Windows 10: How can I grant an group permissions?

Discus and support How can I grant an group permissions? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/balderoine [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fcfb6l/how_can_i_grant_an_group_permissions/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/balderoine, Mar 2, 2020.

1. How can I grant an group permissions?

/u/balderoine, Mar 2, 2020

2. The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application

Hello Rob,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with the application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM server application on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Amuzeini” replied on December 22, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Event ID 10016 - The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID

Note:
    This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection,
    back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Also, I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “SE. Mohammed” replied on June 2, 2013 in the following Microsoft Community link.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 2012

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Cathy Kong” replied on May 12, 2010 in the following Microsoft Community link.

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {61738644-F196-11D0-9953-00C04FD919C1}

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Mar 2, 2020
  3. Program Permissions for Roommates

We appreciate your response.

If you're still unable to change the permission settings, you may try these steps:

• Right-click on the application or program that you'd like to grant permissions.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Security > Edit.
    • Under Group or User names, click on the user account name you'd like to have changes with, then tick the
      boxes under Allow.
    • Click OK.

Let us know how it goes.

Rachelle Gra, Mar 2, 2020
  4. How can I grant an group permissions?

Granting two users different permissions to different folders

Probably not, but if its a windows 10 pro machine you could try creating new groups for the users and trying to give those groups permissions over the top folder while setting the security permissions to also deny access for the opposite group. Perhaps you could even skip the part about taking ownership or permissions and simply deny the opposite group access to the other's folders.

SpatialAnomaly, Mar 2, 2020
Thema:

How can I grant an group permissions?

1. How can I grant an group permissions? - Similar Threads - grant group permissions

2. how do i grant my user special permissions?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i grant my user special permissions?: the checkbox to enable special permissions is greyed out across all users on my computer. this is especially annoying as i'm trying to change where msfs 2020 is installed as my c drive only has 97gb free while my ext hard drive has >580gb of space but i cannot change where...
  3. how do i grant my user special permissions?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i grant my user special permissions?: the checkbox to enable special permissions is greyed out across all users on my computer. this is especially annoying as i'm trying to change where msfs 2020 is installed as my c drive only has 97gb free while my ext hard drive has >580gb of space but i cannot change where...
  4. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  5. how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?

how to grant appropriate permissions to access file?: how to grant appropriate permissions to access file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-appropriate-permissions-to-access/32fb43b9-6461-4f90-a77c-adae23dfb1db
  6. Can't grant admin permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't grant admin permissions: When a "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" pops up, there is no option to type in a username and password. I recently changed my personal permissions to "Device Owner" and cannot give admin permissions to any application....
  7. Can't grant admin permissions

Can't grant admin permissions: When a "Do you want to allow this app to make changes to your device" pops up, there is no option to type in a username and password. I recently changed my personal permissions to "Device Owner" and cannot give admin permissions to any application....
  8. Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Svrhost, permissions granted to everyone: “Svchost” getting a ton of theses showing in task manager as well as permissions for security managment granted to, EVERYONE, RESTRICTED, ALL RESTRICTED APPLICATION PACKAGES, ACCOUNT UNKNOWN s-1-15-3-1024-etc...... Im almost certain that somehow remotely or wirelessly...
  9. how to grant permission to Cortana to iTunes music

in Cortana
    how to grant permission to Cortana to iTunes music: how to grant permission to Cortana to iTunes music https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-grant-permission-to-cortana-to-itunes-music/288c2406-cd69-4db6-b2b7-9879d581e6d2
  10. How do I grant permission to work with a file?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I grant permission to work with a file?: I tried to grant permission to work with a file for my husband's account on the same computer as mine. When I go through the security setting, it only lists me as an administrator and user. When I changed him from other user to family member, it showed his email but would not...