Windows 10: How can I globally adjust view sliders in 1809?

Discus and support How can I globally adjust view sliders in 1809? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all - I cant seem to lock down (have them stick) these custom views: Before - [img] After - [img] Note the spacing in "after." I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Compumind, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Compumind Win User

How can I globally adjust view sliders in 1809?

Hi all -

I cant seem to lock down (have them stick) these custom views:

Before -

How can I globally adjust view sliders in 1809? [​IMG]

After -

How can I globally adjust view sliders in 1809? [​IMG]

Note the spacing in "after." I would let to globally set these for folder views.

Any ideas?

TIA *chuckle

:)

Compumind, Feb 4, 2019
  2. rlee123 Win User

Missing Adjust Screen Brightness slider in Power Options

My HP laptop performed a Windows Update today. As a result, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display.

I have Win 10. I've found a YouTube video (specifically for Win 7) that suggests going to Device Manager - Monitors - Properties - Uninstall Device, but I've also read that doing so will merely result in the same driver being reinstalled.

What should I do to get the "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider back in Power Options?

Thanks so much for your help.

rlee123, Feb 4, 2019
  3. dalchina Win User

This is how 1809 is. Settings are moving from the Control Panel.

There are plenty of other ways of adjusting brightness- could you clarify which isn't working for you?

dalchina, Feb 4, 2019
  4. rlee123 Win User

Yes, to clarify, I've lost my "Adjust Screen Brightness" slider in Power Options. I can still find it in Settings - Display. In addition, I can adjust brightness with the Function keys.

Thanks. I guess I will have to use Settings or the Function keys to adjust brightness from now on.

rlee123, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I globally adjust view sliders in 1809? - Similar Threads - globally adjust view

2. Adjusting Camera View on Hololens

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Adjusting Camera View on Hololens: So we are utilizing HoloLens to live stream to viewers watching on Microsoft teams through the app called remote assist and by using the internal camera located on the HoloLens headset. Is there any way to adjust the camera more than physically doing so by tilting the...
  3. Volume stuck at one level even when I adjust the slider

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume stuck at one level even when I adjust the slider: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop. For some reason, no matter what level I adjust the volume to, it's always really loud. I have it at 2 right now, and it's still blaring loud. If I set it to 100, it's the same volume. Any ideas?...
  4. How can I set global WinExplorer view?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I set global WinExplorer view?: How can I set global WinExplorer view? In Windows Explorer I only use the Details view with small icons, no pictures, blah, blah. Oh, and don't like the media columns that pop up when I dump audio files in an empty folder, etc. So far I haven't found a way to make ALL...
  5. Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume wheel/slider not actually adjusting volume: I'm running into some kind of software conflict where my volume wheel on my keyboard brings up the volume slider to the left side of the screen and the little animation shows it increasing/decreasing the volume, but my actual volume isn't going down and the only way to turn...
  6. No brightness adjust slider on laptop

No brightness adjust slider on laptop: So it's a weird one. Ideally I'd like to fix this. Things to know: The laptop had a screen replacement. It's a Lenovo ThinkPad T450 Windows 10 Version 2004 Bought off eBay I bought it as a laptop for university and discovered that the brightness was stuck at 100%. When i...
  7. No brightness adjustment slider

No brightness adjustment slider: I recently bought a new computer with a fresh update of Windows 10, and everything was working well until I went to adjust my brightness. I am running a 3GB Geforce 1060 and all my drivers are up to date. I've tried pretty much every fix I've come across, but so far nothing...
  8. How to disable globally Control Flow Guard in Windows 10 1809

How to disable globally Control Flow Guard in Windows 10 1809: and also other exploit options, they are greyed out in settings and group policy wont let me change status to "enable" its says something about .xml files. submitted by /u/yarojohn [link] [comments]...
  9. adjust screen view

adjust screen view: How can I adjust my screen view to always show full-screen windows?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/adjust-screen-view/9f3449eb-d7b7-4ce0-a523-859c1e3c8979
  10. No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No option or slider to adjust Brightness ?: Intel Compute Stick. Windows 10 Home. 1709 Build 16299.248. The usual brightness slider is nowhere to be found. Not in Power Options nor Settings > System > Display. It is too bright. Hurting my eyes. 104505