Windows 10: How can I give priority to the traffic from...over my own computer's traffic?

Discus and support How can I give priority to the traffic from...over my own computer's traffic? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm not the asker nor any of the answerers of it, but I'm using the info from thisStack Overflow answer to connect my Oculus GO to the internet. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JadianRadiator, Nov 26, 2020.

1. How can I give priority to the traffic from...over my own computer's traffic?

I'm not the asker nor any of the answerers of it, but I'm using the info from thisStack Overflow answer to connect my Oculus GO to the internet.

My computer however, gives its self all the bandwidth it can use before serving any bandwidth to my Oculus GO.

How do I set my computer to give higher priority to the Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter my Oculus GO connects through to get online?

:)

JadianRadiator, Nov 26, 2020

2. Traffic avoidance

I also maybe need some help here.

This is what i did:

In Ovi Maps, option navigation, i did set traffic information to "manual" and change route because of trafic to "Always ask" (Sorry, i am translating from a different language).

This means, that in standard navigation i get no traffic information.

But while navigation i did select options, and then selected "update traffic info". The phone then graps data online, and then displays a list of traffic jams. Seems to be the complete list for that country, and a special marker for all the traffic jams
    on my route.

But then nothing happens.

I am not asked, if i want to change route, and i have no further options in the list of traffic jams.

So either my traffic jams were not big enough to calc a different route.... or i did something wrong......

noplayback---01, Nov 26, 2020
  3. farblue Win User
    Traffic updates

I've been testing the traffic update capabilities of Maps 2 and have found that, within the Birmingham city centre and surrounding areas, that the quality and accuracy of the information leaves much to be desired. I've found the updates focusing mainly
    on the multiple motorways around birmingham and often missing long-term road-works around the city and there seems to be a long delay in updating the data because listed incidents are cleared while new incidents are not reported.

Has anyone else had problems with the level of traffic update support they are receiving?

Are there plans to expand the traffic capabilities?

TomTom's system that knows about 'rush hour' traffic would be nice and I also don't see why (being network based) data on traffic speed in an area can't be gathered from other users of the Maps software to improve the traffic and route-planning capabilities
    of the software.

farblue, Nov 26, 2020
  4. How can I give priority to the traffic from...over my own computer's traffic?

Traffic?

I encountered my first traffic jam while using the My Commute feature. It worked flawlessly. It's doesn't suggest re-routing but since it's a commuting feature It's probably best drivers use their local knowledge.

michail71---01, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

How can I give priority to the traffic from...over my own computer's traffic?

1. How can I give priority to the traffic from...over my own computer's traffic? - Similar Threads - priority traffic own

2. How to force file transfer traffic over a specific Nic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force file transfer traffic over a specific Nic: I have two identical servers, each having 2 10Gbe nics each. The first nic nic1 of each server is connected to the enterprise network via a 1Gbe Switch. The second nics nic2 are connected directly to each other. I would like all file transfers between the two servers ie....
  3. How to force file transfer traffic over a specific Nic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to force file transfer traffic over a specific Nic: I have two identical servers, each having 2 10Gbe nics each. The first nic nic1 of each server is connected to the enterprise network via a 1Gbe Switch. The second nics nic2 are connected directly to each other. I would like all file transfers between the two servers ie....
  4. How to force file transfer traffic over a specific Nic

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Web Traffic Log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Web Traffic Log: I am looking for a simple app that can log the web traffic from and to my Windows 10 computer for the last 24 to 48 hours. The only info I would like to see is the exact date and time of the connection, the app that initiated the connection, the user that initiated the...
  6. VLC Traffic Cone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VLC Traffic Cone: Here is a Camera that taken from Samsung Galaxy S9+.[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/vlc-traffic-cone/27a22f1b-250f-4920-bdac-6d823dc5e938"
  7. Can 'not' block virtualbox traffic with firewall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can 'not' block virtualbox traffic with firewall: I am trying to configure my Windows system such I can block VirtualBox VM traffic to for example the internet but not the local network. That is I have some services on my local network that my VMs must access but I want to block all traffic outside of the local network e.g....
  8. How to measure the traffic on my internet line?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to measure the traffic on my internet line?: How to measure the traffic on my internet line? I couldn’t figure out if there is a simple tool by which we can measure the traffic on the internet line. Thank you Best Jamal [img] 124054
  9. How to measure the traffic on my internet line?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to measure the traffic on my internet line?: How to measure the traffic on my internet line? I couldn’t figure out if there is a simple tool by which we can measure the traffic on the internet line. Thank you Best Jamal [img] 124054
  10. desktop traffic jam

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop traffic jam: I have somehow managed to create a few extra shortcuts..600 of them..by attempting to send my camera's contents to a folder on my C drive. I have no idea how to undo this. Can someone please help? Thank you. 104353