder to myself? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I'm trying to move a folder from an external hard drive to my desktop, but when I try that, it says that I need permission from my own account, does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Obi, Dec 10, 2017.

1. OBI
    Obi Win User

How can I give permission to move a protected folder to myself?

So I'm trying to move a folder from an external hard drive to my desktop, but when I try that, it says that I need permission from my own account, does anyone know how to fix this?

:)

2. Agata J. Win User

How on earth I can give permission for my child to use whatsapp!

Hi sirkkuharjunpää,

Thank you for your post on the forum.

I understand that your question is related to setting up My Family for your child’s account.

First of all I would advise you to remove your child’s account from My Family settings on your account on the following page:

https://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/family

Then please follow the instructions posted on the following forum post (steps 1 – 10):

How to Set Up 'My Family' on Windows Phone 8! (A Guide)

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks again for posting!

Kind regards,

Agata J., Dec 10, 2017
  3. How on earth I can give permission for my child to use whatsapp!

There is (it feel´l like a million accounts to create) before Lumia 635 even starts to work and I have done everything according (very confusing "advices" from Windows/google/Xbox/microsoft..

I see my child in windows family page but still chilld´s phone says we need to define myfamily accounts!

In myfamily, I can´t find any field to give any permission, my child have not received any e-mail to microsoft account.

How on earth this could work, no help from any website as microsoft has hidden this "contact us" so carefully.

Most propably this is not the right page as I needed to "tik" 12 times before finding this!

Desperate parent

sirkkuharjunpää, Dec 10, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

You should have sufficient permissions to move a folder TO your desktop, but what about the permissions of the folder on the external drive? Do you have permission to move it FROM that drive?

If you had created that folder on another PC (using an account on that PC that's the same name as your account on this one) then the 'other you' needs to give permission - and that 'other you' account doesn't exist on this PC. Take ownership of the folder and try again.

5. spunk Win User
    Make sure that this folder does not have an application that is running in the background or has a file it it that is open.
    Then, as stated, Take Ownership of the folder or drive to move it to your computer.

spunk, Dec 10, 2017
  6. Bree New Member
Thema:

1. How can I give permission to move a protected folder to myself? - Similar Threads - permission move protected

2. how do i give myself permissions to change my internet security levels

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i give myself permissions to change my internet security levels: title, it's not letting me change anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-give-myself-permissions-to-change-my/8423db2f-721e-49e7-8552-3c91394d9d1b
  3. how do i give myself permissions to change my internet security levels

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i give myself permissions to change my internet security levels: title, it's not letting me change anything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-give-myself-permissions-to-change-my/8423db2f-721e-49e7-8552-3c91394d9d1b
  4. how do i give myself permissions to change my internet security levels

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..

How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..: I have a file that called Xbox games, it keeps getting larger adding new subfiles. I know I have to delete it but it says I need permission to delete from administration how do I give myself full access to delete the filees...
  6. How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I give myself permissions to delete a file..: I have a file that called Xbox games, it keeps getting larger adding new subfiles. I know I have to delete it but it says I need permission to delete from administration how do I give myself full access to delete the filees...
  7. How do I give myself access to my own folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I give myself access to my own folder?: Whenever I try to open/delete one of my folders it pops up with a message saying "windows cannot open the folder, access to the compressed zipped folder is denied" and doesn't let me do anything, for example, i cant see the security settings because I don't have...
  8. How do I give myself access to my own folder?

How do I give myself access to my own folder?: Whenever I try to open/delete one of my folders it pops up with a message saying "windows cannot open the folder, access to the compressed zipped folder is denied" and doesn't let me do anything, for example, i cant see the security settings because I don't have...
  9. How do I give myself access to my own folder?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Require permission from myself to delete folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Require permission from myself to delete folder: When I try to delete some folders it asks me to give administrator permission to delete it so I do then it tells me I require permission from MSI/BBass (myself) to make changes to this folder. This has happened for multiple folders in my steam folder. I've tried giving myself...