Windows 10: How can I have full control permission under C: / Windows?

Discus and support How can I have full control permission under C: / Windows? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I look at the properties of windows folders, I find that no user has full control permission. In the past, my windows 7 user system had full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by £Kile:-, Jan 14, 2020.

1. £Kile:- Win User

How can I have full control permission under C: / Windows?

When I look at the properties of windows folders, I find that no user has full control permission. In the past, my windows 7 user system had full control permission, but now my windows 10 1909 does not. What can I do to have the highest permission of windows?

:)

£Kile:-, Jan 14, 2020

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 14, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Need Help With Windows Permissions Control Issues

Taking ownership can sometimes just be the first step. You may then need to add your account to the list of those that have permissions and grant yourself full control. On the Security tab, to change permissions, click 'Edit', then click 'Add' to add your account.

4. cdawall Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Jan 14, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I have full control permission under C: / Windows? - Similar Threads - full control permission

2. Full control permissions and Access rights

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full control permissions and Access rights: I accidentally applied deny permissions on the c: drive. Now I can not open the C: drive and the printer can't connect, worse off the I cannot enable the wifi adapter. I tried several solutions to noavail. When I double click on the C: a message pops up saying access denied....
  3. Full control permissions and Access rights

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full control permissions and Access rights: I accidentally applied deny permissions on the c: drive. Now I can not open the C: drive and the printer can't connect, worse off the I cannot enable the wifi adapter. I tried several solutions to noavail. When I double click on the C: a message pops up saying access denied....
  4. Full control permissions and Access rights

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. How can I and not Windows have the full control of sources of Windows Photos?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I and not Windows have the full control of sources of Windows Photos?: Windows Photos always add some sources that I don't want and I need to delete them everytime I restart my PC.This topic is closed and unsolved:...
  6. Default permissions in folders under c:\windows\

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Default permissions in folders under c:\windows\: Is there any way to audit permissions if they changed in C:\windows\ and subfolders since I installed windows 10? Windows XP had such a capability but I cannot find it in windows 10. 143848
  7. Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions

Windows says "no permissions" even though I have full permissions: Hi guys! I have an external drive with a lot of files (about 2,000,000 files). For about 500 of them (which are all located in sub-folders of the same folder), Windows 10 says I don't have the permissions to access the files no matter which application I use to try to open...
  8. Can not control permissions in C:/Program Files

Can not control permissions in C:/Program Files: I am trying to install a plugin for Matlab, which is installed in C:/Program Files. I have done it on PCs running all OSs many times. A dialogue says I do not have permission. I go to the folder Program Files, right click, properties, security, advanced, click change...
  9. Can not control permissions in C:/Program Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Can not control permissions in C:/Program Files: I am trying to install a plugin for Matlab, which is installed in C:/Program Files. I have done it on PCs running all OSs many times. A dialogue says I do not have permission. I go to the folder Program Files, right click, properties, security, advanced, click change...
  10. How to get full permissions for C drive folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to get full permissions for C drive folders?: I have spent a ridiculous amount of time Googling this now, going from forum to forum and am now (understandably, no?) feeling very irritated! *sarc Why on earth do Microsoft design Windows 10 Home Edition so that dialogue boxes come up telling you to contact the system or...