Windows 10: How can I guarantee that the updates Windows keeps trying to force on me now won't break my...

Discus and support How can I guarantee that the updates Windows keeps trying to force on me now won't break my... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm on Windows 10, and ever since I got this computer I've received nothing but buggy or broken updates. Infact, the very first update I received, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anonywolf, Apr 10, 2021.

1. Anonywolf Win User

How can I guarantee that the updates Windows keeps trying to force on me now won't break my...

I'm on Windows 10, and ever since I got this computer I've received nothing but buggy or broken updates. Infact, the very first update I received, when this computer was brand new, forced me into a position where, on the suggestion of tech support, I had to restore it to before the update, and disable updates for months. The computer was otherwise completely unuseable. This proved to be a pattern- every single time this computer updates, it breaks down, forcing me to the exact same thing *just* so I can use it. For whatever reason, I can't just shut down all updates indefinitely, which is what I want to do now. Instead, once a month I get a notification about a pending update that absolutely must happen and I can't even shut down my computer without either accepting it or delaying it another month. I refuse the former, because for all I know it'll be yet another broken update. I have zero reason to trust them anymore. I am absolutely sick of this, i've been putting off these updates since the last time they wrecked this computer. How can I be sure they won't do the same again? If necessary, how can I disable them permanently? So I never again have to delay them, I can just shut them off forever and never look back on it.

:)

Anonywolf, Apr 10, 2021
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

3. tops Win User
    Skype won´t wok in 17063

Ok...

After update my Windows 10 to 17063.1000 build, skype won´t work...

It open, but if I Start my conversasion with camera, file share or screen share, it crash...

If I try to uninstall anda install again, I give an error...

Any workaround to solve this issue??

*Mad*Mad*Mad*Mad

4. KTR
    ktr Win User

How can I guarantee that the updates Windows keeps trying to force on me now won't break my...

Windows updates won't install!

I had the same problem when i repaired my O/S, i forgot the steps on how to fixed it, but it is in the microsoft support forum.

You have to reinstall the windows updater, then restart the updating service.

edit: Found it...http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

Thema:

1. How can I guarantee that the updates Windows keeps trying to force on me now won't break my... - Similar Threads - guarantee updates keeps

2. How can I keep you from force updating me to Win 10 22H2?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I keep you from force updating me to Win 10 22H2?: I updated to Win 10 22H2. It broke ALL of my bluetooth functionality. WHEN I could get my bluetooth keyboard hooked up, it typed a random amount of the characters that I had typed in a quick string. The wired keyboard did not. All of my wired technology was in the bluetooth...
  3. How can I keep you from force updating me to Win 10 22H2?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I keep you from force updating me to Win 10 22H2?: I updated to Win 10 22H2. It broke ALL of my bluetooth functionality. WHEN I could get my bluetooth keyboard hooked up, it typed a random amount of the characters that I had typed in a quick string. The wired keyboard did not. All of my wired technology was in the bluetooth...
  4. How can I keep you from force updating me to Win 10 22H2?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone: I always pause my updates on windows but it keeps updating to the latest version and breaks my microphone. I tried everything but nothing works, all I can do now is to keep rolling back windows every week every time windows updates it changes the microphone to microphone...
  6. Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone

Windows keeps updating And breaking my Microphone: I always pause my updates on windows but it keeps updating to the latest version and breaks my microphone. I tried everything but nothing works, all I can do now is to keep rolling back windows every week every time windows updates it changes the microphone to microphone...
  7. WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK

WINDOWS FORCED ME TO UPDATE AND NOW STUCK: So my laptop suddenly updated on its own, and the update is stuck at 94%. After a while it says: We couldn't complete the update and is undoing changes. Btw keep in mind, I'm locked off my windows. I can't access anything aside from troubleshooter and Windows Recovery which...
  8. I tried to update java, and now my pc is forcing me to completely install a new version of...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I tried to update java, and now my pc is forcing me to completely install a new version of...: I'll try not to make this too long, but when I installed/updated java (I uninstalled it then reinstalled the updated version over usb because of lack of a wifi connection.) I realized I had to restart my computer, so I did that, then when I get to the windows loading screen,...
  9. How can I force windows to update?

How can I force windows to update?: Windows Update will not work. All of the needed updates say pending download. Also, my outlook is now disconnected. I have searched and tried different solutions including being directed here:...
  10. how can I force Microsoft to let me keep my data files on drive "D"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I force Microsoft to let me keep my data files on drive "D": I had the vendor set up my new computer with a SSD for programs and a secondary HDD for data, but windows has overridden that and put my data folders (libraries?) on the SSD ("C"). I have struggled with this for years, to the point that I stopped buying two hard drives and...