Windows 10: How can i have other people on this computer use the same applications?

Discus and support How can i have other people on this computer use the same applications? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; How can I allow my wife to use the same application Word as I do when she logs in under her name?... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by LeeBuehler, May 11, 2021.

1. How can i have other people on this computer use the same applications?

How can I allow my wife to use the same application Word as I do when she logs in under her name?

:)

LeeBuehler, May 11, 2021
  2. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, May 11, 2021
  3. People Bar is not showing up.

Hi,

The missing People Bar could have been disabled when you turn off your computer. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before you turn off the computer?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps?

To enable people icon on your taskbar, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Click on the Start button on Windows 10 and choose Settings.
    • Next, open the Settings app and choose Personalization icon.
    • select Taskbar to open all taskbar settings.
    • Look for People section, turn on Show people on the taskbar to show the People bar from the taskbar.

We look forward to your response and for the results for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, May 11, 2021
  4. pallen38 Win User

How can i have other people on this computer use the same applications?

how to import people from Outlook.com to windows 10

Problem:
    · Had to restore computer to factory settings...lost everything. Found people at Outlook.com. Reinstalled Windows 10. Somehow that listing showed up in my computer's Windows 10 "people" app. But when start to list address nothing comes up automatically like before even thought the name I'm typing is in the People listing. Tried finding something like "Auto enter addresses" in settings, but see nothing. Any suggestions? I'd like to use my hundreds of people listed without having to look up and physically enter each one when I want to use it.

Suggested Solution:
    Open the "People" app and in the bottom left corner, click the gear icon
    Note the account name it is associated with
    Open the "Mail" app and confirm that under "Accounts" it is using the same

Resolution attempt:
    Opened people app, clicked on settings gear... two accounts listed Gmail & Cox (my isp), but not Outlook, which is one of the 3 mail accounts that are linked in my Windows 10 mail account. Tried to add an outlook account to people app using my email address and outlook password and tells me "account already exists". Still have to manually input any addresses. thoughts? Would "link profiles" or "share contact" options on individual listings help? thx

pallen38, May 11, 2021
Thema:

How can i have other people on this computer use the same applications?

1. How can i have other people on this computer use the same applications? - Similar Threads - computer same applications

2. If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.

in Windows 10 Customization
    If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.: Acer Aspire VX5-591GSolutions tried :*Taskbar, Speaker right click, Sounds, Recording, Microphone, Advanced, Untick both in Exclusive mode*Taskbar, Speaker right click, Sounds, Communications, Do nothingAlternatively, I have tried to set to 'Mute all other sounds' instead of...
  3. If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.: Acer Aspire VX5-591GSolutions tried :*Taskbar, Speaker right click, Sounds, Recording, Microphone, Advanced, Untick both in Exclusive mode*Taskbar, Speaker right click, Sounds, Communications, Do nothingAlternatively, I have tried to set to 'Mute all other sounds' instead of...
  4. If Microphone is used other applications have their volume reduced.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home

Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home: I have two desktop PCs and a surface laptop - all with Windows 10 and connected to the router and each other? via a switch/ethernet. I used to be able to access documents on computter A's hard drive using Windows Explorer to navigate via 'Network' on Computer B. Sometime ago...
  6. Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home: I have two desktop PCs and a surface laptop - all with Windows 10 and connected to the router and each other? via a switch/ethernet. I used to be able to access documents on computter A's hard drive using Windows Explorer to navigate via 'Network' on Computer B. Sometime ago...
  7. Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the same username to access other computers on a network at home: I have two desktop PCs and a surce laptop - all with Windows 10 and connected to the router and each other? via a switch/ethernet. I used to be able to documents on compter A's hard drive using Windows Explorer to navigate via 'Network' on Computer B. Sometime ago somthing...
  8. Two people on same computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two people on same computer: So I am getting a new pc which will be used by both, me and my brother. I have tried creating a multi user account setup on my existing computer but it still shows the files in other drives and also the C drive What I want is for both of us to have a en experience as if we...
  9. Can I import people from People App on another computer?

Can I import people from People App on another computer?: For some reason the people in the People App on my desktop disappeared. Those on my laptop are still present. Is there some way I can get them from the laptop to desktop? Both machines run under the same MS account. Thank you. 132644
  10. can I use mail and thundrbird on the same computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can I use mail and thundrbird on the same computer: I have mozella thunderbird as my default email client on my windows 10 computer but I want to set up mail on the same computer so I can check all the settings and fix the mail program running on the computers at my computer club, but I don't seem to be able to do that. Will...