Windows 10: How can I hear audio on both my TV and headset?

Discus and support How can I hear audio on both my TV and headset? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before I connected my headset to the PC I heard audio from the TV. Now I only do through the headphones. What do I do? 159693 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LAPIII, Jun 30, 2020.

1. LAPIII Win User

How can I hear audio on both my TV and headset?

Before I connected my headset to the PC I heard audio from the TV. Now I only do through the headphones. What do I do?

:)

LAPIII, Jun 30, 2020

2. How do I output audio concurrently to both my TV and my new headphones?

Alright, I have a potentially sticky question. Just as the question above states, how do I get two audio devices outputting at the same time? I have already read answers like this one:

Output audio to multiple devices in Windows 10

For whatever reason, this does not work for me. I believe it doesn't work for me because I don't actually use speakers: I use a TV as both monitor and speakers. Therefore, the "Speakers" option doesn't actually connect to my usual audio output.

How can I hear audio on both my TV and headset? 3bbeff9d-8873-454d-a3e1-bf7d4b1397a5?upload=true.png

When I try the solution I linked above, I can only ever hear audio either through my TV or through my headphones, but not both. Furthermore, the audio is quieter compared to just letting it play normally, so the 'solution' linked above gives me one weakened
    audio source instead of the two normal-sounding it promises!

How do I get the top two devices, my Razor Kraken and my TV, to output audio at the same time?

TobyBergum, Jun 30, 2020
  3. My Windows Audio is a Mess

Hi there Punchcard, I will be your Independent Advisor for today, I hope we can both resolve your problem.

What I would suggest for now is to completely remove the Audio drivers listed in the Device Manager. Please make sure you remove all listed under Sound and audio devices.

Here is how to do it.

Here the steps to completely remove a Device off your computer.

Step 1. Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10.

Step 2. Select Device Manager.

Step 3. Expand the entry Sound and Audio. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

Step 4. You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Step 5. Reboot the computer.

And then please see if there are any improvements.

FerdinandNanalig, Jun 30, 2020
  4. How can I hear audio on both my TV and headset?

Sound issues after connecting my TV to my PC using HDMI cable

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to refer to the mentioned steps and se if it works:

• Connect your Laptop to the TV and turn everything on
    • Right click on the speaker icon, on the task bar.
    • Choose Playback Devices. (You will need to be connected to your TV first to see it listed here).
    • Click the Properties Button with the TV highlighted in the list
    • Click the "Advanced" tab
    • Here you can set the default format for audio playback.

• By default this will be set to the highest quality . You can try each level and use the "Test" button to see if it works.

Hope this helps.

Anusha Verma, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

How can I hear audio on both my TV and headset?

1. How can I hear audio on both my TV and headset? - Similar Threads - hear audio both

2. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can hear myself through my headset: Hey, I got a new headset recently Steelseries Arctis 5 and I tried to use it on my PC just now but I can hear myself whenever my mic is plugged in, I have listen to this device off and I can't find anyway to fix the problem...
  3. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can hear myself through my headset: Hey, I got a new headset recently Steelseries Arctis 5 and I tried to use it on my PC just now but I can hear myself whenever my mic is plugged in, I have listen to this device off and I can't find anyway to fix the problem...
  4. I can hear myself through my headset

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I can't hear audio through my headset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't hear audio through my headset: info: My headset is the Razer Kraken Gaming Headset: Lightweight Aluminum Frame, Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Mercury WhiteI use the rear panel audio jack at the bottom of my pc. 3.5 mm jack Sound Blaster Z by Creative Technology Ltd.I'm using 24...
  6. I can't hear audio through my headset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't hear audio through my headset: info: My headset is the Razer Kraken Gaming Headset: Lightweight Aluminum Frame, Retractable Noise Isolating Microphone, 3.5 mm Audio Jack, Mercury WhiteI use the rear panel audio jack at the bottom of my pc. 3.5 mm jack Sound Blaster Z by Creative Technology Ltd.I'm using 24...
  7. I can't hear audio through my headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I can hear audio but it won’t pick up any of my headsets.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can hear audio but it won’t pick up any of my headsets.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Stoney666222 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mntotf/i_can_hear_audio_but_it_wont_pick_up_any_of_my/
  9. I can hear audio

I can hear audio: I can hear audio on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-can-hear-audio/412824d6-0b27-49a3-968d-e186b145aea3
  10. How can I have audio come from my TV, speakers, and headset?

How can I have audio come from my TV, speakers, and headset?: I can hear audio if I select either as default, but not at the same time. The speakers are connected at the rear. I'd also like to connect my headset to the front....